Brendan Schaub

Wow!

A flimsy reason to like anything really.

It's like saying that the Nazi's marched to your favourite Eminem song so you like them. Like the person and not what they like.

Now Tito Ortiz is coming out to Mosh! Win. I'm not that big of a fan of Ortiz though. He's a dick. Haha. Liddell > Ortiz anyways.

Oh, I didn't mean Liddell now. Yeah, he's trash now. In general though, I prefer Liddell over Ortiz. He's the one who got me watching UFC, actually.

A slight jab > Liddell

He has had a long and brutal career, fighting some of the sports best. That will take it out of everyone.

90% of the 205 roster > Liddell

People like Jon Jones and Rashad Evans are better than the current LHW Champion now too though. Shogun will find that out soon enough though.

Oh, I didn't mean Liddell now. Yeah, he's trash now.

Why the disrespect for the best Light heavyweight in MMA history, the same guy who has knocked out some of the biggest names in MMA. He might be less durable now. He doesn't fight for money, he fights because he loves to do it regardless of results.

However for him at his advanced age to dominate Rich before lunging into a short right hand....... says that he still has the fighters skill and mentality. He is a Hall of Famer who should be widely respected as a man who gave everything to a growing sport.

People like Jon Jones and Rashad Evans are better than the current LHW Champion now too though. Shogun will find that out soon enough though.

Uhh.. no, they're not. If Shogun is truly 100% when he returns and in tip top condition, he will kill both Rashad and Jon Jones. Mark my words.

Why the disrespect for the best Light heavyweight in MMA history, the same guy who has knocked out some of the biggest names in MMA. He might be less durable now. He doesn't fight for money, he fights because he loves to do it regardless of results.

However for him at his advanced age to dominate Rich before lunging into a short right hand....... says that he still has the fighters skill and mentality. He is a Hall of Famer who should be widely respected as a man who gave everything to a growing sport.

This is true. I just don't know that much about MMA. I always thought Chuck Liddell was a bad motherfucker though.

Impactplayer said:
People like Jon Jones and Rashad Evans are better than the current LHW Champion now too though. Shogun will find that out soon enough though./QUOTE]

:lmao: That's really funny dude. You have no idea how good Shogun is. No idea. Jon Jones and Rashad are nowhere NEAR Shogun's level.

Uhh.. no, they're not. If Shogun is truly 100% when he returns and in tip top condition, he will kill both Rashad and Jon Jones. Mark my words.

THIS.

And Chuck was a beast in his prime, but let's not pretend he wasn't hand fed opponents who would play to his strengths. Vernon White? Seriously? Come on now. The moment he was given a fighter who could out strike him and had enough wrestling to not be taken down in Rampage he was beaten.

:lmao: That's really funny dude. You have no idea how good Shogun is. No idea. Jon Jones and Rashad are nowhere NEAR Shogun's level.

Pretty sure he's a little more knowledgeable of the sport than you are Doug, I'm sure he knows who Shogun is...

And Despite Shogun being my second favorite fighter of all time, Rashad and Jones both present huge problems for him. To say they aren't anywhere near his level is stupid. Will Shogun beat both? Yeah I'd like to think so but I'm not a delusional idiot in thinking that neither are bad stylistic matchups for him.

Pretty sure he's a little more knowledgeable of the sport than you are Doug, I'm sure he knows who Shogun is...

And Despite Shogun being my second favorite fighter of all time, Rashad and Jones both present huge problems for him. To say they aren't anywhere near his level is stupid. Will Shogun beat both? Yeah I'd like to think so but I'm not a delusional idiot in thinking that neither are bad stylistic matchups for him.

Sorry. I just found that statement to be funny. I understand Rashad would give Shogun some trouble. I just don't think that about Jones yet.

Man, if only soccer kicks and knees to the head of a downed opponent were legal in the UFC, then there definitely wouldn't be a single doubt in your mind.

However, regardless of that, I still have faith in Shogun. He's too good of a scrambler to let Rashad lay on him for 5 Rounds (plus Rashad will gas by the 3rd, anyway), and Jon Jones is still unproven on the ground, so I think there's a strong possibility we'd get to see vintage Shogun against him and lock in one of those brutal leg locks (ala the Kevin Randleman fight).

I hope your face is red, because I'd be embarrassed too if I were trying to post something in a thread that I knew absolutely nothing about. For you to insinuate that you know what your going on about is laughable.

For you to say that a former Light Heavyweight Champion and the prodigy coming through the scene right are no where near the level of Shogun is an ignorant response and shows how little you really know on this sport.

Now go jump on a different bandwagon before you get called out for knowing next to nothing about this subject.

He like most BJJ practitioners will have a bad night with wrestlers in high regard like Rashad or Jon Jones. They are also good strikers with Jon Jones an unorthodox striker making it hard for defense. Rashad is also a good, neat MMA boxer with some fast hands and also a good counter fighter (discounting Thiago Silva or Quinton Jackson dropping and the latter strong arming him to the ground due to being more circumstance rather than skill). Please JMT don't make excuses for Shogun people fight injured or hurt all time time, if not they aren't training hard enough.

Wrestlers who are busy in the case of Rashad or Jones will always prove a bad night for Shogun, he is too aggressive and will come into every takedown from wrestlers like these 2. Shogun subbing from his back is slim to nil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back