Brock Lesnar at Battleground

edgehead113

Dark Match Winner
It's looking pretty likely that Brock Lesnar will be involved at the Battleground PPV, presumably to set up a match for the WWEWHC with John Cena at Summerslam.

There's speculation that he'll be "Plan B" for the Authority, but I think that's a mistake.

The Authority are the top heel faction in the company right now, and they've feuded with the top faces (Bryan, the Shield, and now Reigns and Ambrose individually). Having John Cenafeud with the Authority will fail as a long term program because everyone who wrestles John Cena gets a babyface reaction (CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, and Bray Wyatt come to mind).

Having Lesnar join the authority makes no sense. The guy juts beat the streak, and he's a Paul Heyman guy. If Lesnar joins the Authority, would Heyman and Cesaro follow suit? Lesnar and Heyman MUST stay together IMO.

Here's what is projected to happen at Battleground: Cena retains in SuperCena fashion. Brock Lesnar comes out and decimates him, and that sets up their match for Sumerslam.

(there's also the slight possibility Lesnar could help Rollins cash in, but I think WWE knows if part-time Lesnar is ever going to win the strap, the time to do it is right now at the upcoming Sumerslam.

Here's what I would book, keeping in mind I need to get Cena v. Lesnar for the strap at Summerslam.

I'd have Cena retain, but Kane and Orton attack him after the match (let's assume Reigns also is taken out by Orton/Kane). Rollins comes out ready to cash in the briefcase, only for LEsnar to make an appearance and destroy Kane, Orton, and Rollins as HHH looks on in shock. Lesnar picks up Cena's lifeless body and carries him out.

The next night on Raw, Heyman cuts his usual 21-1 promo, then says the only 2 things that have evaded Lesnar since he returned to WWE are 1) John Cena and 2) the World Title. Lesnar has earned his shot, and he wants to destroy Cena at Summerslam and win the title on his terms.

As such, Lesnar can face Cena for the strap, Rollins can face Ambrose, Reigns can face Orton, and I don't think anyone cares what happens to Kane at this point.

Lesnar can win the title and refuse to join the Authority, while Heyman works his magic to make sure he's still the killer heel who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Cena loses the belt and doesn't feud with the Authority and kill their heel heat.

Orton can put over Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins can continue to have the most personal feud of the summer, and Kane can go into hiding until Bryan is ready to come back and bury him alive (literally) whenever he's healthy enough to return.

The 1 fatal flaw with a fued with cena is that anyone that fueds with him will get a face reaction.... That's why making lesnar fued with cena will be smart storyline wise but will destroy all of lesnar heel heat which means beating takers streak would be a waste.... Cena and lesnar will be a huge match that will draw but is it worth destroying lesnar heel heat.. I guess we will see

I don't think we will see Lesnar until the night after Battleground on Raw. Cena will end up winning by pinning Kane while Orton and Reigns somehow cause each other to lose which will lead to a match at Summer Slam. Next night on Raw Cena celebrates, HHH comes out and laughs and reminds him of Plan B and will reveal it at the end of the show. At the end of Raw Lesnar comes out and Heyman cuts a fantastic promo. Whether or not Cena and Lesnar have a physical altercation I'm not sure about but either way with the proper build to this rubber match I'm pretty pumped for Summer Slam.

Why does Brock Lesnar have to join The Authority to be the 'plan b'? All Triple H has to say is he lined Brocks pockets for a return and thats' as far as it goes for them. I think you are looking into this too much. Brock will always be with Heyman, not The Authority.

As for Brock returning at Summerslam and Cena retaining, you must be mentally ill to book that.

Am I the only one who remembers that Lesnar's contact says that he only can only compete in THREE (3) matches per year!? He's already had 2, the first being against Big Show at Royal Rumble, and the second at WrestleMania against Undertaker. So if he works with Cena at SummerSlam, that will be 3. So, if he did win the title, they would have to wait until next year to make him defend the title, which they definitely won't do. So, either Lesnar loses, making his win at WrestleMania mean nothing, or he wins by DQ, meaning he won't leave as champion. Or, they throw everyone off and have Lesnar face someone else instead.

Am I the only one who remembers that Lesnar's contact says that he only can only compete in THREE (3) matches per year!? He's already had 2, the first being against Big Show at Royal Rumble, and the second at WrestleMania against Undertaker. So if he works with Cena at SummerSlam, that will be 3. So, if he did win the title, they would have to wait until next year to make him defend the title, which they definitely won't do. So, either Lesnar loses, making his win at WrestleMania mean nothing, or he wins by DQ, meaning he won't leave as champion. Or, they throw everyone off and have Lesnar face someone else instead.

It's not the amount of matches he works, it's the amount of dates. His 2nd year would have started after Wrestlemania and I think he has only made 1 appearance since Wrestlemania (the night after), so Brock still has a lot of dates on the contract. The rumour was between 30-35 a year and only PPV matches.

The Authority are the top heel faction in the company right now, and they've feuded with the top faces (Bryan, the Shield, and now Reigns and Ambrose individually). Having john semen feud with the Authority will succeed.
Listen guys BROCK LESNER will defeat john semen it is stipulated I his contract for the wwe title and the streak was also on his contract and it is about time we took LESNER as a serious threat than a jokingly jobber as he has done in the past
Recall the first time he was supposed to beat cena and jobbed heavily and had temper tantrums backstage well those days are over cause he is winning the title till 2015 and wil go to WM31 with it and face the ROCK as originally planned!

Having Lesnar join the authority makes perfect sense. The guy just beat the streak, and he's a Paul Heyman guy. If Lesnar joins the Authority Lesnar and Heyman MUST stay together IMO.

Of course they will extend his contract maybe till WM33 but hopefully he won t sign and drops the title to THE ROCK at WM31 as was originally planned for WM30 and cause Dwayne Johnson was not available they went ahead with I think his contract is limited to 5 appearances per year not 3 so yes john semen will lose@ summerslam and BROCK will keep it till Royal Rumble 2015 or WM31 and face The ROCK

What is funny is if none of this happens and is a big swerve. I'm definitely looking forward to surprise.

Lets say this does happen...I am not for involving the title in a feud with Lesnar given his limited appearances. I never liked it when The Rock held it last year. Being unable to appear every show and only wrestling
Ppvs.

While it'll bring nostalgic feel for those who watched Lesnar over a decade ago, it's one transitional champ passing it to another transitional champion.

How many appearances can Lesnar make?

It's looking pretty likely that Brock Lesnar will be involved at the Battleground PPV, presumably to set up a match for the WWEWHC with John Cena at Summerslam.

There's speculation that he'll be "Plan B" for the Authority, but I think that's a mistake.

The Authority are the top heel faction in the company right now, and they've feuded with the top faces (Bryan, the Shield, and now Reigns and Ambrose individually). Having John Cenafeud with the Authority will fail as a long term program because everyone who wrestles John Cena gets a babyface reaction (CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, and Bray Wyatt come to mind).

Having Lesnar join the authority makes no sense. The guy juts beat the streak, and he's a Paul Heyman guy. If Lesnar joins the Authority, would Heyman and Cesaro follow suit? Lesnar and Heyman MUST stay together IMO.

Here's what is projected to happen at Battleground: Cena retains in SuperCena fashion. Brock Lesnar comes out and decimates him, and that sets up their match for Sumerslam.

(there's also the slight possibility Lesnar could help Rollins cash in, but I think WWE knows if part-time Lesnar is ever going to win the strap, the time to do it is right now at the upcoming Sumerslam.

Here's what I would book, keeping in mind I need to get Cena v. Lesnar for the strap at Summerslam.

I'd have Cena retain, but Kane and Orton attack him after the match (let's assume Reigns also is taken out by Orton/Kane). Rollins comes out ready to cash in the briefcase, only for LEsnar to make an appearance and destroy Kane, Orton, and Rollins as HHH looks on in shock. Lesnar picks up Cena's lifeless body and carries him out.

The next night on Raw, Heyman cuts his usual 21-1 promo, then says the only 2 things that have evaded Lesnar since he returned to WWE are 1) John Cena and 2) the World Title. Lesnar has earned his shot, and he wants to destroy Cena at Summerslam and win the title on his terms.

As such, Lesnar can face Cena for the strap, Rollins can face Ambrose, Reigns can face Orton, and I don't think anyone cares what happens to Kane at this point.

Lesnar can win the title and refuse to join the Authority, while Heyman works his magic to make sure he's still the killer heel who doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Cena loses the belt and doesn't feud with the Authority and kill their heel heat.

Orton can put over Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins can continue to have the most personal feud of the summer, and Kane can go into hiding until Bryan is ready to come back and bury him alive (literally) whenever he's healthy enough to return.

From what I've read, they're trying to use Brock to boost WWE Network subscribers in September.

So wouldn't it make sense if Brock loses at Summerslam but wins the strap at NoC?

I couldn't see the logic of having Brock win at Summerslam. It would make the rematch so predictable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back