Canadian Region, Vancouver Subregion, 3rd Round (3) Victoria vs (15) Madison Eagles

Who wins this match up?

• Victoria

• Madison Eagles

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a third round match in the Canadian region. It is an Embarrassment Match. It will be held at the BC Place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

22-Open-Center-of-New-BC-Place-Retractable-Fabric-Roof-Design-20111.jpg

7661894492_872d145b10.jpg

#3 Victoria

VS.

D2L_0261-1.jpg

#15 Madison Eagles

This is an Embarrassment Match. The winner must pin her opponent with her opponent's finisher.

Victoria's finisher: Widow's Peak [Gory Neckbreaker]

Madison Eagles finisher: Hell Bound [Death Valley Driver onto the knee]

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

Tough match. Both pretty equal in terms of talent and strength. I believe both women have the ability to lift the other and perform their opponents' signature. Both moves are absolutely devastating and would get the other pinned for a three... so talking about who can perform what is an invalid argument. This comes to outside factors.

Victoria has accomplished more in the mainstream wresting scene than Madison Eagles and she's also embarrassed more people than she's been embarrassed. Remember her match against Molly Holly @ Wrestlemania when she shaved Holly's head? Or when she released a live spider on an unsuspecting victim in TNA? Victoria knows how to embarrass someone and as much as it hurts for me to say it, I don't think Madison can combat the veteran.

My heart says Madison Eagles due to bias but my head says Victoria due to fact.

---------------------------

IN SAYING ALL THAT:

I don't think the winner matters though because facing either Martel or Moolah is going to knock them out of the competition. So, I recommend voting for whoever has the best chance against those two giants.

I don't think the winner matters though because facing either Martel or Moolah is going to knock them out of the competition. So, I recommend voting for whoever has the best chance against those two giants.

Your assessment makes sense considering who the next opponent will be. Due to my lack of knowledge in regards to Madison, my vote will have to go to Victoria. The accolades have been mentioned throughout, but I will say that she is an all-around athlete that was superb in the ring. I think she could give either Moolah or Sherri a run for their money.

It's got to be Victoria/Tara again in this one. She's embarrased multiple opponents over her career, and unlike alot of divas, has the strength to easily perform Madison Eagles finisher with devastating force. Victoria's Widows Peak move is a brutal move, but quite difficult to set up, meaning she has a small advantage there in my opinion.

I'm never going to vote against Victoria, but I think her experience in major matches that involve embarassing your rival makes her the favourite in this one. She'd give Moolah a run for her money also.

What to be said that hasn't been said - both of these gals are tough and strong. And either is capable of embarrassing the other. This would be a hard hitting match, but this is the type of mate game bout that favors a decorated veteran like Victoria. In an example of classic booking I could see Victoria winning after a long, hard back and forth match. Victoria has the better resume, and she was a big star for a lot longer period of time, and has had notable matches with a much wider variety of opponents.

Madison Eagles would fight the tough fight, but I don't think she could get the W here, even if Victoria has to hit the Hell Bound twice.

Vote Victoria

I've given Madison the nod in both rounds thus far and still find it very impressive that someone who has never been involved with TNA, the WWe or a major Japanese or Mexican federation has topped the PWI Women's poll... but Victoria/ Tara was a major player in the WWe when Women's wrestling meant something and went on to be a cornerstone in the Knockouts division.

I have to give the edge to an excellent mainstream wrestler over the excellent indie wrestler. Vote Naitch's lady!

Without shortchanging Ms. Varon, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and support the indie girl here.

Even with National exposure, Tara never cracked the top-4 of the PWI Female 50, while Madison has the honor of being the only woman to ever top that list who never had even as much as a cup of coffee as either a "Diva" or a "Knockout".

Also even with 9 world title reigns across TNA and WWE, Tara's total time with those belts only amounts to(a still very impressive) 466 days. Madison's one run as Shimmer champion topped that 9-reign total of Tara's on its own, coming in at 539 days.

And even without having the big company experience, Madison competed against the best and has defeated a list of top competition that very well may outdo Tara's. She won her Shimmer belt by ending MsChif's two year domination of that division, and Eagles went on to defend that belt successfully against MsChif, Cheerleader Melissa, Hamada, Ayumi Kurihara, Mercedes Martinez, Hiroya Matsumoto, and Serena Deeb amongst others. She also owns wins against the likes of Sara Del Rey, Mia Yim, Athena, and Jessicka Havok.

To have accomplished what Eagles has without national television recognizability of any kind is highly commendable and she has the track record, ability, and accolades to be considered as a player in this race.

Without shortchanging Ms. Varon, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and support the indie girl here.

Counter argument...

Even with National exposure, Tara never cracked the top-4 of the PWI Female 50, while Madison has the honor of being the only woman to ever top that list who never had even as much as a cup of coffee as either a "Diva" or a "Knockout".

Slightly misleading, Madison has appeared in the top ten of the PWI50 ONCE in the 7 years it has run, Tara appears in it FOUR of the six years she was active.

Also even with 9 world title reigns across TNA and WWE, Tara's total time with those belts only amounts to(a still very impressive) 466 days. Madison's one run as Shimmer champion topped that 9-reign total of Tara's on its own, coming in at 539 days.

More slight of hand, in those 539 days - Madison had 9 successful defenses. Victoria had 7 successful televised defenses in her first 133 day WWe Title reign and a further 6 successful televised defenses in her second 111 day reign.

And even without having the big company experience, Madison competed against the best and has defeated a list of top competition that very well may outdo Tara's. She won her Shimmer belt by ending MsChif's two year domination of that division, and Eagles went on to defend that belt successfully against MsChif, Cheerleader Melissa, Hamada, Ayumi Kurihara, Mercedes Martinez, Hiroya Matsumoto, and Serena Deeb amongst others. She also owns wins against the likes of Sara Del Rey, Mia Yim, Athena, and Jessicka Havok.

Hmmm... Trish Stratus, Molly Holly, Mickie James, Michelle McCool, Gail Kim, Torrie Wilson, Velvet Sky, Jazz, Jackie Moore, Madison Rayne, Angelina Love, Kelly Kelly, ODB, Candice Michelle, Brooke, Ivory, Lita, Katie Lea, Sarah Stock, Melina, Daffney, Jillian Hall, Natalya, Taylor Wilde, Awesome Kong, Hamada, Cheerleader Melissa, Mercedes Martinez, Mia Kim and Ivelisse Velez all have one thing in common - they've been defeated by Victoria.

To have accomplished what Eagles has without national television recognizability of any kind is highly commendable and she has the track record, ability, and accolades to be considered as a player in this race.

Extremely impressive accomplishments... but Victoria still trumps them.

Slightly misleading, Madison has appeared in the top ten of the PWI50 ONCE in the 7 years it has run, Tara appears in it FOUR of the six years she was active.
But she never finished number one. Just saying.

More slight of hand, in those 539 days - Madison had 9 successful defenses. Victoria had 7 successful televised defenses in her first 133 day WWe Title reign and a further 6 successful televised defenses in her second 111 day reign.
Not sure about those Victoria title defense numbers, she had a lot of victories during those runs, but most were non-title matches. I'm only confident about four or five of those wins were title defenses.

Hmmm... Trish Stratus, Molly Holly, Mickie James, Michelle McCool, Gail Kim, Torrie Wilson, Velvet Sky, Jazz, Jackie Moore, Madison Rayne, Angelina Love, Kelly Kelly, ODB, Candice Michelle, Brooke, Ivory, Lita, Katie Lea, Sarah Stock, Melina, Daffney, Jillian Hall, Natalya, Taylor Wilde, Awesome Kong, Hamada, Cheerleader Melissa, Mercedes Martinez, Mia Kim and Ivelisse Velez all have one thing in common - they've been defeated by Victoria.

Impressive list no doubt, except for the ones who are bolded, who despite notoriety couldn't wrestle their way out of a paper bag. I could've listed another handful of Women that Eagles has defeated that are far more talented than the bolded women you mentioned, but likely no one would give a fuck due to their less name-worthiness.

But she never finished number one. Just saying.

But she did display more consistency.

Not sure about those Victoria title defense numbers, she had a lot of victories during those runs, but most were non-title matches. I'm only confident about four or five of those wins were title defenses.

Aw man... I was going to bed!
Reign one - 133 days, 6 televised title defenses (one was incorrectly described as a title defense)
http://www.wrestleview.com/news/1037678883.shtml
http://www.wrestleview.com/news/1038284644.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon_%282002%29#Results
http://www.wrestleview.com/news/1042517288.shtml
http://www.wrestleview.com/news/1043728379.shtml
[DM]x2kb67[/DM]

Reign two - 111 days, 5 televised defenses...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WrestleMania_XX#Results
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backlash_(2004)#Results
http://www.wrestleview.com/results/raw/raw2004/1082431532.shtml
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/results/raw/040524.php
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/results/raw/040607.php

So while two of the 13 defenses actually turned out to be non-title (I'll cross reference in future), Victoria did make 11 successful TV defenses in her 244 days as WWe Women's Champion > 9 defenses in 539 days.

Impressive list no doubt, except for the ones who are bolded, who despite notoriety couldn't wrestle their way out of a paper bag. I could've listed another handful of Women that Eagles has defeated that are far more talented than the bolded women you mentioned, but likely no one would give a fuck due to their less name-worthiness.

I agree heartily that some of those names are less than stellar... but they've (rightly or wrongly - I'd say wrongly in many cases) made the 64 meaning that they had enough support from the WZ members to deserve mention.

Now, it's 1:40am over here and I've to be up at 6 so please excuse me. :zzzz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back