Celebrity Encounters

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Ben Affleck is shooting his movie in the city I live in this week. He's shooting it with Blake Lively, who I saw yesterday and waved to. She looked in my direction and smiled. She's smoking hot in person. Today, when I finished running an errand downtown, I saw Affleck walking to the closed bank that the movie's being shot in. I remembered I had my camera in my glove compartment and took a picture:

2nrpqgz.jpg

I tried getting his attention, but as you can tell from the picture, he looks unhappy about something.

I've also met Ross Perot when I was 10. He was really nice and shook my hand.

I also go to a bar where a bunch of Bruins hang out from time to time. I've drank with Tim Thomas, Zdeno Chara, and Milan Lucic. The bar has a country night on Saturday nights, and you haven't lived until you've seen Chara, the 6'8" Czechoslovakian in a cowboy hat. All three guys are very cool.

I work as a mentor for teenage boys on probation and a few years back we set it up with the Philadelphia Eagles that the kids and staff could meet the players and get autograps and pictures after a day of training camp. I got to meet Mcnabb, Trotter, Westbrook, Jevon Kearse, etc.. they were all very nice to the kids. Great pictures.
I met one of my favorite Phillies at a game a couple years back, Mitch Williams. Got a pic and autograph. Also very nice.
Met Hall of Fame announce Harry Kalas as well.
Do wrestlers count? If so, I got a bunch.
His last weekend in Philly, Nigel McGuiness came out after the show and walked around chatting with people, posed for a pic for RVDGurl. He was super nice to everyone and very appreciative of the fans. Classy guy.
Also met Homicide and Jack Evans at an ROH show a few years back, after they had already left the company. Homicide posed for a pic with RVDGurl, very nice to us.
Met RVD at a WWE show in Hershey 3 or 4 years ago. Standing a the concession stand next to the entrance to the locker room and he came out and called RVDGurl over, since she had a RVD shirt on. Took a pic, also very nice and smelled of weed.
Met Joey Ryan after a set of Philly ROH tapings in September. I dressed like him for the show, wig, hawaiian shirt, mustache and aviator glasses (those tapings are coming up, look for me ringside). He came out after the show and chatted with RVDGUrl, our other friend, let's call her RoderickStronggurl and myself.

I met the most gifted Power Forward of all time, Chris Webber, after a Kings/Rockets game back in early 2002. He's my favorite sports figure of all time, so that day will always mean a lot to me.

Big Baby Glenn Davis and Tyrus Thomas I met before they became known World wide.

And I've also met Jerry Lynn and Francine at an ECW house show in 2000.

I hung out at Joey Mullen's house and played with his kids when I was like 6

Ha, you met Big Baby JMT? Awesome.

I met Nicolas Cage a few years ago when he moved here. His kids go to school about 15 minutes away from my house. Saw him at the local beach, got his autograph. Pretty cool.

Also met Wes Craven at a horror convention, got his autograph. Also met a bunch of other people who are really only celebrities in the horror community (like the guy who played Jason in Part VI, CJ Graham---have his autograph too).

I used to be good friends with the guitarist/lead singer of the band Vanna who are signed to Epitaph now. Used to hang out with him all the time before he moved to Boston and started the band. I always knew he was going to be successful.

I met the most gifted Power Forward of all time, Chris Webber, after a Kings/Rockets game back in early 2002. He's my favorite sports figure of all time, so that day will always mean a lot to me.

Big Baby Glenn Davis and Tyrus Thomas I met before they became known World wide.

And I've also met Jerry Lynn and Francine at an ECW house show in 2000.

Did you ever read the Fab Five Book? It's a good read, you should check it out if you like Weber.

Ben Affleck is shooting his movie in the city I live in this week. He's shooting it with Blake Lively, who I saw yesterday and waved to. She looked in my direction and smiled. She's smoking hot in person. Today, when I finished running an errand downtown, I saw Affleck walking to the closed bank that the movie's being shot in. I remembered I had my camera in my glove compartment and took a picture:

2nrpqgz.jpg

Hey, that is Sly in the neon vest behind him!

I also go to a bar where a bunch of Bruins hang out from time to time. I've drank with Tim Thomas, Zdeno Chara, and Milan Lucic. The bar has a country night on Saturday nights, and you haven't lived until you've seen Chara, the 6'8" Czechoslovakian in a cowboy hat. All three guys are very cool.

Used to see Chara all the time when he played junior here. He even gave a stick to my best friend. Friend used it as a support beam I believe.

By Mitch Albom? Yes, I have it. My mom actually got me that for my Birthday back when I was in high school.

Very good book. The best stories in it though are the ones about Jalen Rose.
Yeah, that's the one. It made me buy a number 5 Michigan jersey and I followed Jalen's career from then on. I also liked Weber and was excited when the Sixers acquired him to pair with AI, but unfortunately it didn't work out.

Yeah, that's the one. It made me buy a number 5 Michigan jersey and I followed Jalen's career from then on. I also liked Weber and was excited when the Sixers acquired him to pair with AI, but unfortunately it didn't work out.

Yeah, the Sixers should have kept Jim O'Brien. They wouldn't have won a championship under him, but they definitely would have remained a playoff team and I think the team wouldn't have dismantled as quickly as it did.

And Jalen Rose is one of the most underrated players in the history of the game as far as I'm concerned. I fucking love that dude.

Oh shit, Bret Easton Ellis and Mike Tyson, Tdigs? Two of my favorite people in the history of mankind.

Have any stories from those encounters?

Oh, I also met David Lynch...biggest disappointment of my life. But, I kind of had it coming, as he was doing a speaking tour on Transcendental Meditation (in other words, he said jackshit about his movies and would only sign his book).

I've met a few wrestlers while I was on a ring crew.

The girls from KiTTie, behind the venue I first saw them at.

Johnny Rotten (my ex shares a manager with him).

Several of the World Series championship Reds from the early '90's

Joe Nuxhall

and the crowning jewel: Pete Motha-Fuckin' Rose!

Fuck you TDigs. You've met Lynch AND BEE? Fuck you. Stop stealing my dreams.

Fuck you TDigs. You've met Lynch AND BEE? Fuck you. Stop stealing my dreams.

Shit, man, isn't Rhode Island, like, two square miles big? I'm pretty sure your alma mater has a shit load of famous people coming in all the time. Just look up what's doing. I met Ellis through a school function, but I found out about Lynch's speaking tour through the City Paper.

Shit, man, isn't Rhode Island, like, two square miles big? I'm pretty sure your alma mater has a shit load of famous people coming in all the time. Just look up what's doing. I met Ellis through a school function, but I found out about Lynch's speaking tour through the City Paper.

:suspic:

No, we're not two square miles big. We're five damnit, five!

No, really, I'm not sure how big we are, but we're definitely a whole lot bigger than that.

People do come to speak at Brown all the time as well as at the other colleges like RIC and URI, but my car is a gas guzzler so I really try not to go out of my town unless I really need to. I was contemplating going to see Mick Foley do stand up in Providence though. Apparently Colt Cabana is his opening act. I imagine that would be a fun show.

Also met Wes Craven at a horror convention, got his autograph. Also met a bunch of other people who are really only celebrities in the horror community (like the guy who played Jason in Part VI, CJ Graham---have his autograph too).

That is really awesome, Craven, but especially Jason VI.

I've met all kinds of "celebs." Pretty much any guy that was in a pop punk band from 2002-2004.

I met Fat Mike from NoFX a couple years ago which was really cool. I met him outside a NoFX show, I was smoking a cigarette and pregaming in the parking lot. He stumbled over to where my friends and I were and asked us who was playing tonight. I think he thought since we were kinda young that we didn't really know what the band we were seeing looked like. Meanwhile, I shit my pants because I love NoFX. So we talked with him for a couple mins when he realized we weren't ******s.

I actually met Scotty Riggs, right about the time WCW closed up shop, he was working at the Tabernacle [concert venue] in Atlanta as a security guard. He was pretty nice, but kinda had the attitude like "holy shit my life sucks, and this kid remembered me from when I was kind of famous."

After Backlash 2007 in Atlanta, my friends and me were walking outside underneath the arena/in the parking area, we realized we'd managed to stumble on the "wrong side" of the fence where the wrestlers get their cars, and a lot of fans thought we were celebrities which was pretty cool. We ran by and give all the fans who were waiting for autographs fives, maybe it made some naive kid happy. We were posing like we were Hulk Hogan or something and the people loved it. But when we were leaving that we saw some wrestlers driving out of the arena [RVD, Randy Orton, etc.] That was pretty cool.

I also grew up in the same hometown as Cody Rhodes and he worked out in the gym I worked out in for a while, right before he signed with the WWE. I wish I could go back and be like hey.. you should really do some leg press.

There are definitely still some wrestlers I'd love to meet specifically Ric Flair, the Undertaker, Triple H, HBK, and Chris Jericho. Also, a lot of old school wrestlers like Ted DiBiase Sr. and Jake the Snake. I just think it'd be really cool to sit with them and hear some of their stories from the road or whatever.

I met Kate Hudson at Starbucks.

I got to go into the Astros clubhouse after a game when I was a kid because my friend's dad was the sports anchor for a local TV network in Houston.

I smoked weed with Ben Harper as part of a fraternity stunt that worked out far too well.

I partied with Chamillionaire because my friend promoted his concert here in Corpus. This was right before he blew up, but we had been jamming it for years already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back