• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Carwin linked to Steroids.

Dressler

Occasional Pre-Show
In a report from MMAFighting.com it was said that Shane Carwin, among other Pro Athletes, has been found linked to buying/using Anabolic Steroids.

You can read the full article here; http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/14/federal-court-links-shane-carwin-to-steroids-conspiracy-case/

The interesting thing about this is that Carwin has passed every pre-fight and post-fight drug test given to him in every promotion including the UFC. Now this doesn't mean he didn't take them, who knows what masking drugs he could of taken, but in an age were Steroids is such a hot button topic should the UFC penalize Carwin in some way? And if so, what should they do as a penalty against Carwin?

I'll use the argument I used when Brian Cushing got caught juicing. He could have potentially been taking them while training and then cycled off a couple months before he'd have to be tested. Most people seem to think you just suddenly lose ALL your muscle mass when not on steroids but in reality you're going to still be gaining muscle. At the same time, would it explain why Carwin's physique just got worse and worse as each fight went by? Didn't he walk into the UFC lookin' straight ripped?

I don't know if I believe these though but this could be a huge blow to the UFC. Imagine if this had come out and Brock had lost.

I don't think the UFC can really do anything to him. If it turns out to be true and he was juicing, I still don't believe they can or should do anything to him. The article says its from 04' to 06' so it doesn't pertain to his UFC career at all. It would be like A-Rod getting suspended for admitting he juiced. Thing is Carwin never failed a drug test so how can you prove he did them. To go on with what ML Brian has said about cycling off them, that me be the case, as I seen on MTV's True Life: I'm a Muay Thai Fighter one of the they showed one of the guys taking them and him saying how long he could use them so he doesn't fail a test.

As I said when Fizzy posted this in the MMA News and Tidbits part, it would only hurt his image. The UFC has had guys test postitive and are still fighting for them. One name in particular is Nate Maraquardt, who was just challenging for the number one contender spot back in February. I know this kind of sounds like I condone steriods, believe I don't but I just don't see how the UFC can punish him because he did nothing wrong with them, like I said it will hurt his image more than anything. I guess we have to wait untill we here more from the case and more so from Carwin himself.

We also must be mindful of what is ACTUALLY a steroid. Many things are considered steroids. I've taken steroids under the watchful eye of a doctor. Oh and I'll say something else.

Anyone who truly believes that there aren't a SHITLOAD of athletes out there taking steroids or that steroids aren't a MAJOR part of sports for the past decade is looking through some pretty rose-colored glasses. There's probably, LITERALLY, a handful of athletes who would shock me if I found out they roided. People need to come off their high-horse (not that anyone here has said anything, this is just a generalization), about steroids. People act like somebody slapped their mother when an athlete admits to juicing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back