Canadian Region, Montreal Subregion, 1st Round (4) Penny Banner vs (13) Sexy Star

Who wins this match up?

• Penny Banner

• Sexy Star

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernkastel

Reaper of Miracles
This is a first round match in the Canadian region. It is a standard wrestling match. It will be held at the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Big-O2.jpg

pennybanner3.jpg

#4 Penny Banner

VS.

hqdefault.jpg

#13 Sexy Star

There will be 1 day of discussion before the poll opens. It will remain open for 2 days. Spam rules will apply. In case of a tie the winner will be decided based upon how many people have made a case for them in the discussion thread. One per each poster.

Who wins the match up?

I don't know much of anything about Sexy Star aside from the fact that she has a fantastic ass. Looked her up on Wikipedia and she's one of AAA's top women's wrestlers. Great and all, but she's up against Penny Banner, who was one of the most well known superstars of the 50's and 60's. To give an idea of how popular she was Elvis Presley idolized her and actually went out of his way to meet her. They went on several dates and she became a household name. She was also a popular pin up model and had a large [obvious] following.

She worked numerous matches with June Byers during her heyday, and when Byers no showed match in the AWA [which had just started at the time] Banner was chosen as the inaugural champion. She was a popular champion in the midwest and held the AWA women's belt for 3 years, along with regional belts from Canada and Texas before making the decision to move to North Carolina for prosperity reasons. She vacated the titles and was never defeated for any of them. In fact she spent most of her 23 year career rarely ever losing, with June Byers being the only woman of note to have continuously beat her. Even a prime Moolah could not defeat a past prime Banner without cheating...

She made further history as the first woman to wrestle tag matches in key cities in the midwest, and she was the first white woman to wrestle a black woman. She opened allot of doors for women in the US and she she did so with style, grace, and allot of sexiness.

Even if I were an expert on Sexy Star I'd have to concede to someone like Penny Banner... who should get the easy win.

This is a case where two women are seeded above their weight. Sexy Star only became known with Lucha Underground. However, she is a two-time Queen of Queens Champion, AAA's highest belt for women. Penny Banner lucked into the AWA Women's strap when June Byers no-showed. Eventually, it was politics that forced Banner to retire, as Moolah's charges would not wrestle her.

In this match, the book is still being written on Sexy Star. Banner's have been completed. As of RIGHT NOW, I would say Banner barely beating out Star. In a year or two, I can easily see that changing. But, RIGHT NOW, Banner gets the edge.

Holy fuck look at that picutre....is Penny Banner Kaitlyn's mom? Or Grandmother?

Sexy Star is great star for AAA and one of the banner carriers for LU, but can't stand up to one of the fore...mothers? Yea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back