• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CANCER! would u want to know?...

My$terio_Fan

I can do whatever I want
There has been some controversy about this in the last couple of months, and I dont know how I feel about it.

Anyways scientists are trying to be able to map at people's DNA. This would allow them to " accuarately predict" certain medical conditions people may have or may obtain by tracking your DNA. They can see if you are at high risks for different types of cancers, diabiaties, heart disease, ect. This is different from people having higher risks becuase of their family tree, scientist could actually pin point if your going to have certain disease in the future. Of course they wouldn't be able to note certain cancers that could develope because of certain conditions(smoking, chemicals, pollution, ect). So in one hand it could be a good thing because it could help you try to prevent these conditions or get early treatment which could make it easier when you do require these conditions. On the other would you want to live your life knowing you were going to require something that could be fatal? For me it would always be on my mind and I may not be able to enjoy life, knowing what battle lay a head.

So if scientists could actually do this, would you want to know?

Yes I would. I think it is a great thing to know, and its a great thing for people to put funding towards. I would love to know so I would know that I could live my life to the fullest. Also I would like to know when it would come on so I would be prepared and be ready to fight it. I'm not afraid of dying because it is something we all do. I would just rather know if I had cancer so I could enjoy every aspect of life and try and fight it if at all possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back