• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Stephanie and Hunter Do Better then vince?

Fuel The Fire

Getting Noticed By Management
I'm thinking that when Vince retires it will be stephanie and trips.

My guess on how there going to run the company is that stephanie is going to play the linda mcmahon type character and Trips will play the Vince type character.

The Question is though, can Hunter and Stephanie do better then Vince and Linda, Just as good or worse?

I'm thinking that if Triple H is in charge like Vince, then I can see more of the attitude area type stuff coming back.

But regardless this should be an interesting topic as Stephanie and Triple H will have some big shoes to fill..
Can they do it?

Well with regards to corporate strategy and the like (ie PG Rating) I think Vince will retain control of this until the day he dies, which could be 25 years from now.

In the next 5 years or so he may remove himself from the road and hand over the reigns to his daughter and her husband but I don't feel much will change.

Stephanie is already heavily involved with creative (she may be head of creative?) and HHH is already on the booking commitee I believe and he certainly acts as a locker room leader.

With regards to whether or not they would do any better than Vince is hard to say and there would be a number of variables to consider. The strength and depth of the talent roster is going to make or break any wrestling organisation and the abilities of the bookers and writers will be vital as well.

My hope would be that they accept outside ideas, and move away from the 'audience of one' management that perhaps the current Chairman is guilty of at times.

My guess on how there going to run the company is that stephanie is going to play the linda mcmahon type character and Trips will play the Vince type character.

Thinking such a way is foolish. Yes, Trips gets the wrestling game, but as it pertains to doing business, and keeping his company floating from an econominc perspective, you never want to trust a talent to be the owner. If you're speaking from an on character perspective, then I can see what you're saying, but there's no way Triple H is prepared to take on the economic side of owning a multi-million dollar company. There's plenty of matters in which Trips is not ready for; booking events, planning appearences for wrestlers, reowrking deals with wrestlers, as well as the television companies that run their shows, and most importantly, dealing with big wig advertisers. The sponders of Burger King and the other typical WWE sponser will have a field day with Triple H, pretty much playing on his lack of understanding of the economic structure.

That said, you best believe that Triple H is going to have plenty of advisors to oversee the business facet of his company. Hell, he'll probably accept the help of as many people as possible. Triple H, while not exactly a "corporate" kind of guy, isn't an idiot; clearly he sees how Vince is running himself into the ground, all in the name of not accepting help from anyone. Triple h has often said Vince can use a vacation, but never does, and he doesn't understand why. Triple H sees more than anyone, probably, how much the stress has adversely affected McMahon. And if Triple H is smart, he's not going to want to wind up like that. He'll pass on the business facet of his corporation to Stephanie, and allow himself to run everything on camera. He won't become exactly what Ric Flair was for WCW from 1989-1991, but he'll be pretty near close. He can oversee the talent, and probably only the talent, while Stephanie handles all economic matters.

As to how they'll do; Luckily, they don't have to change much, really. Vince has done enough by himself to make sure the WWE will survive quite a while after he's gone. He's set up a new core audience of fans for when he finally decides to retire, and has made the WWE a niche market in the mainstream media. Unless Triple H and Stephanie are royal fuck ups, they real;ly can't do that bad. Triple H has a smart for the business, and while Stephanie is unproven dealing with business itself, and seems more comfortable working with talent, I feel she can make the transition smoothly. We won't have a fantastic boom era immeditely, but it will be a significant imporvement, allowing two relatively young people to take over the company, and not have one man, who refuses to accept advice, behind the wheel. Trips and Steph will be just fine. They have a set system going, and as long as they don't toy with it, the WWE will have just good enough business.

As the above poster said,there is no way in hell that HHH someday fills Vince's shoes.

First of all , He is NOT a business guy.He has been a wrestler for the biggedt part of his life and I'm sure if he knew something about economics and everything related to money , he would add some money making aspects to his HHH character in order to become FACE of company which i believe he never has been.

The future i see for trips is to become head of creative team.I think he is the ideal choice for WWE Creative team.He knows wrestling , he has shown he can be funny and he has proved he can tell stories.

But who will become the No.1 guy after Vince retires or dies?I'm afraid i wanna say NOBODY. I Think the way WWE is managed by VKM is unique and can't be done by many people.I know there are a lot of businessmen out there ho are able to handle even a bigger company but they won't work in wrestling.

Why?Because Vince has done everything.He is in charge of financial stuff , wrestling stuff and ... .Everything is under his control.From the sentences Michael Cole use in his job to price of John Cena's T-shirt.I don't think there will be a guy who can handle all of this.

Mark my words , Wrestling & Especially WWE will never be the same after Vince McMahon quits.

I think when Vinnie Mac decides to step back and let Steph and HHH take a more prominent role, I actually see an improvement in the product coming. The reason being, Vince is a very single minded individual. He will put something on Tv that he finds funny/thinks is going to work great but will take advice from very few people. Case in point, Nathan Jones. Vince signed him for his body type(you know Vince and his big muscular meatheads) and even though Ross and company said he needed more time in developmental Vince made the call to bring him up and BOOM. He was awful and they released him. If he would of listened, Nathan Jones probably still would of busted out but at least they would of had a better chance of him succeeding.
When Steph and HHH take over I actually see them taking more of a feel from people about how things may or may not work. I would expect if they keep JR under contract long enough, that he will be one of the people they lean on the most. I would also expect something crazy to happen, like maybe Shane rejoining the company. He is very well liked in the back by the boys and also knows how to run the business very well. If that were to happen I would think Steph and Shane would run the company and HHH would take over the role that John Lauranitits(Jonny Ace) has currently, and that is the main talent evaluator. Ace is a complete idiot, and as a wrestler I think HHH would have a better grasp of what kind of character would work as opposed to what wouldn't. I also think that he would be somebody that the boys/girls in the back could go to and get constructive criticism about their character/performance, which is something I've heard John L. is very reluctant to do. So I don't really see any problems for the WWE when Vince leaves, but I think it will be at least another 5-10 years before he even considers it.

Well I think they can most definately do better than Vince has in recent years. His PG idea is awful and if anyone would go back to Attitude type stuff out of the McMahon family I believe Stephanie would because Shane is much more reserved. I also believe Triple H will help to make the product more edgy and less family friendly since he came to prominence for his work in the Attitude era himself.

Stephanie has always been the one most like Vince out of all his family. If you watched the McMahon DVD there was a part on it where they discuss where she had to slap Linda. Triple H says that Stephanie was really conflicted about doing it etc, but still she did it for the show. Shane says he was supposed to do the same thing but refused. And throughout the DVD you see that he hasn't taken part in a lot of the suggested angles. This is just one example of how Stephanie will put on a much more edgy product.

I also think having Triple H would be good because he will be able to put a different kind of experience into the job. He knows what is the most fun to do and what is best for the fans to watch having been there in the Attitude era, post Attitude era and PG era (we all know which was the best). But the thing is, if Sheamus is anything to go by, he doesn't know how to spot talent.

The main thing I can hope for with Stephanie and Triple H is that they will bring back more Attitude type stuff or atleast stop with all the PG crap.

Well..

3 of the best wrestling minds (Jim Cornette, Paul Heyman, Michael Hayes) have been reported as hating working with Stephanie. Rumors have it that she is just as crooked as the Klique is. Not going to say anything because I'm not backstage during the meeting.

If it's true than I hope not. Vince will be working until the day he dies, I guarantee that. You never know, after 5-10 years Shane might be back and he'll more than likely take the reigns before Stephanie simply because that way the name is still McMahon. The thing is though, Does shane want it?

Yea, I don't think that Hunter will be able to fill the shoes of Vince on the whole business part of it. I'm sure Vince will find someone that he can trust to keep his wonderful creation going. As for Hunter, I think he would make an unbelievably good head of creative team. I'm sure he can find some help in Stephanie and hes old buddy Shawn Michaels. I think he will come back when Hunter retires, to help him run creative. I think those three people can work very well together and create a better product we see today sometime down the road.(long time)

Thinking such a way is foolish. Yes, Trips gets the wrestling game, but as it pertains to doing business, and keeping his company floating from an econominc perspective, you never want to trust a talent to be the owner. If you're speaking from an on character perspective, then I can see what you're saying, but there's no way Triple H is prepared to take on the economic side of owning a multi-million dollar company. There's plenty of matters in which Trips is not ready for; booking events, planning appearences for wrestlers, reowrking deals with wrestlers, as well as the television companies that run their shows, and most importantly, dealing with big wig advertisers. The sponders of Burger King and the other typical WWE sponser will have a field day with Triple H, pretty much playing on his lack of understanding of the economic structure.

That said, you best believe that Triple H is going to have plenty of advisors to oversee the business facet of his company. Hell, he'll probably accept the help of as many people as possible. Triple H, while not exactly a "corporate" kind of guy, isn't an idiot; clearly he sees how Vince is running himself into the ground, all in the name of not accepting help from anyone. Triple h has often said Vince can use a vacation, but never does, and he doesn't understand why. Triple H sees more than anyone, probably, how much the stress has adversely affected McMahon. And if Triple H is smart, he's not going to want to wind up like that. He'll pass on the business facet of his corporation to Stephanie, and allow himself to run everything on camera. He won't become exactly what Ric Flair was for WCW from 1989-1991, but he'll be pretty near close. He can oversee the talent, and probably only the talent, while Stephanie handles all economic matters.

As to how they'll do; Luckily, they don't have to change much, really. Vince has done enough by himself to make sure the WWE will survive quite a while after he's gone. He's set up a new core audience of fans for when he finally decides to retire, and has made the WWE a niche market in the mainstream media. Unless Triple H and Stephanie are royal fuck ups, they real;ly can't do that bad. Triple H has a smart for the business, and while Stephanie is unproven dealing with business itself, and seems more comfortable working with talent, I feel she can make the transition smoothly. We won't have a fantastic boom era immeditely, but it will be a significant imporvement, allowing two relatively young people to take over the company, and not have one man, who refuses to accept advice, behind the wheel. Trips and Steph will be just fine. They have a set system going, and as long as they don't toy with it, the WWE will have just good enough business.

Do you really think Vince does all of that? WWE (like any large company) has a board of directors, each director has his/her own management team and those managers have assistants and its those members of staff that do all of the day to day stuff.

day to day business stuff probably see's Vince read reports from various depts within the company and then manages his directors (I.E. If advertising revenue is down he will work with the marketing director in to ways of turning things around).

Obviously the wrestling industry is a bit different to the vending industry to Vince might have a bit more to do with the booking and TV side of things but corp. wise the work is done by the directors and their management teams that vince oversees.

P.S. I could be wrong as i'm comparing the work the chairman of the multi-national wrestling company does to the managing director of a multi national vending company

I THINK THEY CAN ACTUALLY DO IT.I THINK TRIPLE H WOULD NEVER RETIRE THE WAY SHWAN HAS RETIRE.MAYBE IN A YEAR OR TWO HE WILL TURN HEAL AND WILL BE PROMOTED AS THE THE BOSS.THEN HE WILL FEUD WITH THE WRESTLERS WHO R THE FACE OF THE COMPANY MUCH LIKE VINCE HAD DONE.BUT THE THING IS THAT HUNTER CAN ACTUALLY WRESTLE UNLIKE VINCE WHICH MAKES HIM BETTER THAN VINCE.MANY WILL SAY THAT HUNTER JUST DONT HAVE THE ATTITUDE LIKE VINCE HAD HAD.BUT DONT FORGET HUNTER IS ONE OF THE BEST HEALS OF ALL TIME.AND WHO KNOWS MAYBE THERE WOULD BE A FEUD BETWEEN STEPH AND HUNTER IN THE STORYLINE WITH BOTH BEING BOSSES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back