Bush re-unite

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
http://rockitoutblog.com/2010/06/21/listen-bush-afterlife/

Gavin Rossdale and crew ave released a new song called “Afterlife” and you should go check it out. Is it as dark as their classics like “Machinehead” or “Glycerine”? No sir but it is a catchy tune that will get stuck in your head for at least a day.

Rossdale made an appearance on KROQ in Los Angeles and announced that Bush would also be releasing a brand new album later this October called Everything Always Now. There are also rumors that they’ll be touring this fall and they’re already scheduled to appear at this year’s Epicenter festival in California. The 90’s just keep on comin’ back.

Bush was one of those bands that always had a CD in my musical rotation growing up, and even now I still listen to them rather often – I even followed Gavin's side projects when the band split up (Institute and solo work), so naturally I'm excited about the potential for this new album.

As noted in the article, "Afterlife" isn't nearly as grungy or as dark as some of their classic hits from the 90's, but the song itself is very catchy.

Thoughts?

Should be good man, Bush never really did anything in the UK compared to their US success, but I would definitely try and catch them if they come back over here. Heard a few of their bigger hits, and liked what I have heard.

Not heard any of Rossdale's solo stuff other than "Adrenaline" from the xXx soundtrack- but that was a cool song. U got any recommendations of any of his solo songs, or any more Bush?

Should be good man, Bush never really did anything in the UK compared to their US success, but I would definitely try and catch them if they come back over here. Heard a few of their bigger hits, and liked what I have heard.

Not heard any of Rossdale's solo stuff other than "Adrenaline" from the xXx soundtrack- but that was a cool song. U got any recommendations of any of his solo songs, or any more Bush?

His solo work was much, much softer than anything he did with Bush or Institute, but I'd suggest giving a listen to a couple of the tracks off WANDERlust like "Forever May You Run" and "Love Remains the Same".

Outside of that, I'd say definitely check out Institute – that was the closest he came to Rossdale-like sound since leaving Bush. Their album Distort Yourself had a single released in "Bullet Proof Skin", but there are a number of other popular tracks from it including "Information Age" and "Boom Box".

No thanks. Gave them a try the first go-round not about to do it again. For me they were Nirvana-lite and not worth the trouble. If this new material is even lighter I have even less use for it. On the other hand I'd probably kill people to go see the rumored Minor Threat reunion that's happening in England this August. Kill people.

No thanks. Gave them a try the first go-round not about to do it again. For me they were Nirvana-lite and not worth the trouble. If this new material is even lighter I have even less use for it. On the other hand I'd probably kill people to go see the rumored Minor Threat reunion that's happening in England this August. Kill people.

I dont necessarily agree that they were ''Nirvana'' lite. Many of the early 90s bands got that stigma since Nirvana was so played and popular, Soundgarden got called that and they pre-dated Nirvana.

The song itself is okay, I would much rather the more classic Bush sound like Machinehead, or Mouth, or even glcerine. The main riff itself is cool in the background as it loops throughout the song. At the 2:35 point, you hear a little bit of the Old bush in the song.

I for one being 27, am SO happy for the reuniting of so many bands of the 90s, Im all for it, They can show these new bands how its done. Now all we need is Jack off Jill to come back and show Flyleaf how crappy they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back