• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cena VS Bryan - In the future?

Irig

Occasional Pre-Show
Merge this one if a thread of same type has been started already.
I always wanted to see Bryan go against company's top baby face Cena. But thought he wasn't up to the level of Cena. But after seeing his matches with Punk and his mic skills he looks worthy of a feud with Cena. Cena can move on to him after summerslam. Punk should keep the title a bit more. After seeing Cena vs Bryan i was pretty surprised to see Cena win cleanly against Bryan. They should have had that at a later date and made Punk or Show interrupt it. Bryan carried Cena very well as well as his character. He's evolving much like how AJ was.

Bryan vs. Cena this past Monday upset me because I really think it's something that should have been saved for a PPV. Buys are low because we seem to get everything for free on TV. Bryan vs. Cena "for the first time ever" should be saved for a PPV, like Survivor Series for example. I think in the future they can have a long, successful program together. If Cena doesn't win the title at SSlam, Bryan would be a good opponent to move on to.

I was also surprised by the decisive ending to the match, though I am glad they didn't have Bryan tap to the STF. Bryan's definitely one of my very top favorites in the WWE right now, probably only second to Punk at the moment. A year ago if you'd asked me what I thought of Daniel Bryan I'd have said I didn't really care for him at all. His progress and character development over the past year have been truly fantastic. He and Cena worked an awesome match on Monday and I'd love to see them feud at some point.

You made sense up until this...

He's evolving much like how AJ was.

You're serious? Daniel Bryan took a shit this morning that could out wrestle AND out mic work AJ Styles on any given day. In fact, if AJ Styles was able to "evolve" at all, he would have already been at least similarly popular... but he's not. I mean, c'mon, Daniel Bryan turned "YES" and "NO" into catch phrases that have caught on like wild fire. AJ Styles has never, ever, ever done anything a quarter as relevant in the business in the 10 years he's been in TNA as Bryan has done in 2 years in the WWE. Just because they're both small guys in no way welcomes a comparison.

^^^ Pretty sure he was referring to the current GM and her character development.

DB is sniffing so close to the proverbial glass ceiling that he could use it to shave, a solid program with the top guy could him beyond it... I just don't see the downside here.

Bryan is an incredible wrestler and can make anyone look good in the ring. That's the sign of something big, or potentially anyways. He has all the tools (mic skills and def wrestling skills) to be at the top and stay there for a long time. JMO.

Daniel Bryan is basically a less muscled and more charismatic version of Chris Benoit, his crimes aside of course.

I always knew DB was talented, but he was far from being 'over' a year ago at this time when he won MITB. Just seeing how far he has come is a godsend for the WWE, he's one of the few that can actually put on a great match!

Just because DB lost on Raw to Cena shouldn't mean anything, especially because he is now the 'crazy' heel and if anything a loss to Cena should make him a little nuttier. Many future feuds have to be tested on TV....how many Rock VS HHH matches did we see back in the day before they even become somebodies? If anything, they'll be more in tune with each other come PPV time, especially if reports are true Cena is winning the title at SS....I can easily see a Bryan VS Cena main event between now and Royal Rumble.

Daniel Bryan is basically a less muscled and more charismatic version of Chris Benoit, his crimes aside of course.

That's an interesting thought. I suppose it is possible to see the similarities between the two...... both of them being smaller guys who caused pro wrestling to die (according to Kevin Nash).

Technically, they're at the top of the scale, with both lacking great charisma. Benoit made up for it with hard work and a tough-guy ethic, while Bryan works hard and has had the benefit of a great, albeit simple, gimmick.

As to the subject of this topic, it made sense to me that Cena would beat Bryan cleanly, even though Daniel has been featured at top-of-the-card level for months now. Frankly, it takes more than technical wrestling expertise to get to the top now, and while it's terrific Daniel has been able to get there, we can pretty much see management now trying to keep his gimmick going, changing "Yes!" into "No!" and getting the fans even more involved than they were before. Technical wrestling can get you only so far in today's world of pro wrestling. To stay on top, you need what Cena's got. Although he's vastly improved his wrestling repertoire from years ago, he'll never be confused with.....well, Daniel Bryan, when it comes to hold-for-hold action......yet Cena could get you to watch him perform if he stepped in the ring with two broken legs.

But I believe the reason WWE gave us this match in a non-PPV venue is because that's where it belonged. Daniel Bryan shouldn't be beating John Cena in one-on-one competition, at least not cleanly. If he can someday reach Cena's level, that's great....but for now, things are as they should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back