Bret Hart talks about Cena, Punk, Bryan, Triple H

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Good stuff here.. he doesn't believe John Cena would make a good heel. Says that he's a Cena fan. Shoots on Triple H this interview is from January 13, 2013.
Shoots on Hogan/Bischoff on how are they going to make Samoa Joe & AJ Styles?
How Daniel Bryan reminds him of Owen Hart.
Says AJ Styles is one of the greatest wrestlers in the World.

[YOUTUBE]XiGA3uz-RVg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gvDEUrOkuwM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xSNJX1aBDSw[/YOUTUBE]

I agree with his comments that HHH vs Undertaker wasn't all that, but not his reasoning, Austin and Rock have had my favourite matches ever and neither are innovative, its just that HHH vs Taker 1 and 2 weren't all that, that's all really.

I am only going on what I've read, because I've not seen any of it, so I've not seen his Cena comments, but Cena would make an amazing heel, see CM Punk's recent heel work and then raise it. Cena would be the bollocks.

On the other hand, Bret Hart has made mega money pretending to drop people on their heads for a living and I am some jerk on a computer, so who knows.

I can see what he's saying about having trainers in the WWE who weren't big names themselves and how that might impact the guys coming in as they rise. Sounded fair to me, if you're going to be the best, you want to be trained and taught by the best, but that's not always possible.

I think he's gotten himself a little bit bogged down in terms of what he thinks a wrestling match ought to be when it comes to taker and HHH. Sometimes matches work well, not because of the innovative spots you include or the technical prowess you demonstrate, but because it's just a sensational spectacle. That match was a memorable spectacle, not much in the way of actual wrestling moves, but it told a fantastic story, and the crowd reaction during reflected that. At the end of the day, that's the most significant thing to pay attention to. That match was like the anti-thesis of a Dolph Ziggler match, not big and flashy and quick, but paced out and well thought out and methodical, grounded, intense and engaging in it's way. That's why people rate it so highly.

I also call bull-raspberries on his idea of turning Cena heel. I think Cena, the real life guy, internally probably has a big stain that none of the other mega-babyfaces of the past have had. He's been taunted and booed by an entire large portion of crowds for years, and I think inside, although he may not show it, there's a part of him that is bothered by the fact that he can't get certain people to like him, and there's certain criticisms that eat away at him a bit. He's only human. I think there's probably a big fire inside the real life John Cena that could be ignited and would set ablaze the WWE if they decided to turn him heel. There's certainly enough fuel from a storyline perspective, but I think it would probably be amplified by his real life feelings. I think he'd make an amazing heel.

And lastly, although I know this is personal, I've never thought of HHH as one of the 'great' wrestlers myself either. I wouldn't list him with Flair, Austin, Rock, Rhodes, Piper, Hogan, Sting and so on. To me he's a bit like Edge, very highly decorated but with second tier talent. Rewarded beyong his means, if you wiiiiiww. I'm probably going to get bad rep for that but gooseberries .

Not sure why he's going out of his way to smash HHH. I like Bret a lot more than I like Hunter, but this doesn't seem smart. He's not going as far as he probably wants to, but I think he's going further than he may think, at least in the mind of HHH. Hunter definitely hears this shit, not sure this was the smart thing for Bret to do.

I have to totally disagree with Bret on his comments regarding the HIAC match. To me it was a phenomenal match, one of the best I have seen in a long time.

Bret was an all-time great himself but sometimes he doesnt half talk bollocks.

I disagree that HHH has never had a 'great' match. Taking the Cell match with Taker out of the equation:

- VS Rock, Iron Man Match, Judgment Day 2000
- VS Austin, Three Stages of Hell, No Way Out 2001
- VS Taker at Wrestlemania X7
- VS Shawn Michaels at Summerslam 2002

...just to name a few. I think the Cell match vs Taker is slightly overrated, but it told a great story, and was one the matches, if not the match of the night.

First I would like to say that I agree with Artist 100% on John Cena. I'm sure part of him hates that people boo the shit out of him. I think he would blow every heel over the last 10-15 years out of the water if he turned.

I love Triple H, he's one of my favorite wrestlers of all time, but I think it was Jim Cornette who said it best "He's the guy who works with the guy who draws the money"

I disagree that HHH has never had a 'great' match. Taking the Cell match with Taker out of the equation:

- VS Rock, Iron Man Match, Judgment Day 2000
- VS Austin, Three Stages of Hell, No Way Out 2001
- VS Taker at Wrestlemania X7
- VS Shawn Michaels at Summerslam 2002

...just to name a few. I think the Cell match vs Taker is slightly overrated, but it told a great story, and was one the matches, if not the match of the night.

were any of these matches really that good besides the match with michaels. I mean go back and try to gulp down the iron man match. Its pretty hard.

I think hhh is pretty good, but it seems like he needs a gimmick match with a great worker, or a match involving the best of all time to pull out anything good. Just like cornette says, hes not on the level of the greats with michaels, rock, taker, flair, austin, and foley. Hes the guy that works with the guy that draws the money.

were any of these matches really that good besides the match with michaels. I mean go back and try to gulp down the iron man match. Its pretty hard.

I think hhh is pretty good, but it seems like he needs a gimmick match with a great worker, or a match involving the best of all time to pull out anything good. Just like cornette says, hes not on the level of the greats with michaels, rock, taker, flair, austin, and foley. Hes the guy that works with the guy that draws the money.

I'd say they are, and I'm missing out the Street Fight and Cell matches he had with Cactus Jack in 2000, too. Hell, I'm most likely missing others that could be considered as great. The Iron Man match and the Three Stages of Hell are a helluva lot to watch, but they're quality matches, no question.

I wouldn't disagree with the Cornette comment at all, but it takes two to make a match, and to say HHH hasn't had a single great match is a very bold statement. Is he himself great? Up for debate, but he's had plenty of great matches down the years.

I've never heard Cornette say this, (but apparently he has) was this part of a shoot or something?

I've never heard Cornette say this, (but apparently he has) was this part of a shoot or something?

Youtube 'Jim Cornette shoots on Triple H'. It's only about a minute long but it's interesting to hear Cornette's opinion, if only because he's so damn funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back