Bret Hart Battling Prostate Cancer

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
Bret posted the following on his Instagram a few minutes ago.

It is with great remorse that I feel compelled to speak truthfully to my friends, family and my millions of fans around the world. In the past few years, I've spent more than enough time paying the price for all those years trying to be the best there ever was as a professional wrestler. I executed excellently and my proudest claim was that I never seriously hurt or injured another wrestler in my 23 year career. I've paid a price for all that "fake" wrestling ... Mark Helprin wrote: "We are all perfect clocks that Divinity has set to ticking when, even before birth, the heart explodes into a lifelong dance." I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles. I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer. In the next few days, I will undergo surgery with the hope of defeating this nemesis once and for all.

My fans have always looked upon me as a hero and I've always done my best to live up to that in and out of the ring. I beat the odds when I suffered my stroke in 2002, but it is now yet again, that I ... stand unafraid and face the tough road ahead of me, I will march toward this destiny with his spirit chanting in my ear.
I make a solemn vow to all of those that once believed in me, the dead and the living, that I will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already. Love is my weapon and I've got much of it around me all the time, for which I'm truly blessed and eternally grateful. My children, grandchildren, and my loving wife Steph have been and will constantly be at my side. I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying.
Most important of all, I hope can take the fight to prostate cancer. To be a leader in awareness and to set the example for men everywhere who find themselves in my very same shoes, that prostate cancer can be beaten.

B x

Bret kinda wears on my nerves nowadays with his bitterness, but seeing that he now has to battle prostate cancer absolutely sucks and my best wishes to him and his family.

Hopefully the cancer was found soon. If that's the case, then there's no reason Bret can't beat this. Bret is my favorite of all time. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Man the last 20 years just haven't been kind to Bret professionally or personally. Here's hoping he can kick it.

You know what I hate about WWE's official statement? It's made to sound like it's all about them. Maybe I'm being too literal or cynical but why is it their business if his statement offers anything about his diagnosis or course of treatment? He has fucking cancer. Just offer support. Say good luck and you're there for him. I don't care about your however. And we know he's a Hall of Famer. Just wish the guy well, and not so sanitarily. If I were Bret reading that I think I'd be infuriated. But as I said, maybe I'm being too literal.

Let's face it, that's all WWE has done for the last almost 20 years is mock or undermine Bret Hart and his legacy. Its unfortunate that Bret Harts legacy for anyone who became a wrestling fan post 2000 is Survivor Series in Montreal. For someone who was the workhorse for that company through the '90s he gets so little respect. Of course WCW didn't do his legacy any favors either. I'm still baffled to this day how WCW managed to screw that up.

Just terrible news. Hopefully they caught it in time and he can recover and live a long life. I'm pulling for him, and I'm sure his family and fans will be there for him with all the love and support he needs.

It is always saddening to hear someone is dying. Especially when it comes to a legend it can't be taken easily. Prostate cancer is the most common for a men, unfortunate for Bret Hart though. I really hope it won't be palliative and he will recover soon. Spread the word for his recovery. Cheers!

Too bad news. I hope that cancer was caught in initial stage and therefore Bret Hart can survive through it. Lots of blessings for him and his family from me. He was an awesome wrestler.

May he recover soon!

:devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back