Who wins this match up?

• Victoria

• Cheerleader Melissa

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a second round match in the Canadian region. It is a standard wrestling match. It will be held at the BC Place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

22-Open-Center-of-New-BC-Place-Retractable-Fabric-Roof-Design-20111.jpg

victoriaimage2.jpg

#3 Victoria

VS.

Cheerleader-melissa-shimmer-champ-263x300.jpg

#6 Cheerleader Melissa

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

Whoa... now this one is a massive dilemma. One of the greatest Divas AND Knockouts of all time versus (in my eyes) the number one Indie wrestler of this millennium.

At the moment I'm inclined to give Tara the edge because Naitch'd never forgive me but I am a massive fan of Melissa... whoa!

Whoa... now this one is a massive dilemma. One of the greatest Divas AND Knockouts of all time versus (in my eyes) the number one Indie wrestler of this millennium.

At the moment I'm inclined to give Tara the edge because Naitch'd never forgive me but I am a massive fan of Melissa... whoa!
In reality, the book is still being written on Melissa. Ms. Varon is currently busy whipping up burgers, drinks and wrestling stories at her Squared Circle Restaurant in Chicago.

However, at this point in time, I am inclined to give it to Melissa. She has won straps in Japan, the US, and wherever else she went. She was honored by PWI as the #1 female wrestler in the World. She was honored twice by the Cauliflower Alley Club, was in the ChickFight Finals four times, winning two, and won the ChickFight TransAtlantic strap. So well respected in wrestling that she is now President (non kayfabe) of Japan's World Wonder Ring Stardom's American Branch. She is the one coordinating the foreigners into Stardom's cards.

Victoria/Tara's biggest claim to fame was winning the KOs strap five times, making her the best wrestler in arguably the best women's division in wrestling. She beat Angelina Love twice, ODB twice and Miss Tessmacher for her final run. However, she has also crossed over elsewhere: Her accomplishments in professional fitness is off the chain. She has her Fitness Card that she earned from the International Federation of Professional Bodybuilders, and won ESPN's Fitness America in 1997

If you look at the entire body of work, you will see that Victoria/Tara's is basically published. Melissa's book is still being written. However, with her honors and worldwide accolades, basically doing well everywhere she went, compared to being in companies where you are wrestling the same people daily, it is a far harder accomplishment to do as well as Melissa has done in the Indies. Though I thoroughly appreciate Ms. Varon's contribution in the world or Professional Wrestling, my choice is Cheerleader Melissa. Vote for her.

Biased vote yet again (starting to be my claim to fame), but I have to go with Tara/Victoria. Much like in the last round I tend to go by the body of work and how long the competitor has been in the game. This is no knock against Melissa, but you learn towards the devil you know. Considering both her TNA and WWE runs, Tara should win, but I suspect this will be close.

Really tough decision for me here. Victoria was pretty damn good in the WWE & her wins in the KO division at TNA are also impressive considering that is one thing TNA certainly gets right. She is one of my favorites for sure.

Melissa has won titles in more places than Victoria & holds a victory over some of the best names in the last decade. Her record against those opponents & accolades in wrestling are nothing to scoff at just because they are not widely televised like WWE\TNA, etc. She kicks ass in places where her division is not just an afterthought or filled with athletic models.

Unfortunately, Victoria has a winning record against Melissa & that does give her the leg up here. If we were going on pure accomplishments Melissa may certainly have the edge, but this is a match based tournament above all else & Victoria holds the cards in that category. Definitely a solid match, but Victoria comes out on top.

Whoah, my woman has a fight on her hands in this one. Very tough second round match here and it would be a great match to watch!

Cheerleader Melissa has a huge list of accomplishments from all over the world, she's a top quality performer and has beaten pretty much anyone of note on the indie circuit over the last decade. Definitely someone who deserves to be at the top of the business.

But Victoria/Tara has also proven to be a huge success wherever she's been, both in wrestling and fitness. Shehas beaten Melissa before which is important to take into consideration here. Victoria is a 7x World Champion, being a top star in the Knockouts Division when the competition was at its finest, and defeated both Trish Stratus and Molly Holly for the WWF Womens Title, both of whom are top competitors. She's got the strength, toughness, experience and skill to take down Melissa in this one.

Vote Victoria/Tara

When it comes to women on the indie scene, Cheerleader Melissa is arguably the top wrestler and has been the top wrestler for a long time. I find it a bit ironic that she never really amounted to much in TNA.

Tara/Victoria is a good example of some of the strong female competitors who've come through WWE over the past 15 years or so, yet was ultimately treated as primarily *********ion fodder like most of the Divas. She had two long runs in WWE as the WWE Women's Champion but the problem is that the Divas have never been massively relevant. They're generally more relevant know overall, which is an improvement, but they never really counted during Victoria's/Tara's day. She also found success in TNA as a 5 time Knockouts Champion, where the women have been treated with far greater relevance overall than in WWE.

The fact that Victoria/Tara achieved success in the two top companies and is genuinely strong inside the ring can't be ignored. I think Melissa is the overall better personality and is far better on the mic, but I have to give it to Victoria/Tara on the whole. She's just the bigger star, has made more of an impact and can hold her own inside the ring with any woman in the tournament.

I feel like this vote is going to lend itself a lot to personal preference.

Both women are great wrestlers with incredible resumes. The only glaring difference being that one has dominated on the Indy/International scene, while the other has dominated on the national scene.

I'm going to lean toward Melissa due to my opinion that she has had more great matches in her career and has more victories against elite competition, but I can't fault anyone for favoring Tara due to familiarity and success in a greater spotlight.

Also, if any promoter wants to book this match, I'd definitely slap a few bucks down to watch it.

I'll go with Victoria, she's had more success in the big companies and even now she could probably still kick someones ass and put on a great match.

This would be a great match though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back