Who wins this match up?

• Sable

• Ivory

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a first round match in the Canadian region. It is a standard wrestling match. It will be held at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Big-O2.jpg

tumblr_ltwjug1LNh1qm4eqa.jpg

#8 Sable

VS.

wwf-ivory.jpg

#9 Ivory

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

This is a little tricky, but I'm going with Ivory based on her longer body of work. I don't remember much about Sable's matches except maybe her powerbomb. Ivory on the other hand went up against the entire women's division during the Attitude Era, and had been women's champ numerous times. If I recall she even defeated Chyna for strap when she was in Right To Censor. Ivory gets the nod here.

I'm gonna disagree and go with Sable. She was super popular and had plenty of charisma... she just couldn't work very well. Ivory on the other hand was a great worker, but she just didn't have the charisma or popularity that Sable had. But it is close and I'm sure the votes will probably reflect that.

Plus Sable has powerbombed Marc Mero about a million times which is something I've always found amusing...

[youtube]VBF0II5PVHo[/youtube]

Nothing says "I'm being buried" quite like the Sablebomb. Even HHH's shovel can't compete.

Too bad these two were not seeded lower. Sable's marriage to Marc Mero is what really made her. As with the powerbomb video: Come on! Marc was her husband. It is not like he was NOT going to sell for her. Ivory was better than Sable in working ability, strength, skill and at least she can control a match better than Sable could. In this matchup, never mind who can get more of the crowd. On the basis of work, Ivory gets the nod.

Ivory was better in every way when it comes to ring work & accomplishments. Sable will be remembered for a shitty relationship w\ Mero, acting like a stripper & being taken by Lesnar as his caveman bride. I have no doubt that he likely clubbed her & grunted the word 'Mine.' as he dragged her off. Or he had Heyman prepare a statement while he stood by & made creepy eyes at her. Either way, we are getting off topic.

Ivory kicked some ass. She had some good matches back then & I remember Ivory always being pretty solid. She was a talented wrestler during a time when Divas were all about tits & mud wrestling. Ivory could go in a traditional match & even mix it up in an extreme match if needed. Her matches during her RTC run were better than what she did previously IMO & 3 title wins in WWF > 1.

Sorry Sable, you cant grind your way out of this one. Ivory to the second round.

I think I'm more of a purist when it comes to the women's tournament. On the men's side everyone is a strong worker and you can't really go all that wrong with match quality moving any guy forward. But on the women's side that is not necessarily the case. Especially here, as a promoter it seems logical to want to move the Playboy model in the PVC catsuit forward but really I don't trust that she is going to give me a good match. Most likely everyone finishes (if you know what i mean) and falls asleep during Sable's walk down the aisle but I can't count on that.

Ivory, or GLOW's Tina Ferrari was great at everything. She was incredibly sexy in her GLOW days giving young GSB an early crush. When she popped back up on WWE programming years later I continued to be impressed and turned on by her performances. The RTC time was a little bit rough but it was supposed to be since she wasn't suppose to be out there making people love her.

Ivory, great performer. Sable, we tolerated because she was hot and willing to pose naked.

GSB posted what I was gonna say.

Tina Ferrari > anything Sable's done in wrestling, including powerbombing Johnny B. Badd.

Seriously, Ivory is vastly underseeded in this tournament and would be a dark horse to make it far in this thing.

Sable has the bigger legacy. She was over like crazy in the Attitude Era and definitely an important part of the success of WWE in that period. But that was because she was incredibly hot, not due to any form of wrestling ability- although she did have a decent powerbomb and a top rope hurrancanrana.

This is a tournament to see who'd beat who in the ring, and for that reason I am voting for Ivory. Very good performer, better than Sable on the mic and a multi-time Women's Champion. I really enjoyed her in the ring, she deserves this win.

Yes, Sable had the larger legacy and was over in a bigger way, but it was due to her looks, not in-ring ability. I remember her then-husband Marc Mero jumping in the air to make her Sable Bomb appear as a real maneuver, but in the scheme of things, Sable was like Torrie Wilson; a model who posed as a wrestler.

Meanwhile, Ivory was good. Even with all that "GLOW" experience, she was developing her own ring repertoire and I was disappointed they let her go, especially since it seemed apparent the only reason they did was because she was getting on in years. Women get the short end of the stick in that regard, but looks are the name of the game for the gals in pro wrestling.

For purposes of this tournament, I'm going to presume we're looking at how an actual wrestling match would be conducted, not who looks sexier in their underwear. Given that premise, Ivory wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back