Bringing back the Nexus

owen9110

Dark Match Jobber
I was watching an interview by BNB at Wrestlemania Axxess who mentioned he would love to bring back the Nexus, could you imagine how awesome it would be....., "I've Got Some Baaaad News" heading the stable at taking over the main event. Obviously you've got the Shield and Evolution going on but maybe one day it could happen and bring BNB to title contender.

Who do you think should be in the Nexus and who should they feud with?

Ta

I think they should bring back Gabriel and Slater, but leave out Ryback and Axel (originally Sheffield and MgGillicutty). Slater and Gabriel are good wrestlers and made an awesome team in the Nexus and following it with Corre and their own heel team. As for the rest of 3MB, perhaps we should just drop Jinder since he wasn't exactly that good to begin with. As for Drew, he needs his own thing again. I'm going to leave the team at three because we've seen what happens when you have a team of seven people; it doesn't work. And these three have one wonderfully together before. They were the mains of Original Nexus before.

Currently, that leaves my Nexus team at:
-Wade "Bad News" Barrett
-Justin Gabriel
-Heath Slater

If those three can get their shit together and assert themselves as good heels, they'd make one hell of a feud piece.

The key would be to start them now and have them go over in time for the end of the Shield vs Evolution feud. Then you could throw them against the Shield for a New vs Original feud, with Barrett claiming that Shield is simply trying to remake what the Nexus did and is full of crap by adding justice into the idea.

Then add in senseless attacks by Nexus, rebuttal by the Shield and badda bing, badda boo, you got yourself the return of the scariest force in the WWE against the Hounds of Justice, which if done right makes for an incredible feud, near the likes of Shield vs Evolution.

Just my opinion on the idea. Besides, I miss Justin. I liked him as a heel.

That would definitely make for an interesting stable war. They could even bring Otunga back into the fold and bring back that sweet theme song by 12 stones they used. Three stables going to war could even spawn a war games match if done right.

Hm, could be a interesting idea. Would give the Shield new opponents to fight along with possibly raising the stock of some of the lower mid-carders. If it somehow helps get Barrett a title run even better, although I doubt it considering how well the Corre worked out for him. Anyway

Members
Barrett(obviously)
Ryback(Muscle)
Gabriel(gets him back on TV)
Axel(jobber but least he'll have Barrett to do all the talking for him)
Otunga-Yeah I'm not eager to see him back in the ring either, but he's big and his size alone helps make the group more intimidating. If Ryan wasn't gone I probably would've put him here instead just because he's bigger.

I left out Slater since he'll be jobbing either way, so they might as well keep him on 3MB unless they're actually breaking up, and DB, Bray and Punk are left out for obvious reasons.

I'm all for a rebranding of Nexus to feature a war against Old vs New (which I'm sure is what's going to happen)

Evolution vs Reworked nexus featuring new angry guys that want change? Fuck yeah. Throw Cesaro, Zayn, Rose, Swagger, Barrett, Ryder, Ziggler, 3MB, Kidd, Axel, and Titus O'Neil in there, cmpletely rebrand them into serious, no flash, all business violent, hungry competitors? If there's anything that these guys need more, it's a gimmick overhaul. They've got so much talent, and if they shake their gimmicks of "Show-Off" and "Long Island Goomba," we can finally get a cohesive unit with one goal in mind.

Takeover.

Have them run a coup on Evolution/Authority, and forcibly take over shows. And not just once. Enough times where it's almost scary. Like Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman demolishing everyone with chairs and throwing said broken chairs into the air, and ripping up the ring and tables often enough to start a revolution. You'll have the best fucking thing in television my friend. Better than the Monday Night Wars by a longshot. It'd be, quite frankly, the only way to bump it up to a more mature, violent All-Ages product without selling the fuck out like before, and also to pass the torch while at the same time, putting over literally everybody in the company in one form or another simultaneously. If they ever bring back Punk (which will probably happen after he weds AJ, consummates it for a month or two, and watches television cuddled up on the couch or something with her), you could have him be the Tom Hagen to Barrett's Corleone. And if Punk can't/won't do it, Cesaro is the perfect choice. They could run roughshod on MNR, splice into shows like the NWO used to do, except more legitimate, since it's the opposite of what happened there. Young, but experienced violent competitors doing the takeover bit instead of old grandpas taking over what they owned already.

If I could do a better job writing 1.5-2 years of material than your creative staff, then Stamford, we've got a problem. But you're lucky, cause I'll totally quit the shit out of my Best Buy job to help save the WWF as we know it.

Nahhhh. Leave it in the past. The Nexus could have been something big if not for SuperCena totally John Wayne-ing them, but the ship has sailed. Casual fans probably don't even remember them. Barrett doesn't need a faction because he's doing quite well on his own and is picking up decent momentum with his current IC run. Maybe he could help elevate guys like Gabriel or Slater, but it would most likely slow his momentum down. There are already 3 major factions in WWE now anyway (Wyatts, Shield, Evolution) and the thing about factions is you don't want to oversaturate the product with them or you get convoluted storylines and lots of confusion. Think back to WCW toward the end where pretty much everyone was part of a faction, but unless it was NWO or the Horsemen, nobody really cared. When Shield, Evolution and the Wyatts split or dissolve in some way, there will be room for another faction, but not now.

And any faction should NEVER feature more than 4 or 5 workers. EVER.

Nexus returning could be awesome depending on who is in it, and when they did the return. It would make for a cool stable war against The Shield now that The Shield are faces. I'd love to see it happen as long as they use the original Nexus and not Punk's version of it. The whole point of Nexus was for rookies to get noticed, not to be bodyguards for someone who never needed them. As for who would be in a reunited Nexus?

Wade Barrett
He should be the leader again. The original Nexus didn't work without him and neither would this one. Keep the "I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS" promos and have Barrett lead this reunited Nexus faction.

Daniel Bryan
He was not in Nexus long enough to be a big part of it. Plus he no longer needs something like this. They'd be a heel faction and he is one of the top faces now.

Darren Young
He has absolutely nothing else to do and he was in the original group, so why not.

Skip Sheffield
Yes. Even though he is currently in the tag team Rybaxel, they can both rejoin with Ryback being an enforcer.

Michael Tarver
No longer with the WWE and I don't see them bringing him back just for a Nexus reunion. He didn't do enough to be relevant.

Justin Gabriel
It gives him something to do, so yes. He can tag team with Slater again to represent Nexus in the tag team division.

Heath Slater
Absolutely. He can restart his tag team with Gabriel and it would be better for him than 3MB. Drew can begin a push of his own in singles action while Jinder becomes a jobber. I'd much rather see Slater be a part of this than for 3MB to continue.

David Otunga
He should be in the group again, keeping the lawyer character outside of matches. I liked him being one of the main speakers of the original group so he should enter such a role again if this reunion happened.

John Cena
Remember this? Cena was in Nexus. He should not be anywhere near the group in this reunion. He never needed it and he has better things to do now.

Husky Harris
I'm going to have to say no here. Husky is on his way to stardom as Bray Wyatt, he has better things to do than be a part of a Nexus reunion. Plus his character back then sucked. Stay with the Wyatts, Bray.

Michael McGillicutty
Keep the Curtis Axel name and bring him back in for this.

CM Punk
NO. For two reasons. The first being that his version of Nexus was horrible. Secondly, he is no longer with the WWE. Even if he did return for whatever reason, the group should be under Barrett and not Punk. At this point the others would be overshadowed by Punk if he did participate in this.

Mason Ryan
Absolutely not. He is no longer with WWE and he's not worth bringing back just for this when Ryback can just as easily be the enforcer of the group.

AJ
The only new member I'd bring in. They never had a girl in the original Nexus and this way they can include the storyline in the divas division. AJ will be back eventually and could join the faction.

Overall
This reunion would be good for all of the wrestlers involved. Barrett can re-attempt to capture the momentum he had when leading the original group and possibly break into the main event if it goes well. Ryback goes back to being the enforcer, which is what he was best at. Gabriel and Slater can and should win the tag team belts again. Axel could win the Intercontinental Championship again representing Nexus. Otunga would be the main speaker for the group. AJ would obviously be their diva representative. Young has nothing else to do at the moment, so he can be in the group too to take losses in matches where they need to lose to make an opponent look better going into a high profile match. They would have 7 male members as the original group (disregarding Bryan's very brief membership) did, and the addition of AJ would be a very good thing for the divas division.

Wade Barrett
Darren Young
Ryback
Justin Gabriel
Heath Slater
David Otunga
Curtis Axel
AJ

The tough part would be creating a mega faction of faces to rise up to face them. The Shield and Daniel Bryan would be obvious picks, as would Paige for a divas representative if AJ is in the reunited Nexus.

I wouldn't like to see Nexus get back together for a number of reasons, but the number one reason is the fact that it's a thing of the past.

Nexus is done. The wrestlers in the group have moved on. Besides, they would probably just get fed to John Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back