• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bring back the Triple Threat!

truk24

Getting Noticed By Management
Not the old Triple Threat with Shanne and company. Obviously something more relevant with today. How about a British Invasion. I know it sound corny, but Burchill, Gabriel, and DH Smith would make a solid English stable. Obviously Gabriel is face, but that could easily change. Maybe in a match with Paul, while Gabriel and his valet are dancing, Gabriel nails her with a decapitating clothesline. Hugging his buddy Paul. No more dancing!

DH Smith debuts the same night, and fights Finlay in a match. Gabriel, and Paul come out to watch the match ringside. Finaly seems distracted at their presecence. DH Smith pulls of the win, but with help from his new friends. This could prompt the WWE have Finlay call up his "distant relative"(storyline wise) Sheamus from FCW. Possibly even bring back Mcintyre, and have an all out England vs Ireland in ECW.

See, I love this idea and ironically you've stumbled upon one of my favorite ideas for a Wrestling storyline. Factions are the way of life when you need to focus on multiple Wrestlers, but ideally none of them are worth a single's push. (or rather, the leader but none of the rest)

The only problem is, this type of reformation of a group/faction wouldn't work, because too many people would compare it to it's original. And nothing, and no group, could ever replace the greatness that was Shane Douglas and company.

While he had several names, including Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Chris Candido & Bam Bam Bigelow, the fact is it was Shane Douglas' "baby" and creation, as a way to simply say "fuck you" to the Four Horsemen and Ric Flair. So any re-formation of the group.. just wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Now that being said, I'd still love to see the group re-form, but ultimately I think if a faction of Paul Burchill, D.H. Smith and anyone else does happen.. it'll take on any number of different names before becoming a Next Generation Triple Threat.

Great idea.. just not really possible without Shane Douglas.

It's a great idea but I dont think people will go out of their way to put something good in ECW. As it stands now for the most part ECW is a brand with only wrestling, and very little promo's. We do get maybe once in the four months an extreme rules match, but that's only used to push a storyline or a feud. I think for now Vince will put every attention of ECW in Jack Swagger feuding with all kinds of people. Also I dont really think Vince cares a lot about the brand. So we wont be able to see a stable or group on the C-show anytime soon.

Well, what would you call the New Breed? They were a faction of guys, and that was in ECW. I think ECW can have a stable because they have had one before. With that being said I do feel that a stable of this magnitude could happen.

My fault if I had you think that there should a "Triple Threat". The title is misleading, and I can see how one could think that. I was just referring to the amount of people in the stable. Not calling themselves "The Triple Threat". That would be lame, and I don't think rehashing stables is a sound idea creatively.

As for a name. I think that could be anything, but in my opinion naming themselves "The Sons of England".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back