• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can TNA Get Anybody from ROH?

That Don Guy

Occasional Pre-Show
I have heard that ROH's last day on HDNet will be April 4, and they have no replacement TV deal set up. Does this open the door for anybody from ROH to switch to TNA? (Would, say, Christopher Daniels even want back in at TNA? Why did he leave, anyway?)

-- Don

Daniels is already back with TNA (albeit under a mask).

ROH having no TV deal is no clear-cut indication that they're willing to allow their own talent to up and walk on contracts to perform with competition.

Daniels is allowed to perform because he's performing in TNA as Suicide, not as Christopher Daniels.

Yes, like It's Damn Real! said, Daniels signed to TNA under another character that is under a mask. It has nothing to do with ROH or ROH's tv deal. It doesn't effect his ROH status either where he is signed to be as himself. Daniels is basically under contract to 2 wrestling companies at the same time. Pretty cool when you think of it.

TNA recently tried out El Generico one of ROHs biggest stars and somebody who has a MASSIVE following in the indies. He joins up he can bring a lot to the X-Division in the coming years. As far as its major stars; I don't see the Kings of Wrestling,Roderick Strong,Kevin Steen,Davey Richards,The Briscoes or the All Night Express leaving ROH for TNA anytime soon. Colt Cabana is the only name I could see in the future, considering he doesn't have much left to prove.

While not having a TV outlet may tempt some of the talent to go to TNA, that doesn't mean they have to leave ROH. They've worked together in the past and after some heavy relation problems they seem to be working together now again as shown by the deal with Chris Daniels. They're already working deals with El Generico and a few other ROH guys. It's not a bad idea to have a close relation with them. TNA is looking for X Division talent and ROH is going to be needing exposure if the deal ends.

Generico would be a smart deal, but I think he would be VASTLY under used. Not too mention I doubt he could actually use the Generico name, since Tyler Black can't actually use "Tyler Black". But as far as Daniels already being in TNA as Suicide, I think it's kinda stupid, the game wasn't good anyways, and let him be Chris Daniels. He was extremely good in his feuds with Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, and if you could put him in a team of some sort as maybe a mentor of some sort, I think he'd be a great "pick up". But as far as signing any other talent besides Generico or "Daniels", the only guys I could see them picking up is The Briscoes. Will they sign them though? I doubt it, and it's probably the best thing for The Briscoes.

I think TNA and ROH should join forces like NWA and the UWF did back in the day, share their talents and put on some of the best matches we would see now a days, they've had a working relationship before letting talent go back and forth but now work together and help get each company more viewers.

I think this could be a good opportunity for an invasion angle, only this time... Done well!!! The ROH/CZW was brilliantly done, but there was no mainstream, worldwide TV exposure, this is where TNA has the upper hand. There are plenty of wrestlers in ROH who could bring all kinds to TNA, then there's the possibilty of double crossing with guys like Joe & Generation/The Young Bucks, & teasing a double cross with folks like Alex Shelley. The potential for this could be awesome, the only downside would be that TNA's writers would have to be involved, as whilst the way feuds in ROH are handled, e.g. Steen/Generico > Brilliantly, feuds in TNA are a mixed bag at best

It's not out of the question but there'd have to be some tangible reason as to why they should go to TNA. From a financial point of view, most of them would probably make as much money in ROH as they would working for TNA. The vast majority of the TNA roster isn't making $3,000 per appearance like Ken Anderson is or upwards of at least $500,000 a year like Kurt Angle, nor would anyone that they bring in from ROH.

I might be mistaken here but doesn't ROH also allow its wrestlers to go out and supplement their income by working the indy circuit? I read an article several months back that stated it's virtually impossible to do that in TNA anymore. According to the report, a promoter has to get in touch with Dixie Carter in order to talk about booking some of their talent but that it's almost impossible these days as that TNA has become notorious for not returning calls. The article also said that TNA charges a rather large fee to other companies for loaning out their stars. The exact amount wasn't specified in the article but the fee was said to be "unreasonable".

As has been said Daniels is back in TNA but he's technically wrestling as a completely different character in Suicide. But that's no guarantee whatsoever that he won't get lost in the schuffle and buried somewhere in the mid-card/under-card scene. If that can happen to Christopher Daniels, it can happen to probably anyone else on the ROH roster. El Generico was given a try out in TNA a month or so ago and, from what I understand, nothing has come of it. Kevin Steen said in a statement yesterday that TNA makes him nauseous, so don't expect to see him there.

I've never seen RHO, didn't even know they were on TV. I've never heard of any of the wrestlers, other than Daniels who I didn't even know was in RHO.
if they are not going to be on TV, they aren't going to be much.
could RHO join together with TNA? seeing that TNA is already on TV, I assume together they would still be called TNA. maybe it could be like when WCW/ECW first came into the WWE.
the roster would be bigger, but also the quality of talent would be better. I often see people saying that RHO wrestlers can actual wrestle. no idea myself since I've never seen them.
maybe they could start it off with an invasion angle. although you KNOW WWE fans are going to say they are copying, but how else would you have a new large group coming in all at the same time?
I think TNA and RHO joining together would only be better for both companies. it would increase the talent level and the viewers who each now watch one or the other. I don't think either one of them alone are going to come close to the level of WWE, even if that's what TNA has been shooting for themselves.

After Steen's comments about TNA, I don't think he's in a hurry to go there.

What did Steen say? I have always rated him as a good talent, his moveset is pretty spectacular and he moves really well for a pretty big guy.

I would enjoy seeing Steen in TNA at some point, or The Kings of Wrestling or The Briscoes

It's not out of the question but there'd have to be some tangible reason as to why they should go to TNA. From a financial point of view, most of them would probably make as much money in ROH as they would working for TNA. The vast majority of the TNA roster isn't making $3,000 per appearance like Ken Anderson is or upwards of at least $500,000 a year like Kurt Angle, nor would anyone that they bring in from ROH.

I might be mistaken here but doesn't ROH also allow its wrestlers to go out and supplement their income by working the indy circuit? I read an article several months back that stated it's virtually impossible to do that in TNA anymore. According to the report, a promoter has to get in touch with Dixie Carter in order to talk about booking some of their talent but that it's almost impossible these days as that TNA has become notorious for not returning calls. The article also said that TNA charges a rather large fee to other companies for loaning out their stars. The exact amount wasn't specified in the article but the fee was said to be "unreasonable".

As has been said Daniels is back in TNA but he's technically wrestling as a completely different character in Suicide. But that's no guarantee whatsoever that he won't get lost in the schuffle and buried somewhere in the mid-card/under-card scene. If that can happen to Christopher Daniels, it can happen to probably anyone else on the ROH roster. El Generico was given a try out in TNA a month or so ago and, from what I understand, nothing has come of it. Kevin Steen said in a statement yesterday that TNA makes him nauseous, so don't expect to see him there.

Those wrestlers would make more money in TNA because their earnings wouldn't just be from their contracts. TNA has a deal with Jakks and has a much larger audience who could buy their merchandise. I know ROH has merchandise, but TNA plugs it better with Don West at every house show and overall it just gets marketed better. Arguably TNA has a bigger fan base over seas then in the states and that helps out tremendously. Now with no TV deal how do you get the casual fan to buy in to the product? You can't and then no wrestler can make any money because of it.

What did Steen say? I have always rated him as a good talent, his moveset is pretty spectacular and he moves really well for a pretty big guy.

I would enjoy seeing Steen in TNA at some point, or The Kings of Wrestling or The Briscoes

I don't have the link and don't remember everything he said, but he said something like watching TNA wrestling made him physically nauseous.
I think he went on to say something like he doesn't expect TNA to be interested him now, and that he wasn't the type of wrestler that WWE would be looking for.
the article can probably be found on google.

I think this could be a good opportunity for an invasion angle, only this time... Done well!!! The ROH/CZW was brilliantly done, but there was no mainstream, worldwide TV exposure, this is where TNA has the upper hand. There are plenty of wrestlers in ROH who could bring all kinds to TNA, then there's the possibilty of double crossing with guys like Joe & Generation/The Young Bucks, & teasing a double cross with folks like Alex Shelley. The potential for this could be awesome, the only downside would be that TNA's writers would have to be involved, as whilst the way feuds in ROH are handled, e.g. Steen/Generico > Brilliantly, feuds in TNA are a mixed bag at best

TNA has too many of those invasion storylines and they all suck....well not invasion but the whole group A vs. group B.....been done death in TNA and not one single of those storylines were good.

I'm going to throw this out there and maybe I'm wrong.

TNA could get anyone from ROH if they wanted them.

I have been watching ROH since they have been on HDnet and have been to several ROH shows. Honestly TNA is a step up from ROH. TNA can pay better money (if they want to) and provide exposure on a national and international level. Now sure, the wrestling in ROH is second to none. They have spectacular matches on a weekly basis and their shows aren't drowning in ridiculous storylines. But, TNA can provide exposure, recognition, fame.

Unless ROH lands a bigger TV deal, a ROH wrestler would be foolish to turn down a deal from TNA.

Daniels is expected to return as himself once his ROH contract expires. Kurt Angle still wants Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin to join. I think it will happen eventually.

He said "Watching TNA has made me physically nauseous" because obviously somebody is putting a gun to his head to watch it.

I really want to see the American Wolves in TNA. Especially Davey Richards, that dude is legit. I think they would be a great addition to TNA's tag team division.

Does anyone know if ROH trademarks names?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back