Can Extreme Rules one of the Best PPV's of the Year

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
So the question is the thread title. I am going to attempt to answer if this PPV can be one of the best by proiding sevral arguments I have for it. Clearly it would not be better than Mania, Summerslam, or the Rumble, possibly Elimination Chamber but I think it can be up there on that list.

Firstly the concept and timing of the PPV is perfect. Every or most match under some sort of extreme rules stipulation. Even better is it is directly after Wrestlemania so any feuds that carry over are put on this card. So now not only do you have the hype for the matches but you also can make the matches in an original way. Generally we get a pretty sloid card for this PPV and it generally is a very good PPV. Below is the card for the PPV last year and certain things I want to point out on the card will be in a different color than the normal text color.

World Heavyweight Champion Jack Swagger vs. Randy Orton (Extreme Rules Match)

WWE Champion John Cena vs. Batista (Last Man Standing Match)

Edge vs. Chris Jericho (Steel Cage Match)

Triple H vs. Sheamus (Street Fight)

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk (If Punk loses, his head gets shaved)

Women’s Champion Michelle McCool vs. Beth Phoenix (Extreme Makeover Match)
JTG vs. Shad Gaspard (Strap Match)

Starting off with the stipulations. This last PPV card we had an Extreme Rules Match, a Last Man Standing, a Steel Cage Match, a Street Fight, a Hair Match, Extreme Makeover match, and a Strap Match. Now you can't say that this card isn't interesting. It is rare to get all those stipulations on one card and yet every year Extreme Rules does. They make it very interesting to watch and we get to see matches that we don't normally see. The stipulations alone should scream "Buy me." This is the one PPV where stuff goes down and it usually goes down in very interesting ways.

Next the feuds are built perfectly. You get loads of feuds being carried over. It already has the hype and the buildup, and this is a way to make these feuds even better. You have big names going at it and it is surely going to be great. We had Cena-Batista, Edge-Jericho, Sheamus-Triple H. A lot of big name stars in big matches. Yet another reason why Extreme Rules is so good.

Next I want to talk about the quality of matches. The matches at Extreme Rules are typically top notch. Don't believe me watch this video for extra proof.

[YOUTUBE]r9luV7NeasA[/YOUTUBE]

Wait..can Extreme rules what? This thread reminds me of "i accidentally the whole thing"

^ lol

Since nobody knows why theyre actually here,il just say that Extreme Rules really should be a highlight of action and basically a return to the attitude era (sort of) for a one-off.

But it all seems so diluted under the PG rating.I dont even hate PG,but its pointless going extreme under PG.Think about it.

"WWE Extreme Rules: Theres no rules,but the parents are watching"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back