Canadian Region, Vancouver Subregion, 1st Round (6) Cheerleader Melissa vs (11) ODB

Who wins this match up?

• Cheerleader Melissa

• ODB

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a first round match in the Canadian region. It is a standard wrestling match. It will be held at the BC Place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

22-Open-Center-of-New-BC-Place-Retractable-Fabric-Roof-Design-20111.jpg

cheerleader-melissa.jpg

#6 Cheerleader Melissa

VS.

odb-34.jpg

#11 ODB

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

This was the hardest 1st round match for me to call. I like both of these women equally. Melissa has always been one of my favorite journeywomen. She's a phenomenal talent and one of the best female wrestlers of the modern era. She's been successful everywhere she's worked. In SHIMMER where's she been the longest reigning champion ever, in All Pro Wrestling, she's won 2 Chickfight tournaments, was named the best women's wrestler in the world by PWI in 2013, and had a great run as Raiesha Saeed in TNA. The only promotion that she's never been apart of was the WWE, which was a poor decision of there's not to hire her when they had the chance. With Del Rey now with WWE and Kong back in TNA, Melissa is easily the best wrestler not to be apart of a major promotion.

That being said hooooooooly crap was OBD allot of fun in TNA. As either a heel or face. She's just so good at playing her role. I remember in an interview the Kurt Angle gave at one point putting over ODB and few other women as being bigger draws than him. And if that were true then it would be a fair assessment to say that she was more popular than the likes of Sting and Styles too. Even for a short time that's a huge achievement.

I think I'm going to go with ODB just for the sake of the tournament. She's more well known than Melissa, and has had greater successes in the "upper echelon" promotions. Really for women wrestlers, after 2007, SHIMMER is up there as an elite place [well beyond what ROH is for men] but the Knockouts division has been the best division in the world for years with both the WWE and AJW divisions tanking in comparison to what they once were. And for that reason ODB will probably go further.

I know very little of Melissa as I've never seen her compete in the ring. That's the primary reason that my vote goes to ODB. The girl was great in my eyes during the stints I've seen her in with TNA. She's a brawler, but had a decent move set as well, not to mention she was charismatic.

This is a tough one. ODB is good in the ring, entertaining as all hell, and she was probably in the top Women's group in the US. Melissa is one of the best ring generals in the World, period. Very few on this part of the planet has her resume. The fact that she is not in the E means that another female wrestler is not being "Divafied", in that she is being destroyed for "optics" reasons.

Melissa over ODB in 14:40

Had we discussed this matchup at the end of 2010, ODB would get the nod.

At that time ODB had enjoyed multiple reigns as TNA KOs champ, and had defeated Melissa(wrestling in TNA as Raisha Saeed) multiple times in tag action and in their only one-on-one encounter ever.

But in the four years since, Cheerleader Melissa has gone on to become arguably the greatest Women's wrestler in the world(an argument further strengthened by the semi retirement of Sara Del Rey). She is the only two time world champion in Shimmer history and has held that title for more days than any other woman, with her two reigns amounting to two years.

Melissa was ranked number one in the PWI Female 50 in 2013, and hasn't ranked outside the top 6 of that list in any year since 2009. ODB has never ranked higher than 14th on the PWI Female 50.

Cheerleader Melissa takes this one.

I'm gonna give my vote to Melissa. I think she's the better wrestler of the two and despite not seeing much of her matches, I've never liked ODB and always thought she was overrated. All she does is grab her boobs, grab her crotch, drink from the flask and hit her finisher. Oh and moves done with her boobs or crotch.

ODB had some solid matches in TNA & other than that I never really paid attention to her. This may be one of those times that I have to throw out W\L record against the opponent in favor of accomplishments.

Cheerleader Melissa is a badass chick. Her title reign in Shimmer alone is a big deal & she has done very well for herself the last few years. Waaaay better than people remember from her stint in TNA. She takes this one IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back