• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Jericho Help Ziggler reach the next level?

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
As teased tonight, Jericho will work with Dolph Ziggler now, Dolph confronted Jericho with the fact that he hasnt won any important matches since he came back and that he is all hype, Jericho responded with a codebreaker to shut up Ziggler.

Assuming their upcoming feud ends in a match between them at summerslam, can jericho prepare ziggler for his reach for the world heavyweight title, and give him the legitimacy he needs to be a proper world champion? do you want to see this match/program happen?

I believe Jericho CAN help ziggler, yes it is obvious his star power has diminish with so many consecutive losses and it would have been a bigger match if this would have happened after jerichos program with punk but ziggler is bigger than back in the spring so its balanced now. no matter wins or losses Jericho is still a legend and one of the biggest legends in the history of this business, and a victory for ziggler over jericho at the second biggest show of the year would be a positive in the way for a proper title reign!

Discuss.....

It seems Y2J is going to put yet another guy over during his return. I think Ziggler is the perfect guy to go over though. It would be a legitimate opponent for Dolph to defeat and would definitely make him look strong heading into the WHC picture. I only hope it's a clean victory. I'm sick of heels only being able to get cheap victories.

I'm hoping he doesn't cash in on Sheamus since Sheamus is boring, but it would be awesome if he went over Y2J and cashed in the same night at SS.

On-screen, no. Beating Jericho at this point has become redundant and a standard. Jericho hasn't done anything to help himself since his return, and frankly, that hurts his ability to help anyone else. I understand he wants to help put the young guys over, but nobody got over beating the Brooklyn Brawler or Glacier.

On-screen, no. Beating Jericho at this point has become redundant and a standard. Jericho hasn't done anything to help himself since his return, and frankly, that hurts his ability to help anyone else. I understand he wants to help put the young guys over, but nobody got over beating the Brooklyn Brawler or Glacier.

Lets hold up here for a second. I can see by your sig that you are not a fan of the current WWE, but you need to stay realistic here. I get that Jericho has had a less than stellar return. Pretty much everything Ziggler said on Raw tonight has been true since he came back, but comparing Chris Jericho to The Brooklyn Brawler and Glacier is a bit much even for someone who does not like the WWE. Maybe the point of his return was to put some guys over, and Jericho has done enough in his career that a few losses will not take his ability away to put one over. Jericho can most definitely help Ziggler get to that top level, and he could do that just in the ring alone. Imagine how much he can help Ziggler in the promos department. Granted WWE dropped the ball on Jericho a bit this time, but he still has what it takes to help out the young guys. To me this is just what Ziggler needs.

No offense, but this is the stupidest thing I have read in a long time. Beating Chris Jericho, kayfabe wise, is still a big deal. He came back because he wanted to put people over and that is what he is doing. Jericho still gets a huge response when he comes out and he is still respected by the non-Internet fans. Getting a win over Chris Jericho still means something. Comparing him to the Brawler or Glacier is hyperbole at its finest.

you cant be exactly comparing jericho to brooklyn brawler right? jericho is at a point in his career where losing high profile, main event matches on regualr basis means nothing. As well he is not being "fed" or litterally job to ppl. Hes still come out strong at the end.

The guy is certified legit top guy who is still relevant in the modern wrestling and will be regarded as one of the all time great. If jericho is not the guy to help ziggler go over than i dont know who can.

Maybe Jericho can help if he's any good at throwing his voice...

I have only caught trace amounts of wrasslin since February, but I'm pretty sure Ziggles is getting worse at promos. It makes you wonder why he'd even have a microphone in his hand...

Best case scenerio, Chris Jerko & Ziggles put on Match of the Year and Dolph gets the only Slammy worth a damn. Other than that, I don't think there is a "next level" for Dolph Ziggles right now. He's nowhere near ready for the World Heavyweight Championship.

If us fans are lucky, Jerko will be enough a distraction to keep Ziggles away from the title until they get it off Sheamus. My ears would bleed listening to "The Showoff" bickering with Face Sheamus.

Yes. Jericho was on top of his game tonight and didn't even have to say anything. Ziggler's promo/interaction with Jericho was top notch as well. Ziggler needs some build heading towards his cash-in and a run against Jericho will do just that. I was drooling at the prospect of this feud as I watched what unfolded on RAW tonight and it's only going to get better. While this may be a stretch, I have this feud projected to be the next HBK/Jericho 'Mania XIX.

Lets not forget, although Jericho has not won a significant match like Ziggler has claimed in a long time, he has taken CM Punk and Sheamus to the limit in singles matches. Jericho put up an amazing match against Sheamus on Smackdown and that proves that he can stand his ground against stronger opponents, not to mention the World Heavyweight Champion. Y2J is still a huge main event star and yes, a win over him will definitely put Ziggler over and will make him a legitimate threat to the World Title.

Yes. I think Ziggler just needs one more high profile feud to push him to the top, and I think Jericho is just the guy to do it. He's a bonafide star, and it's not like he's been losing to the likes of Santino Marella. He's been in main event after main event, and losing to guys like John Cena and Big Show. That's not Brooklyn Brawler level if you ask me. Ziggler's promo on Jericho this week was good, and I think the interactions between the two would be great. The match would be a MOTY candidate in my opinion if everything went right. I just think this feud could be good for everyone involved.

Yes, I definitely think that Jericho feuding with Ziggler bring him up to another level.

It doesn't matter if Jericho loses 1000 matches in a row, he's still Chris fucking Jericho and he's still one of the best ever.

A guy like Chris doesn't have to put guys over, he wants to. That's what makes him awesome.

He reminds me a lot of Terry Funk in ECW.

Instead of clinging to his "spot" or holding guys down. He looks at guys and says "I could really put him over", "I can have great matches with that guy", and "That guy's the future, I should do something to help him out".

Chris Jericho is what you want guys over 40 to be like in the wrestling business.

Hell, his last stint in the WWE, he put Evan Bourne over on PPV!

I was hoping he'd hold off on the face turn for a little longer, so that he could take the I-C or U.S. Title and feud with someone like Tyson Kidd.

I think Jericho can make a guy like him a star with just one match.

Being that he turned face right now, he's s got a plethora of guys to work with. Ziggler, Rhodes, Bryan, Miz, etc.

Jericho can help make Ziggler look good, but at this point I don't think he can make him a star.

Jericho has simply lost too much in the last 6 months. If they waited a month or two and let Jericho get a big win over Big Show, Del Rio, Mysterio, Orton, etc. then I think Jericho could put Ziggler over pretty solid.

Ziggler bringing up Jericho's losing streak seems like a bad decision. If Ziggler wins, he beat a guy who always loses. If Ziggler loses, he lost to a guy who never wins.

It doesn't matter how many times Jericho has lost this year, he is still remembered for being the record-setting, multi-time Intercontinental Champion, and person who unified the WWF and WCW world titles. Dolph Ziggler will be going over that Jericho in the eyes of the masses, and not the losing streak Fozzy singer that we've seen more recently.

Of course, the whole set-up reeks of Jericho becoming a face again, trying to reclaim his former glory, so he can bow out of the business gracefully, but ultimately Dolph will (and should) win what will no doubt be an incredibly entertaining feud, and no matter how many more losses Y2J will be faced with this year, his reputation as one of the best will not be tarnished.

You're an idiot. Jericho has always lost most of his matches, while maintaining his credibility. This is the same guy that lost to JTG and Slater, and still won world titles after. He's been losing to put guy over, and he has nothing to gain at this point in his career. This is what Ziggler needs. To be properly put over by an established, bonafide main eventer. Hopefully this isn't screwed up, be cause this feud writes itse;f.

Depends on how they do this this could be a really good feud for Ziggler for the rest of the Summer. I loved how they built it up as if Jericho was going to come in the ring and own Ziggler yet it was the other way around. Hopefully WWE creative doesnt screw this up but I'm betting that they will now they just have to add the storyline of Ziggler,Y2J fighting for Vickie's love before getting married 4 months down the road

Its not about Winning, its not about loosing the matches that as we all know are pre determned anyways.

Its not about having a title as its a prop and that is all it is.

It is about one thing that so many FAIL to do in that ring and that tell a belivable story in the ring and getting the fans emotionally invested in the match. To do so without doing high spots in todays fan is a tallent and people like Jericho, Punk, DBD, and yes even Mr. Ziggles have that ability.

However out of those four only one really and truely SUCK on the mic. Jericho taking Zig under his wing and doing a program will help him learn to be a better worker on the mic. Say what you want about Zig but the guy does have in ring tallent and Jerico can take both in ring and promos for Zig to another level.

Jericho has stated numerous times since his return he is all about helping out the youger guys. Fozzy is his main gig as well as VH1 when he isnt doing anything he likes to come back and help the younger tallent and put them over.

But as Jericho says time and time again the Idoiots With Computers will never be satisfyed and actually think its a real fight.

Honestly i don't have anything against both but do feel that Jericho is jobbing overdrive. Ziggler is jobbing too. But Ziggler winning over Jericho now would not elevate him as much so IMO Jericho should go over him first Ziggler should fight back and win ultimately in 3rd attempt

Jericho has simply lost too much in the last 6 months. If they waited a month or two and let Jericho get a big win over Big Show, Del Rio, Mysterio, Orton, etc. then I think Jericho could put Ziggler over pretty solid.

Ziggler bringing up Jericho's losing streak seems like a bad decision. If Ziggler wins, he beat a guy who always loses. If Ziggler loses, he lost to a guy who never wins.

This pretty much hit the nail on the head. I like Ziggler -- though, if you read my earlier posts, I make it pretty clear that I think he oversells too much --- and I've been a Jericho fan going back to WCW. But this is the cardinal sin with promos. You can't bury your opponent to the point that a win doesn't matter or to the point that a loss is crushing. As this guy brings up, a win against Jericho is par for the course - everyone beats Jericho. But a loss is catastrophic. If Jericho never wins, and he beats you, what does that say about you?

While I don't see this feud catapulting Ziggler into a star, it is a HUGE step forward for him. Ziggler has been floundering since being an afterthought in the WWE Title match with Punk at the Rumble. I say afterthought because that match was more about Laurinaitis/Punk than Ziggler. Because of that, I'd go so far as to say he has been floundering since dropping the US Title to Ryder in December.

Can you name one feud he's been in since December? Sure, he's been all over the TV, but he appears to be thrown on the card just because he can make people look good through his (over)selling. Feuding with Jericho finally gives Dolph a real purpose each week, a direction. Adding the feud to his briefcase makes Dolph more relevant right now than he has been at any point in a long time. Relevancy is a pretty important thing ... (duh).

Furthermore, if he's willing to listen, I'm sure he can learn a lot from Jericho. Few people in the world have more experience than he does. His in-ring work -- though not as flashy as it was 15 years ago -- is still great. His psychology remains superb as to do the majority of his promos.

Jericho might not be able to lift Ziggler into a top draw, but he can certainly help him get there. Ziggler is going to need to soak in everything he can from him during this program.

Jericho is my 2nd all-time favorite singles wrestler but even I can see that the way he has been used since his return is so completely awful that it means almost nothing to defeat him now. Even as a hypothetical 7-12 year old, I would've been able to go into this feud expecting Jericho to lose. So maybe they could finally give Y2J a legitimate victory at a PPV and then have Ziggler overcome Jericho sometime later at the end of the angle.

He needs to be built back up as a truly talented winner in such a way. That's the only possibility I could see Jericho in which he successfully puts over Ziggler.

Yes.

Jericho has, for a while now, seemed like a good bridge to helping Ziggler further establish himself and to get over as a face, since the crowd is backing him anyway. Of course, for it to work to maximum effect, Jericho has to redeem himself. Maybe they just spend four weeks between pay-per-views having him chalk up victories -- I don't know -- but he needs to establish himself as the old Jericho, not the fly by night guy stopping into town to put young guys over. Because at the moment, I don't think beating Chris Jericho adds a whole lot. It's like beating Ric Flair. Yeah, you beat a guy named Ric Flair, but you didn't beat Ric Flair, you know?

Had a thought about what they could do to amend last night's "burial" by Ziggler.

Jericho comes out next week and insults Vicky. Imagine him going a little old school and referring to Vicky as a "Disgusting, Dirty, Filthy, Ugly, two dollar, bottom-feeding, trashbag hoe." This sends Vicky into a rage and she puts her foot in her mouth by saying that Dolph will avenge her for that insult by putting up his MITB briefcase against Jericho tonight. Later in the night, Jericho wins the briefcase.

This gives Jericho that "big" victory that Dolph says has alluded him since his return. It also causes a huge riff between Ziggler and Vicky. Vicky could then file an injunction with the Board of Directors, claiming that Ziggler won the MITB match and that his opportunity is non-transferable. Yes, this goes against precedence since Mr. Kennedy lost his MITB contract a few years ago - but the Board of Directors could make a statement to prevent Jericho from cashing in while the Board deliberates. Before an official decision is delivered, Jericho could tell Ziggler to quit his whining, that if he wants the match so bad, he'll challenge him to a ladder match at SummerSlam for the briefcase.

Ziggler would go on to win the match at SummerSlam and reclaim the briefcase. Thoughts?

I think this will definitely elevate ziggler to the next level,IMO he's already there but this will also help,y2j and dolph are both tweeners atm both getting face and heel pops from the crowd,so hopefully this steals the show at summerslam!

Chris Jericho loses to Dolph Ziggler. Dolph Ziggler gets elevated. Dolph Ziggler beats Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship. Awesome, but predictable. Yes, Chris Jericho can help Dolph Ziggler with veteran experience, but a win over Jericho is only just another win and nothing more.

It's not that Chris Jericho needs to win anything. It's that he should win something. It's cool that he's putting over everyone left and right, but these days it makes me wonder if he can beat anyone. I know, I know, it's all booked and this is all scripted, but it's seriously convincing that he can't beat anyone anymore. Look at how many times everyone he has faced has been able to kick out of the Codebreaker. When was the last time he made someone submit to the Walls of Jericho? Dolph Ziggler's promo was excellent in raising the points about Chris Jericho having lost his touch, 'cause he has except in his mic skills and in-ring psychology. All I hear are people talking about how Chris Jericho has nothing to prove and how he can lose every single match and it doesn't matter 'cause he's still Jericho. What does that mean? Of course he's still Jericho. But, what he's done in the past is in the past. What can he do now besides lose? If Jericho himself hasn't won any significant matches since his return, then why does it mean anything if anyone beats him today?

Last nights Dolph promo, although extremely flawed in my opinion. Still shows that Dolph no longer needs Vicky....if anything she is now starting to become a burden to him.
The MITB win and this new feud with Jericho could be the thing that gets Ziggler to kick her to the curb.

Jericho Vs Ziggler would be a fantastic Feud...problem is who is the Face? I would go for Jericho, even though Ziggler would make a great face, I think he needs a HEEL title run before he switches to face and becomes a regular mainstay in the WWE Main event (hopefully).

All in all....YES Jericho Vs Dolph Ziggler in a long term Feud, could be the very thing that sends Dolph to the top.

when i seen this start to unfold on raw i INSTANTLY thought Jericho/HBK.. You know how they say that that feud should be a textbook, well use it. As much as we see recycled material, i think its been long enough to recycle it, except Jericho as HBK and Ziggler as Jericho. Have them go back and forth, both winning, Ziggler injuring jericho and so on... Plus you can put the textbook theory to the test...

as far as the losses are concerned, they can always say that Jericho was too busy with Fozzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back