Brian Burke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
He has officially became the President and General Manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs. My first thought is... what took so long? He won his cup with the Ducks, and he was done there. He made the Canucks a legitimate team, and was done there. Everyone knew his last stop was the Toronto Maple Leafs, where he will be until he is either too old to do his job, or until they Toronto fans takes him to the guillotine. Either way, he is finally there, a few months after everyone knew he was going to be. He has made his wife happy, now that she gets to be in Toronto, and can focus on her career. What do you think? Will he do a good job with the Leafs?

You lucky bastards! He did an amzing job taking the Ducks from crap into spectacular. Too bad that his kids live on the east or he would still be the Ducks GM...he loved that job and I guarantee you within 2-3 years, the Maple Leafs will be good. Brian Burke is a great GM and I hope that the Ducks do not suffer with his departure.

I dont think they will suffer. Burke is a great GM, he is the best team builder I have ever seen. He took the Canucks from absolute shit, and made them a playoff team. He then moved on and brought the Ducks to Stanley Cup gold. Hopefully he is able to make the Maple Leafs into something that resembles a decent hockey team. Toronto had the money for him, so they got him easily. Too bad the team building GM will probably never leave TO.

I am just so paranoid that I could see the Ducks reverting back to their old crap. I hope to God I am wrong because I do not want to go back to watching other teams play in the playoffs. The Ducks have rejuvinated Orange County and now are a favorite among many fans. Come playoff time, the Ducks are the real deal and I really hope that this year we can make an impact. Thats why I always believe that a GM has to have a plan and a brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back