Carlito Disses Impact... Why?

jccool420

JC CooL 420
by Nick Paglino
Sep 18, 2010

Former WWE star Carlito posted the following on his Twitter account: "well, i didnt see anything that bad except 4 that Lacey VonErich. TNA has a pretty good roster. That generation me looks like mini Hardys! Oh also, that Abyss segment. how is anybody supposed to believe that? He's gonna show up next week after committing kidnapping and torture? Last time i checked that's at least a 25 year prison sentence! is the Orlando police just gonna let it slide and let the face handle it? Not picking on Abyss, i like him. I just hate angles u cant believe. Like when Hunter broke into Orton's house. I asked him if he was gonna b at mania? He asked why? I said u got arrested and they got everything on TV!..he didn't find it funny! oh well. And what about that idiot that stabbed Cena? oh, wait a minute...nevermind!"

He did make some good points... I didn't care much for the Abyss segment and I hate his "girl" because it's unrealistic to even think of him hitting someone with that thing... Much like Triple H's sledgehammer...

What do you think of his comments?

Do you think he is the guy Dixie signed? If he is, are his comments even more twitter/worked/shoots?

I don't think his comments where dissing TNA. He was talking bad about the stupid story lines in each company. How many times have you said to yourself or even posted on this forum that an angle was stupid and unbelievable? I am sure I have done it a few times.

I heard an interview with Carlito, he is not afraid to speak his mind. If he wanted to diss TNA he could say a lot worse.

show me where he dissed tna???
he said lacey was a waste of air time which is true
he said generation me are like miny hardyz which is true
he said abyss actions on tna were so pathetic they didnt even look real and it gives the audience the worng impression which is true

he is simply stating the fact that tna has some stupid storylines going but in general is on the rise

I did not see Carlito dissing TNA at any point, all I saw was him giving helpful criticisms and stating some flaus he sees in their storylines at the moment aswell as simply stating his opinion.

It's like how a big Star Wars fan can point out that it is stupid on the snow scene from number 4 Luke and company fly towards the star destroyers though they had infinite directions to go. It is not dissing the movie but pointing out some holes in the story but in this case it is Abyss's storylines which I also believe is very unbelievable. But I can also see how someone could consider it a diss.

I didn't think it was much of a diss either, he actually complimented the roster first of all, and the only things he mentioned that he didn't like includes the unrealistic Abyss segments (something I agree with, and I love TNA) as well as Lacey Von Erich (something I also agree with). He even included an example of WWE using an unrealistic storyline that he didn't like, maybe to show that he wasn't being biased. You don't have to enjoy every little aspect of the show to be entertained by it - I mean isn't that why fantasy booking exists? Because there are always things we would want to change.

And there's still a chance that he was the person Dixie signed IMO. There are some other certain members of the roster who have been way more critical of other members of the roster or TNA's direction as a whole. Even some people in WWE have been "diss"ing certain things about their own company on their twitters lately.

Really I don't think it is any indicator that he has/hasn't signed with TNA.

I really didn't think Carlito's comments were dissing TNA that much either. If he had wanted to post negativity about TNA and start listing of all of the things that are wrong about TNA at the moment, he could have put together a much lengthier list and have done so with much stronger language. I think this was just a guy at limbo in his career running his mouth for no particular reason.

I mean come on, Lacey may be gorgeous but she's absolutely awful in the ring. After last week's iMPACT, she should never wrestle in the ring again. Be a valet or a manager or something, but her performance last Thursday made the Bella twins look like the Fabulous Moolah. You cannot fault Carlito for being critical of that joke.

He said that he thinks TNA has a good roster. He compared GenME to the Hardys, which I would consider a compliment, especially to the Hardys of old more so than to the current fat versions of themselves.

The Abyss segment? I won't even go there. You cannot fault Carlito for criticizing that abomination. Even the most diehard TNA mark had to hate that segment, absolutely terrible.

This could be somewhat of a worked shoot, with Carlito getting ready to join TNA (possibly as part of the "they" angle) and he is just using twitter to set things up, TNA has been known to use the IWC, twitter etc., in such a manner in the past. Could also be the beginning of him becoming more critical of TNA in general, in a pathetic attempt to gain favour from his former employers (although probably not). Or it could just be a disgruntled former star shooting his mouth off for no reason whatsoever.

Personally, I fully expect to see Carlito on the TNA roster in the very near future, likely as soon as 10/10/10. This "dissing," if you can call it that, is likely just settiing the groundwork for it.

I like Carlito. I don't think he was "dissing" TNA per-say...but just pointing out terrible angles that have no sense of realism. I don't blame the guy. His father booked WWC (I think) so he probably knows SOMETHING about wrestling making sense. But then again it doesn't take a genius to see that Lacey is terrible, Gen Me are 1999 era Hardyz, and HHH shouldn't have made it to 'Mania. I like Carlito. If he goes to TNA I hope they don't drop the ball with him.

All I can remember thinking during that HHH/Orton home invasion sequence is the women popping out of everywhich direction, like Hogan's Alley. Too bad Orton's 'wife' was an actress there, because she would be the best wife ever.

As far as "dissing" TNA? Hardly. First, everyone that leaves WWE isn't immediately bound to TNA for their future. Rumors have Carlito joining them, but that's it at this point. (The first person that tells me about Pope's tweet 'confirming' it should smack themselves right in that sweet spot on the back of the head with the smark stick, HARD.) Second, the only people that could possibly see that as an insult are the die-hard TNA marks, the ones who can't admit to themselves even the worst of TNA's mistakes. (Yes, there are people who still think Lacey von Erich is a valuable asset, but most have at least the good sense not to admit that publicly.)

It's a couple of criticisms with major qualifications- that he didn't see anything bad, and that they have a good roster. But, these days on the internet, it seems that if you aren't 100% behind TNA until the eventual AJ Styles vs. Butterbean matchup, you're slamming TNA and are a WWE slave.

LOL WHY WOULDN'T HE DISS IMPACT? It's open fodder for criticism and derisive laughing and pointing anyway.

And as a previous poster put it, "Janice" is an insanely bad weapon to use, and he NEVER uses it anyway. But I don't think it should be compared with Triple H's sledgehammer, because he actually DOES use it---while covering the head with his hand.

Agreed with those not seeing the diss. He does diss Von Erich's wrestling but who hasn't? Even Hogan has. Other than that the only person he disses is HHH and/or unrealistic stories in prowrestling in general.

Why would he do this? Maybe to throw people off his probable signing. If some of what he says is a work then I'd say it points towards a "wwe-rejects" takeover, some interaction with Lacey or Russo being brought into an angle.

I don't think he dissed it.
I mean if he's a heel, his job is to get heat anyway. I would take it he is probably joining TNA if anything. I wonder if he can even use the name Carlito in WWE?

But I don't think he was dissing TNA, and if he was I think he dissed WWE(other wrestlers) and himself as well? I don't see it as a big deal.

If Carlito made those comments... he was just saying what is on all of our minds...

I mean, Abyss, come on when you brand someone, you shouldn't hear the branding iron hit the table. A meaty thump maybe but not metal on wood.
Lacey Von Eric is gorgeous, no doubt. But dear god, that match was an abortion. She spent most of the match making sure her boobies were still in her ill fitting outfit (maybe she forgot gear and had to wear Angelina or Velvet's). She is horrid in the ring and needs to be a valet.
And GenMe... GenMe= (Hardy's+MCMG)*.5
The Orton angle was unbeliveable.... but so is ALL OF PROWRESTLING. Vince MacMahon DIED a few years back.

Carlito was just saying his piece. Whether or not he has signed remains to be seen.

And, there you have it.

If you think wrestling is bad these days. Just imagine how badly it would of sucked during the WCW/WWF/ECW era. Thankfully there were no wrestling forums those days.

I dont think Carlito dissed Impact, it was just a mere criticism. He is going to TNA. They need someone like him with his mic skills.

I don't think he dissed it.
I mean if he's a heel, his job is to get heat anyway. I would take it he is probably joining TNA if anything. I wonder if he can even use the name Carlito in WWE?

But I don't think he was dissing TNA, and if he was I think he dissed WWE(other wrestlers) and himself as well? I don't see it as a big deal.

He would probably use Carlitos (which is A LOT more common than Carlito in hispanic countries). Or his previous ring name Carli, as I really doubt he would use his last name (Carli) Colón, for U.S. doesn't use accents making it Colon. Then he could team with Mr.Anders-hole.

A**hole and Colon for Tag team champs.

If that's a diss, I'd hate to see the guy in a rap battle. They were pretty accurate comments. Stuff a certain other Twitter user should listen to. I find the comments on Triple H very amusing too. He's right. Those kind of angles just don't help at all.

I don't think Carlito was dissing TNA he was just giving some of his thoughts on the product and I agree with what he said. Lacey is terrible in the ring, Gen Me are a young Hardy Boyz and the Abyss segment was awful. His comments were accurate and I don't think he was dissing TNA

He didn't diss TNA, he just told the truth. Lacey Von Erich is a waste of air time (she's still hot though) and Abyss's segment was stupid and unbelievable. Anyway what he said about GenMe was nothing but a compliment, he said that they are similar to one of the greatest tag teams ever.

Yeah it definitely wasn't a diss, just him poking fun at unrealistic stuff. At the end he even pokes fun at the whole Cena got stabbed storyline from WWE. Where Carlito's bodyguard Jesus "Aaron Aguilera" turned out to be the one who did it

Yes! Preach it Carlito!

See, Carlito isn't stupid like some people may make him out to be. I do not believe he was dissing TNA by any means. The man was simply telling the world how much he disliked unbeliavable angles. He has a good point, I mean, shouldn't alot of wrestlers be in jail if this was real life!? Triple H breaking into Orton's house, Stone Cold breaking in Brian Pillman's house with a gun, beating your boss to a pulp (talking about Mr. McMahon as the boss), and so much more. There have been so many crazy moments in wrestling that if it were real the wrestlers would be locked up.

I miss Carlito.

Seriously? You guys didn't like Abyss segment? Wow. Okay, well, I thought pro-wrestling was supposed to be a lot like a comic book: Wacky gimmicks, over-the-top storylines, good vs evil, right vs wrong... I don't want realistic. If I did, then I'd watch the WWE and it's shades of "I'm-a-bigger-bad-ass-than-you" so-called characters. But that makes for some really dull visuals, especially in a world that branded itself as entertainment.

I have no beef with Carlito's comments, as everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I am surprised to read that so many of you do not like some of the more amazing angles/promos.

To each their own, I guess...

Peace.

I didn't think it was much of a diss either, he actually complimented the roster first of all, and the only things he mentioned that he didn't like includes the unrealistic Abyss segments (something I agree with, and I love TNA) as well as Lacey Von Erich (something I also agree with).

I agree... I do not think that Carlito was "dissing" TNA... I beg to disagree with you (and him) about Lacey Von Erich... Lacey is easily one of (if not THE) hottest chicks to ever step foot into a wrestling ring... Who gives a flying fuck whether or not she can wrestle??? SHE IS SMOKING HOT!!! Unless you guys "play for the other team", how can you not get excited when you see Lacey???

Yes! Preach it Carlito!

See, Carlito isn't stupid like some people may make him out to be. I do not believe he was dissing TNA by any means. The man was simply telling the world how much he disliked unbeliavable angles. He has a good point, I mean, shouldn't alot of wrestlers be in jail if this was real life!? Triple H breaking into Orton's house, Stone Cold breaking in Brian Pillman's house with a gun, beating your boss to a pulp (talking about Mr. McMahon as the boss), and so much more. There have been so many crazy moments in wrestling that if it were real the wrestlers would be locked up.

I miss Carlito.

Well if you want to get technical, pretty much any run-in or backstage fight should get them at least a few days if not a month in county(last time I checked, it's illegal to hit somebody). And then how are they going to progress storylines to build matches and feuds? So we have to suspend belief of reality for the nature of the sport. I'll grant you, the knives in wrestling were a little too much (even in FMW where they used them in the ring) and also the sledgehammer is unbelievable (especially since he can't swing the sledge like how we would).

Seriously? You guys didn't like Abyss segment? Wow. Okay, well, I thought pro-wrestling was supposed to be a lot like a comic book: Wacky gimmicks, over-the-top storylines, good vs evil, right vs wrong... I don't want realistic. If I did, then I'd watch the WWE and it's shades of "I'm-a-bigger-bad-ass-than-you" so-called characters. But that makes for some really dull visuals, especially in a world that branded itself as entertainment.

I can see your point. Usually I do enjoy the non-realistic stuff, for example the Undertaker is one of the only people in WWE who entertains me. I'm just not a fan of the Abyss thing, I don't hate it or anything (it is MUCH better than the hall of fame ring crap they were doing!) but the segments Abyss are in kind of make me laugh. But if you enjoy them that's fine.

I agree... I do not think that Carlito was "dissing" TNA... I beg to disagree with you (and him) about Lacey Von Erich... Lacey is easily one of (if not THE) hottest chicks to ever step foot into a wrestling ring... Who gives a flying fuck whether or not she can wrestle??? SHE IS SMOKING HOT!!! Unless you guys "play for the other team", how can you not get excited when you see Lacey???

Thank you for responding to my post :) As for your thoughts on LVE... well, I'm a chick so her attractiveness does not really factor into how much I like watching her on TV. I don't see how you can fault anybody for not wanting to see her wrestle though, I mean she is obviously pretty, but that does not mean she has to wrestle. She can be a valet or something so she stays on TV but doesn't go in the ring, because when she wrestles it makes the entire company look bad. That's why I said I agreed with Carlito.

I really do hope Carlito ends up signing with TNA. It would be nice to see him in a company where he is not obviously miserable like he was his last few years in WWE

Thank you for responding to my post As for your thoughts on LVE... well, I'm a chick so her attractiveness does not really factor into how much I like watching her on TV. I don't see how you can fault anybody for not wanting to see her wrestle though, I mean she is obviously pretty, but that does not mean she has to wrestle. She can be a valet or something so she stays on TV but doesn't go in the ring, because when she wrestles it makes the entire company look bad. That's why I said I agreed with Carlito.

I really do hope Carlito ends up signing with TNA. It would be nice to see him in a company where he is not obviously miserable like he was his last few years in WWE

Wow, haven't actually seen too many girls on here... You might want to keep that to yourself, or else you'll have a bunch of creepy guys asking you out... lol... You might be on to something here with just have Lacey as a valet... In the ring she is not very good, but part of me thinks that that has also been her gimmick in TNA... Lacey being the "dumb blonde" who does stupid things in the ring (like her backflip into an elbow drop, wtf?) I believe to be part of her gimmick... I dunno, maybe I'm wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back