Cena and Wyatt ushering in this new era, what will it be like?

Ubermensch

Pre-Show Stalwart
It appears as if the Cena and Wyatt feud will usher in this new WWE era. Cena has talked at length for quite some time in his promos about the end of the era and his challenge to others wanting step up seems like a passing of the torch on his end. Especially given the increasing amount of heat he gets from the audience.

It would seem as if the PG/Unentertaining is coming to an end. The Wyatts seem to be a bit more grittier than the usual heels, I would guess the WWE is going to revert back a little more.

What themes will highlight this new era?

Right now wwe finding the next stars. Big E, Bray, Roman, Ambrose, Cesaro, Rollins.

Bray Wyatt become a Evil Character like Undertaker.
Roman become a Babyface like John Cena.

Well i think it will still be PG but what i think Cena meant was a new era of wrestlers/superstarts. Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Luke Harper, Seth Rollins, Big E, Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Paige will all usher in a new era once the old timers decide to leave. Hopefully 2014 is the year we see people like Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Mark Henry & Kane finally hang up the boots and move on to allow more young talents to come through. I mean if the Shield vs Wyatts match at the chamber showed you anything is that people are tired of the same old wrestlers and they want this new generation of wrestlers.

A new era doesn't happen until an entire generation of superstars come into their own and take the reigns. The ruthless aggression era as it's called wasn't a true era because it was left overs from the attitude era mixed in with guys who weren't over. Typically announcing a new era is nothing more than a marketing ploy.

The new era Cena is talking about is probably in reference to an initiative to have him work with more young stars to see who catches on. There's definitely a youth movement going on right now. Hopefully some of these guys will stick.

I dont think its a new era, the style of matches or PG element wont change, and it won't be a wholesale change in the roster either. I expect the new blood will have more prominent role alongside established stars and eventually take over, but in general the essence of WWE today will stay the same.

John Cena passing the torch? NO WAY, I say... Someone that didn't lose cleanly (or without a surgery-requiring injury) to a single youngster in the past decade, isn't going to do it now... And certainly not to someone that has not won a single title in their career. The highest extent Cena would go is fight Bray Wyatt for 30 minutes (rather, get carried/beaten up by Bray Wyatt for 30 minutes), before hitting the Attitude Adjustment and winning the match. Then his fans will come and say that the loss to Cena will benefit Bray Wyatt more than it would harm him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back