• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bring Back Disciples of the New Church?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Back in 2001-2003, TNA ran a stable called Disciples of the New Church as a heel stable managed by Father James Mitchell that consisted of Tempest (Chris Ford), Slash (Kelly Wolfe) and Malice (Jerry Tuite) who feuded heavily with the first TNA NWA World Heavyweight Champion, Ken Shamrock in their infancy. The stable had various feuds there after with the likes of America's Most Wanted, Don Harris and Russo's Sports Entertainment Xtreme (SEX), and also included a number of other wrestlers as members, including Shane Douglas, Mike Awesome, Brian Lee, Sinn (Kizarny), Vampiro, etc.

While I'm well aware Abyss was never a member, or feuded with during the time of their existence, all this "they" talk has really got me thinking about the potential for their return. While the various members over the years aren't likely to be brought back, I do think the idea of the stable could still work so long as James Mitchell comes back as the center piece of the group.

I know most folks think the "they" are the ECW boys, but seems rather illogical to have Abyss spout off about "them" coming, when they're already here, no? ;)

Ideally, I'd entertain the idea of bringing back former TNA wrestler Judas Mesias as a member, as well.

Thoughts on the idea? Would you consider bringing the New Church back, and if so, who would you like to see as members? If not, how else would you handle "they"?

I woudl personally love to see a reformed Disciples. Mitchel being back in ANY way would be a win in my book. The disciples were always fun to have around and put on a hell of a lot of good matches.

If I had to chose from the roster I would choose Abyss, Brian Kendrick (give him a darker twist), Dafney and (with the rumors flying) Delirious and have him do his red poison gimmick.

Hey Yo!

I wasnt a major TNA fan back then, so i didnt really know this guys much, but for me having Father James Mithcell back in any capacity with or without Abyss is major positive for the company. This guy is really good for the dark/ mysterious characters he is like a modern day Paul Bearer so yeah im all for the return of James Mitchell and his eyebrows...lol.

As for the New Church if it sounds as good as you described it then why the hell not.

Getting James Mitchell back alone would be win he was one of thier best character idk why they let him go.

As for Abyss and ECW i think the Nailbat kinda says in a loud voice i'm with the ECW guys maybe im wrong but thats the way it seems.

With Judas Mesias the only way i'd want him back is a package deal with James Mitchell without him theres kinda no point to the character i think at least. Although it would seem a little too much like the Undertaker/Kane dynamic with Mitchell to be honest.

I think the New Church would be a could stable to bring back... I remember the original stable and actually worked an indy show (as an announcer) with Malice right before his unfortunate death...

Anyway, good members would be...

Abyss and Judas... Would be a great heel tag team, kind of like Kane and Taker... on second thought, I think Kevin Thorn would be a better option... I think he was a better worker than Judas...

Daniels... Good X Division guy and bring back the Fallen Angel gimmick...

Daffeney...

And maybe someone like Delirious... Could you imagine him and Daniels teaming up against the Guns and Gen Me... Sounds like awesome matches to me...

YES YES YES, the New Church were awesome!

Mitchell is probably the best manager/mouthpiece in wrestling today, he should never have been released from TNA. Abyss would be perfect for the New Church, alongside Fallen Angel, Daffney and Delirous if he signs. The yshould also try and bring back Vampiro, he would be perfect in that faction

I didn't watch TNA religiously back then, but James Mitchell back in TNA in any capacity would be a good thing. With Mitchell as the mouthpiece, he could make any potential members look extremely credible. I mean look what Mitchell did for Abyss, many would say that was Abyss at his best and he hasn't been the same since.

If TNA wants to put a darker spin on Kendrick and possibly turn him heel, he would be a great choice. As would Daniels if he were to come back to TNA, and as would Delirious if he were to come to TNA. But if this faction were to form right now, it would fall flat on its face. I think this should only be an idea if Mitchell comes back, because he would basically make or break that group.

What was James Mitchell gimmick all about anyways? And how great was this stable? Maybe if Mitchell comes back bring in Abyss, Jeff Hardy, and few others to join.

I like the idea of the new church with James Mitchell as the leader. Abyss would obviously be the captain of the group. I'm not a big fan of Judas Mesias, but there are lots of talented Impact players that could be in the group. As some said before Kendrick would be a great addition since he is in limbo right now. Jeff Hardy might actually be a decent addition if he were tone down the whole creatures of the night thing. If Daniels ever signed back then he would be great as well.

If it wasn't for the ECW invasion, then Raven, Stevie Richards, and Daffney could join the group. If not then Daffney can bring her zombie hotness to the New Church. Here is what I would see as a great group of people for this dark stable.

James Mitchell
Abyss
Daniels
Raven
Kendrick
Daffney

These are the basic people you could use for this stable since none of them have anything going on right now. Abyss is receiving a huge push as a monster heel so it would make sense for him to be in a monster stable like this. One last name that comes to mind is The Pope. Imagine if Pope ever does become heel. It's a possibility considering the limited reaction he got at Lockdown and Victory Road. The Pope is more over as a heel then a face in my opinion.

Man, after reading that last post.. I would LOVE to see the Pope in a stable like the New Church. I mean, that would be a perfect imo. Think about it. D'Angelo Dinero, the Pope of the New Church? Then surround him with Abyss, Kendrick, Delirious, and Daffney.. With Father Mitchell as the mouthpiece? Possibly even the Fallen Angel himself? That would be amazing, and I would totally pay money to see that. It just all comes together pretty much perfectly.. Too perfect, probably.

Geez, now I'm really pumped for something that will probably never happen. :disappointed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back