Breaking News: Piper's Pit On SD! Tonight

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Earlier this afternoon, WWE sent out a text to their mobile alert subscribers announcing that there would be an edition of Piper's Pit on tonight's Live SmackDown!. Piper was one of the legends already announced & advertised to appear on the show last week and his guest tonight is going to be former WHC Daniel Bryan.

This segment is an excellent opportunity for Bryan to interact with one of the best talkers in wrestling history and a respected legend. It could also be a great way to build heat on himself, especially if he smacks Piper around a little bit. After all, not only is Piper a beloved legend, he's also officially a senior citizen. Bryan himself had a great promo this past Friday on SD! and I'm looking forward to seeing if he can hold his own with Hot Rod.

inb4 Yes!

This is a tremendous idea. I want to see DBD continue to be promoted. Please WWE Creative, don't drop the ball on DBD like you did with Punk.

Specifically because of this news, I will watch Smackdown tonight. The last time I watched Smackdown it was that Christmas special in November. I hope this show exceeds my very low expectations.

This is a wonderful surprise! The Piper's Pit is always good for an interesting segment, at the very least, and I think Piper and Bryan will be one hell of a combination. Bryan has been on a roll for a while now, but he's really caught fire as of late. This segment with Piper can be an awesome point for him to build off of, especially since he just lost his World Heavyweight Championship. Not only will he have an all-time great in Piper to work off of, but if he has an impressive showing, I'm sure the crowd will not hesitate to be heard -- especially since the Piper's Pit has always been very over with the crowd.

I look for Bryan to assert himself on the mic some more tonight, but most of all, I look forward to how he and Piper work together. As a matter of fact, I'm quite confident the segment will very well be a highlight of the night. Piper -- who, like you said, is a legendary talker -- will only make it easier on Bryan to impress, because he can very easily take the lead and give the crowd what they want. I'm hoping for a nice verbal showdown, then maybe even an assault -- just to further Bryan's character. Should be fun to watch, no doubt.

Obviously WWE can't please everyone- and I certainly am already bored with this idea. Every single time there is anything to do with legends, out marches Roddy Piper. He is not a great addition to WWE tv- he hardly was back in his heyday. Piper never hit that top tier level of superstar and probably not even the second tier. WWE has plenty of old timers that have barely been used in the past 15 or 20 years- why not bring them out for some real nostalgia? Why keep bringing out the same 5 guys? Come on they own all WCW and ECW footage- think of what WWE could really do with legends and using legends on their network- pay money and bring out Hogan, Warrior, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, Sid Vicious, Kevin Nash, X-Pac,

Wow! Bryan has been absolutely fantastic on the mic recently, and Piper's Pit segments are almost always interesting. This should be good.

Probably a last ditch effort to try to keep him heel.

The fans cheering him for the things he said about AJ last week was not good. If that continues they might as well just turn him babyface. I hope he starts to draw heat again. He is a boring babyface.

Obviously WWE can't please everyone- and I certainly am already bored with this idea. Every single time there is anything to do with legends, out marches Roddy Piper. He is not a great addition to WWE tv- he hardly was back in his heyday. Piper never hit that top tier level of superstar and probably not even the second tier. WWE has plenty of old timers that have barely been used in the past 15 or 20 years- why not bring them out for some real nostalgia? Why keep bringing out the same 5 guys? Come on they own all WCW and ECW footage- think of what WWE could really do with legends and using legends on their network- pay money and bring out Hogan, Warrior, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, Sid Vicious, Kevin Nash, X-Pac,

This is one of kidding posts right?

Warrior? Really?
Sid Vicious? Really???
X-Pac a "legend?" Really?????
Kevin Nash was JUST back for a stint not that long ago
Shawn Michaels is under contract so WWE can have him make appearances (he was just here for Mania)
Hogan? Come on man

Also Piper is great. I enjoy seeing him whenever they bring him back

Again, I'm hoping you're kidding.

The problem I have with this is that Bryan doesn't deserve to attack Piper, who although not a good technical wrestler, was one of the tougher brawlers in WWF history. Now already fans want to see Bryan, a really good technician in the ring cheapen himself in something he can't nearly do half as well as Piper could, against Roddy of all people. That sign is just a disgrace.

Pipers Pit should be great. I expect many YES! chants. Piper and Bryan will be pretty interesting. Wonder what will go down? Any physical altercation? Will Bryan find his next feud? Will he be offered his rematch? I am pretty interested.

Don't really see this as "breaking news". Anytime Piper is advertised for Smackdown or RAW, you can bet that there will be a Piper's Pit segment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back