• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brock Lesnar/The Lion's Den Match

ProWrestlingFan

Championship Contender
WWE should bring back the Lion's Den match and have guys like Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Undertaker face Brock Lesnar. It would fit with Brock Lesnar's MMA gimmick, similar to Ken Shamrock's gimmick back in the Attitude Era.

Agree? Disagree?

It would be interesting and fun to see, but no dice. Brock Lesnar's not there enough to work substantial programs with those gentlemen, much less have a gimmick match that we would barely see. I like the idea, and it would fit with Brock's MMA shoot style of fighting that he uses now, but if he's not going to be there to bring attention to the match, then don't bother. Maybe if he resigns after Wrestlemania and has a contract with more obliged dates to appears, but not now, at least. Besides, I kinda like Lesnar bringing his UFC style of fighting to the ring (ex. how he didn't really wrestle during his matches with Cena and Triple H, despite them being wrestling matches).

I feel like now that MMA and UFC has so much more light in the sun then it did back in the day, i doubt WWE would ever consider putting that style set up in their ring.

The idea of it though, seems okay but I'm not too thrilled of the idea. I feel like if they did that, Brock would HAVE to win every match because if not then you make it look like he sucks at MMA and personally to him I don't think he would like that very much lol

I could buy the Undertaker as a lions den match opponent, but Brock facing much smaller guys like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk in that type of match would kind of be ridiculous. Brock was a UFC heavyweight champion, I dont see how they could make it believable without Brock just ripping those two apart.

Now that the UFC is very popular I dont think they ever have lions den match anymore. It would be perceived by a lot of people as a desperate move by the WWE and they are trying to rip off the UFC.

Personally, I liked to see Brock get back to working more of a pro wrestling style match. It was great with Cena because Brock treated him like a punching bag and it was different, but that style got boring against Triple H.

The problem with putting Brock in a lion's den match is that he'd take up the entire space. That cage wasn't very big, and Lesnar and anyone who would even seem realistic against him would not be able to move around. So, in short, no.

It would be intresting to see Brock Lesnar challenge Undertaker to a Lion's Den match at WrestleMania. You could bill it like for the first time, Undertaker doesn't have home court at WM.

I like your idea, but as already said he isn't there enough. A one time deal would work though.

Does nobody get that the Lions Den match is Ken Shamrock's deal and his deal only? The match is named after his training facility, so it wouldn't make any sense to bring it back for Brock Lesnar or anybody else. Secondly, the Lions Den matches were pointless, uninteresting and a waste of time. There's nothing that can be done in a Lions Den match that can't be done in a regular Steel Cage match. Plus seeing them trying to mimmick an MMA match would just be plain embrassing, does anybody remember the last few times TNA tried? WWE fans won't care nor do I think they even watch MMA, and MMA fans certainly wouldn't be happy about it.

I'd like to see a Lesnar Lion's Den match, but it has to be with someone like Taker. It would be a great match for them to have at WM29. Other than this and a few other super heavyweights to take on Brock, though, I don't see this nor do I WANT to see this happen.

I wouldn’t want to see any match where it would look more legit with a mma style. He is far from the badest man in or was in mma. Of course media and Dana White will say so but ask other fights and his old training team. Brock is sorry. He left the wrestling cause it was too hard, he didn’t make it in football cause he wasn’t any good not even in Canada. And in mma he won 1 match lost 1 match and then won 1 match and got a title fight. And well got the shit beat out of him the rest of his career. If wrestling fans want to see him let him do it in the ring.

Nooo. much happier seeing him wrestle to the best of his ability. Trying to do "MMA" as a work would just limit the big man and ruin my enjoyment.

I think watching a worked MMA match would just look pathetic. The idea sounds good in theory, hell people clearly want to see MMA and it is very popular at the moment. But what people love about it is the realism. They are watching someone really fight and hurt someone.

If they tuned in and saw a worked MMA match I think it would turn people off. It might just be me but that would look even faker than wrestling is already. Wrestling knows that it is fake (in that the endings at least are scripted) and I embrace that, it will never return to that stage where anyone ever believes it to be real.

Hell they could have a legit fight and people still wouldn't believe it. We are just beyond the point where that is possible.

Just My Opinion.

I'm pretty sure this would just end being embarrassing for everybody involved and I could never see Lesnar agreeing to something like this. Hell, I couldn't even see Vince pitching the idea to him. The number one thing wrestling gets compared to now is MMA. Why would Vince want to do anything to further promote or emulate his biggest competition in even the slightest way, and do so by trying to pass off some bullshit knock off? I know UFC and the MMA boom is impossible to ignore, but we are talking about the same company that nine times out of ten will act like they are the only wrestling company in the world. It worked in the '90s but that is when wrestling was at its peak and MMA was basically irrelevant. Now it is the other way, MMA is huge and towers over the wrestling industry. No doubt about it, the douchebags at TMZ, the MMA community and the internet would shit all over this and Lesnar would end up looking like a total tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back