• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brock Lesnar: Better MMA fighter or Pro Wrestler?

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
I'm bringin back this thread series. For those that weren't around here are the other ones I've done so far.

Ken Shamrock: Better MMA fighter or Pro Wrestler
Jamie Foxx: Better actor or musician?
The Rock: Better Pro Wrestler or Actor?

I was going t do thid a while ago but things came up. Heree goes nothing.

Pro Wrestling Career
Not much I can say about his wrestling career that most of you don't already know. 3x WWE Champion and yougest WWE Champion in history (I'm not counting the world title). He's had great feuds with the likes of The Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero & Goldberg. He was set to be apart of the new feud of the Decade on par with The Rock Vs Steve Austin with John Cena but before that could happen he left the WWE.

MMA Career
He's 4-1 with that 1 loss being against Frank Mir due to a Kneebar. He is the current Undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion winning the title from Randy Coture. He then beat Fran Mir to unify the Interim and Heayweight titles.​

I Know he's still in the begining of his MMA career but which do you think he's better at?

I think he's a better MMA fighter, that may be because thats where his passion lies, after all he craved genuine competition. Personally I think the rise of Lesnar is part of what pro-wrestling in the shits, I know a lot of people who stopped watching because Rock and Austin left but I know even more who stopped watching because Lesnar was beating all their old favourites, clean as well.

I try to stay away from the ratings arguments when it comes to stuff like this, it's boring to me but as far as I can tell when Lesnar rose to the top of pro wrestling the ratings were dropping, now he's at the top of MMA he is apparently a huge draw, I could be wrong on both accounts.

Still, if all of that is correct then those reasons alone are to me what makes Lesnar a better MMA fighter than pro-wrestler.

Brock Lesnar made his debut in WWE in March 2002. He would be WWE Champion by August 2002, becoming the youngest WWE Champion in history at that time. He would then last with the company up to April 2004. During that time, he was a three-time WWE Champion, main evented Wrestlemania, won the King of the Ring, won the Royal Rumble, and defeated legends such as Hulk Hogan and The Rock. I don't think no one has or ever will done so much in so little in professional wrestling history. It was amazing, and every minute of it was entertaining for the fans.

Now, Brock Lesnar started training MMA in mid-2006. He had his first fight in April 2007, and defeated his opponent Min Soo Kim in just a little over a minute. After that performance, the UFC came a knockin', and Lesnar signed a huge contract with them, perhaps the biggest contract ever offered in MMA history at the time, let alone to a fighter with just 1 fight under his belt. He would make his debut for the UFC on February 2nd at UFC 81, where he would lose his fight against Frank Mir, but still show he was the real deal and had a TON of potential. Six months later he would fight at UFC 87 against one of the toughest Heavyweights in the sport in Heath Herring, and he would COMPLETELY dominate the fight. Just 3 months later, he would be granted a Heavyweight Title shot at UFC 91 against Randy Couture, which was being dubbed as the biggest fight in UFC history, and Brock would go on to win in devastating fashion by knocking out Couture in just the 2nd Round and become the new UFC Heavyweight Champion. 7 months later, Brock Lesnar was signed to defend his title in the biggest event in UFC History at UFC 100, against the person he lost his first fight to, Frank Mir. Brock would of course win in dominating fashion once again, and UFC 100 became the highest selling pay-per-view in the company's history.

Obviously, the paragraph for his accomplishments in MMA is longer, but that still doesn't mean it tops what he did in professional wrestler. Right now, you have to say Brock was a better professional wrestler just because of his accomplishments and just because you knew for a fact he was as talented as ANYONE else in the sport/business. In MMA, is he talented? Yes. Will he continue to dominate? Maybe so, but then again... maybe not. But if he had stayed with WWE, there's no doubt he would still be a main eventer to this day. Only time will tell if he'll remain one of the top fighters in MMA.

So, yeah... right now, I have to go with professional wrestling as my choice.

In wrestling he was the complete package. He had it all: size, strength, personality, & actual wrestling ability. He could also perform a shooting star press. While there are guys who posses all those abilities, very few has all those in one package. He was able to match skill with Kurt Angle & strength with Big Show. He had lots of entertaining matches. I think it's still to early to tell just how great he will be in MMA. But for now, I say he was a better pro wrestler than MMA fighter.

It's a toss-up. He was one of the most entertaining, skilled wrestlers to ever step into the ring. He had REAL wrestling experience. He could go toe-to-toe with Kurt Angle who was an Olympic Gold Medalist in ground moves and all that kinda stuff. He was so quick and agile, not to mention he was incredibly powerful. But alot of this can be said for his MMA career. He basically knew the ground work naturally with his wrestling background, he's probably untouched when it comes to wrestling skill in MMA. He hits hard, and is very quick. So for me it's really hard to pick. If we're talking accomplishments though, his Pro Wrestling ones outshine his MMA ones.

Better pro wrestler in my opinion. Simply for the reason I never get to see any MMA fights so can only base this opinion on his WWE stint. The way they pushed him, you want to see him in the ring and his fued with Angle was so much fun to watch, except at No way Out that year, made him look far to strong (with Benoit) against Team Angle. It is such a shame he left when and the way he did

Chris

personally going to go with pro wrestling...i know more about MMA seeing ive been following it alot more and had to read up on most of Lesnar's wrestling career

He was rocked by a right hand and knee by mir and had to get a takedown as fast as he possibly could, aslo feel he is still suspectable to submissions especially if he has to fight a guy like Minotauro Nogiuera next who would sub him quickly

It is hard for me to choose on this one. In both sports he shows the same hunger and drive that he has. He truly was/is the next big thing in the respective sports at the time/currently. He has a accomplished so much in such a short span of time in the UFC and he did the same in the WWE. As I said I am undecided on this as both careers have had similar paths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back