• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Buy Or Sell #3: We will see at least one first time World Champion this year

Ziirox

Pre-Show Stalwart
Alright, kids. If you've ever watched PTI (Pardon the Interruption), a sports talk show on ESPN, you already know how to play. If not, the rules are simple. If you agree with the statement, you "buy" it. If you disagree, you "sell" it. You need to explain why you bought or sold the statement.

We're already five months into the new year and we've had two different WWE World Champions. Those two being Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan. Now, I fully expect Daniel Bryan to hold onto this title until at least SummerSlam, but beyond that, I'm not entirely sure who will have it. As far as possible contenders go we have Randy Orton, Batista, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, and we should never count the possibility of John Cena entering the picture somehow. All these men are former World Champions. So, my question to all of you is: Do you think we'll have a first time World Champion this year?

I'm SELLING.

As much as I love certain performers respective chances to become World Champion like Cesaro, Wade "Bad News" Barrett, Big E, Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, Cody Rhodes, and Yoshi Tatsu (just kidding), I don't believe it will happen this year. After Daniel Bryan, I fully expect Brock Lesnar or Batista to dethrone Daniel Bryan and hold onto the title until they decide to give it back to DB.

So, what are your thoughts?

I have to go with Sell on this one. I'm not saying that Daniel Bryan will be champion for the rest of 2014, but it's also far from impossible that he won't be either.

Before anyone goes on some sort of anti-Bryan rant or pro-Bryan love fest, let's just put one indisputable fact on the table: Daniel Bryan is crazy over right now. Most fans love the guy, they're interested in what he's involved in, he's among the best in-ring wrestlers in the world, his segments draw extremely well on Raw & SD! and he's a top merchandise seller for the company. Fact of the matter is that Daniel Bryan is money right now and there aren't any potential first time World Champions on the roster that's ready for that spot. Whether it be any member of The Shield, Cesaro, Big E, Cody Rhodes, Bray Wyatt or Bad News Barrett; they're just not ready. All that taken into account, then barring some major screw up on Bryan's part behind the scenes, I can't think of any genuinely logical reason to take the title from him. The Shield have yet to really show themselves as singles players, especially Roman Reigns and fast tracking any of them to the title could blow up management's collective face. Cesaro's only really just started getting a singles push, Bad News Barrett has only now started to crawl out of the bottomless abyss he's been confined to since WM season last year, Cody Rhodes looks to be headed into the long awaited program with his brother Goldust, Bray Wyatt's still in the midst of a feud with John Cena & the outcome of it might very well affect how some people see him as a long term top heel.

Off the top of my head, the only two guys I could see Bryan dropping the title to between now the end of this year in which fans MIGHT not crucify WWE management would be Brock Lesnar or CM Punk. Some people want to see Lesnar win the title just so he can ultimately drop it to someone come WrestleMania XXXI, with either Bryan himself or Roman Reigns being the names I've seen mentioned the most. being the ones I see talked about the most. If Brock Lesnar is the one to dethrone Bryan, I don't expect it to happen until the Royal Rumble so that Lesnar goes into WrestleMania season as the champ. Even still, that's no guarantee that a lot of fans wouldn't crap all over it, nor that it wouldn't result in a sort of lackluster interest similar to what we saw with Cena vs. Rock II unless Lesnar's opponent is was someone that's crazy over and still fresh in the eyes of fans. As for CM Punk, it's also not as cut and dry as it may have been a month or two ago. The opinions of a fair number of people seem to have changed where Punk's concerned including fans and, allegedly, most of the WWE locker room not necessarily because he left but because of the way he left. There's also no guarantee that WWE would want him to come back, at least as far as some officials are concerned IF the reports are true. After all, ratings haven't tanked and interest hasn't fallen since Punk's walk out.

I'm going to buy this one solely because of the upcoming Money in the Bank PPV. My choice is Bray Wyatt. Much like Bryan is over, there is no denying that Bray is incredibly over right now as well. Bray wins the MITB with some help from a new disciple in the match then cashes in that same night after the Wyatt Family destroy Cena who I feel will beat Bryan for the title that night which will allow Bray to pick up the win. Summerslam will then be a triple threat between Bray/Cena/Bryan with the storyline being whether cena or bryan will join the family.

I'm selling. If you open this thread this time next year, I would probably be buying (there might even be a newly crowned first time champion by then). Back to your question, I think the chances are pretty slim. These new talents aren't ready, they needed more in-ring time. Would you entrust the belt to someone who has not be tried and tested thoroughly in singles matches? I won't. There's a slim chance that it might work (if WWE knows their talents well)... but there's greater likelihood of it turning into a disaster.

I'm selling. There just seems to be NO ROOM for a 1st time WHC to happen this year. It's too early to even expect such a thing. After Daniel just winning it in WM30 and how his rise to the top needs to be portrayed in an orderly fashion. History needs to be written for him. As far as I'm concerned, the only potential challengers he'll be having this year will be from former champs like Batista, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Triple H or Brock Lesnar. As far as the Money In The Bank PPV goes ...

I think former WHC Dolph Ziggler deserves to win it.

BUY BUY BUY I am buying this. I recently watch Daniel Bryan promo on Smackdown......ROFL that is the world champion.....Andre the Giant had better mic skills.
I am sure all the moronic Bryan Marks are saying something else but go listen to it again.....Listen to the WEAK as all hell promo he cut and the limpness of the YES clowns. It used to be every time you heard yes yes yes it sounded like it was the whole stadium and 1/2 the city was chanting.....Smackdown sounded like a Houston Texans football game.....What their word fans?

Well you bitches got your wish Daniel Bryan got his push, now that he is in the spot light we get to see how bad he really is......Drink to up fans because his time is limited and will not be champion by October....YOU READ IT HERE FIRST!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back