British transfers

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
So the transfer window has closed for the time being and now is a good time to assess how your team has done.

How would you rate your team has done? Good, bad or indifferent.

I'm a Newcastle fan and we have bought Mbemba, Thauvin, Mitrovic, Wijnaldum and Toney. Our outgoings have been good as it's been generally fringe players (if that). We've had a good window.

Which player that your team has acquired is the best?

Mbemba will be a player who does well but doesn't get the plaudits. It'll be between Thauvin who has a lot to prove and Wijnaldum who is awesome.

Which player that your team has acquired is the worst?

Mitrovic. Four games, two yellows, one red. He needs to calm down.

What about departures?

Taylor and Jonas ended their contracts but spent a lot of it injured. I can see why the club didn't extend their contracts. Alniwck also went and he was awful.

Big shame has been Abeid going, but he was never going to get in the first team once we got Gini and Thauvin it wasn't going to happen. Could do with Cabella still being here but not too fussed about Ameobi and Vukic going out on loan.

Any youth players to look out for breaking into the team?

Rolando Aarons looks to be the sort of player who will do well but he seems to already have an ego about him.

Which other players signed by teams would you have had (keep it reasonable)?

Ayew from Swansea, we were linked with him for years. Cabaye for obvious reasons, Dyer and Gomez

What would you be looking for in January?

We need cover in LB, RB, striker. I'd like to see English players brought in but McLaren has said it's a 3 window aim for the squad he wants.

Who's the bargain player of the window.

Either Gomez for Liverpool or Ayew.

Celtic had a rather busy window but I'm not sure that I would go so far as to say that it was a good window for us. Potentially, we could come out of this window in a worse place. Virgil Van Dijk has been our stand out player for the last two seasons and with him gone, I don't have a lot of hope for our defense. We signed a lot of midfielders in the window but there isn't enough quality cover at the back. I'm hoping that Simunovic will be a good replacement for VVD but that really remains to be seen. Blackett might add a bit of competition too but I doubt he'll play much. Janko looks like a steal from Man Utd and he's impressed me. Fingers crossed that he fulfills the potential that everyone seems to see in him.

In saying that, I'm worried about Ciftci from Dundee United. Yet to score for us in any competition and is still serving his 6 match ban for biting. I'm hoping that he finds his form when he comes back but that won't be until the end of September and its a big ask. He looks like the weakest signing of the summer for us.

With Henderson heading out on loan, the youth of Celtic are at a stand still. He was the one kid who stood a chance of getting some game time and now he finds himself at Hibs. Its a decent level and he will play most matches I assume, so it's not all bad. But Celtic should be putting more emphasis into their youth teams instead of buying from abroad, I reckon. However, I would have liked to have seen Celtic push the boat out for a decent striker. Steven Flethcher and Michu were mentioned but they never materialized. I really hope that Celtic fans don't give up on the team because there was no marquee signing.

In January, were going to have to get a decent striker; we're dangerously low on options there. A permanent left back should also be a priority because I don't see Blackett staying past next season.

Mitrovic. Four games, two yellows, one red. He needs to calm down.
I am sorry, but anyone who brought Mitrovic should know that he has "crazy head". I should know, he plays for our nation. He was always "crazy head" even before Anderlecht and he didnt changed that since. So dont think he can do it now. Even Dick Advocaat said when he was coach of Serbian National team that he needs to calm his head down. So you knew who you are aquiring before his incidents. Good player but "crazy head". Just like Ballotelli.

As for other teams I feel like City has done a great job aside of giving great amount of money on Sterling which I think its waste as any English footballer who is overpayed just because he is domestic. Kinda like when your Newcastle sold Caroll to Liverpool. United got Depay who is great player but Schweinsteiger and that france kid is a waste of money. Van Gaal has definitly lost it. Tottenham and Liverpool had wasted money on nothing like always and Chelsea got freakin Pedro Rodriguez. He got good debut though but still believe that they could spend better which they could see by current state of table. In this current state City will walk through League like nothing if they manage to maintain current form and avoid any major injuries.

How would you rate your team has done? Good, bad or indifferent.

Man United - 1st half of the summer was good, second half was a bit rubbish. The saga with Pedro and the murkiness over why Woodward went out there if Van Gaal never wanted him was just embarassing however you look at it. The link with Neymar seemed like insane speculation and I find it hard to believe that they were actively pursuing the deal.

Better than Moyes' United summer though.

Which player that your team has acquired is the best?

So far, Darmian looks like a shrewd transfer. Depay seems to still be adjusting to the PL style but he's going to come good sooner rather than later.

Probably that 17 year old defender we picked up but its mean to pick on teenagers so I'll concentrate on the over 20s. Ahem.

Schweinsteiger's fitness has had a big question mark over it and he doesn't quite look like he's fully up to speed. The rotation with him and Carrick doesn't seem to be working as expected but again, he'll come good in a couple of months barring injuries.

What about departures?

Nani had a great season at Sporting Lisbon and had 3 or 4 years left on his contract so the biggest surprise was that he was let go for such a cheap price.
RVP had an awesome debut season and stuttered once Fergie left. Sad but not heartbreaking.
Di Maria just didn't click with Manchester or Van Gaal. Disappointing.
Rafael was a liability despite his cracking form a couple of years ago.
Chicharito's move was the saddest as he was an honest and energetic wee thing.

Any youth players to look out for breaking into the team?

Pereira. Shone for Brazil at the Under-20 world cup and hasn't been sent out on loan. Jesse Lingard always does well in pre-season then either gets injured or sent out on loan. Hopefully he gets some game time.

Which other players signed by teams would you have had (keep it reasonable)?

Pedro :banghead:

What would you be looking for in January?

Central defender and a couple of centre forwards. I thought that Austin would have been worth a punt, to be honest. Also, if the De Gea situation can get sorted then that would be nice.

Who's the bargain player of the window.

Andre Ayew.

Honourable mention to Danny Ward at Aberdeen. On loan from Liverpool and has put in some great performances so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back