Bram Arrested, Suspended Indefinitely by TNA; UPDATE: Reinstated, Charges Dropped

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
TNA has been advised by the Gulfport, Florida Police Department that Thomas Latimer, known as Bram, has been arrested and charged with two felony counts of domestic battery and false imprisonment. TNA is working to gather facts and obtain additional information related to the arrest.

“The charges against Thomas Latimer are serious, and he is immediately and indefinitely suspended from any future TNA-sanctioned events awaiting the outcome of the case,” said TNA Executive Vice President of Television and Talent John Gaburick.

The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office booked Bram on two felony charges; one for domestic battery by strangulation, and another for false imprisonment. Pinellas County says Latimer is still awaiting trial.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/615...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

--

I think we can all agree this almost certainly ends the career of Bram in TNA?

The report doesn't really get into specifics, but based on issues like this in pro-sports, I'm inclined to agree that this is the end of the line for young Bram. Nothing has been proven, but I don't understand what's up with these guys man. Yes, its a black eye (no pun intended whatsoever) on TNA. But the bigger picture is the psyche of athletes and the urge to go off on women. I'm of the mindset that no one should assault anybody, period. This trend is really bothering me to the point where I damn near want to boycott sports in general, mainly due to stupidity, lack of maturity and common sense.

Nothing says "I appreciate the seriousness of these charges" like low-hanging fruit jokes, eh?

And Luckily it's not Charlotte Flair? No one is "lucky" here. It's sad, regardless of who the victim is, and sad that Bram himself seems to have squandered the second chance TNA gave him in the first place after he ruined his chances with WWE with the batter on a law enforcement officer charge years ago.

Nothing says "I appreciate the seriousness of these charges" like low-hanging fruit jokes, eh?

Well, I'm not alone at least...

https://twitter.com/TNABreakingNews/status/638386271245758464

And Luckily it's not Charlotte Flair? No one is "lucky" here. It's sad, regardless of who the victim is, and sad that Bram himself seems to have squandered the second chance TNA gave him in the first place after he ruined his chances with WWE with the batter on a law enforcement officer charge years ago.

I think you missed the part where I said "sadly" it's his new girlfriend on the receiving end. Charlotte has context in the story as she's his ex, she's also someone many people here would be fans of so she has a more significant part in this to people who'll read the story than the actual victim. That's what I mean't. As for Bram, he obviously has issues.

I just read it and thought immediately that he had beat up Charlotte Flair. I had no idea that they were divorcing. He sounds like an absolute ass, and I guess the fact that he already beat up someone else a couple of years ago didn't teach him anything.

What a prat.

Ya can't be choking on people.

Shame, dude is immensely talented but simply can not stop doing underhanded things.

If this were anything other than pro wrestling, id say he is finished. There is still an outside chance, but I can't see anyone wasting more time and energy on someone who still amounts to little more than a developmental prospect.

This guy needs to be removed from the wrestling business. He was entertaining in TNA, but clearly he has issues he's dealing with. The reason he's not in WWE anymore is because he was arrested and now he's gone from TNA for that reason. His career is pretty much finished at this point, don't see him coming back from this.

As others have said, I immediately thought of Charlotte when I saw this story. I'd say this is pretty much the last opportunity he'll have working at a high profile wrestling company in the United States. If he manages to beat the charges, though it'll still take time to do that, he may have luck finding work as a wrestler in Japan or Mexico but I doubt any high profile company here in the states will want to be associated with him.

I don't know how much legibility of the news we can take from this news. Because it was never mentioned the name of his "so called girlfriend" in that event. And there were no comments whether Bram had taken the liability for the accusation. Moreover, isn't Charlotte the girlfriend of Bram?

Anyhow we can't get into the conclusion unless we hear more specific details about the battery.

I don't know how much legibility of the news we can take from this news. Because it was never mentioned the name of his "so called girlfriend" in that event. And there were no comments whether Bram had taken the liability for the accusation. Moreover, isn't Charlotte the girlfriend of Bram?

Anyhow we can't get into the conclusion unless we hear more specific details about the battery.

What are you talking about? There's an actual arrest record for him from the Pinellas County Sherrif's Office (here), and TNA made a public statement about this, including their decision to suspend him indefinitely across every social network and on their website (here).

There's no specifics needed. Sure, he's not yet been found guilty, but he's been arrested and charged with two felony counts of domestic battery and false imprisonment. He's out on bond right now. The fact he's been charged is a pretty clear indication of the seriousness of the accusation.

he may have luck finding work as a wrestler in Japan
He will not get the Visa because his arrest for assaulting a cop is too recent. MVP had a long record of good behavior which helped him get his Visa after his incarceration. As for this: Bram is done in this business. If he gets convicted, he is getting deported. Maybe he can get work in a British company. But, his US days are over.

If Bram is found guilty, then I think his career as a wrestler in the US is done, and he'll have no-one to blame but himself. He blew his chance at a main roster spot in WWE when he was a member of The Ascension (the best one imo), and luckily TNA gave him a second opportunity, and a high-profile spot on the roster.

The dude obviously has problems or this kind of thing wouldn't keep happening. He's wrecking what could have been a very good career in wrestling. If he is able to remain in the US, he won't be getting work at the bigger companies. Such a waste of talent.

He'll be deported for sure, unless he already had his green card... but with a relatively short marriage, that might get looked at too.

Generally the US isn't THAT unforgiving if you have one cock up... Barrett got away with one cos the cop screwed up in identifying himself... but it cost him 6 months and a lot of form filling to get a new Visa... with 2 arrests/convictions - you're gone... "making his debut at ICW vs Grado, it's...Cameron Bram!"

According to PWInsider.com, The Florida State Attorney’s office has declined to prosecute Bram, real name Thomas Latimer, and the charges of domestic battery by strangulation and false imprisonment were dropped.

Latimer’s attorney issued the following statement, and police noted Bram will not be prosecuted, and plead not guilty, despite admitting to holding his girlfriend down by her throat and refusing to let her leave their bedroom:

“Our office is pleased to announce that Mr. Latimer’s case has been successfully resolved, resulting in a decision by the State Attorney’s office whereby they have declined to prosecute our client on the aforementioned charges. Our office has always maintained that once the entirety of the facts, evidence and witness statements are brought forth, our client would be exonerated of the allegations.”

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/631...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

--

Gaburick also tweeted that TNA have reinstated him: https://twitter.com/JohnGaburick/status/656171264210522112/photo/1

This is a huge win for them. Bram is/was clearly one of their brightest stars and one of the strongest "home grown" talents they'd been grooming for a large role in the future.

I guess the silver lining here for him is that despite being suspended, most of the footage of his matches has still aired in the last number of weeks/months, so it's not as though he'll be a forgotten face when he does return.

the weird thing in all of this is if you don'T follow wrestling on social media and wrestling websites. You couldn't tell at all that Bram was suspended from TNA. He was feature in every top angle that aired on impact wrestling since his suspension in august.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/631...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

--

Gaburick also tweeted that TNA have reinstated him: https://twitter.com/JohnGaburick/status/656171264210522112/photo/1

This is a huge win for them. Bram is/was clearly one of their brightest stars and one of the strongest "home grown" talents they'd been grooming for a large role in the future.

I guess the silver lining here for him is that despite being suspended, most of the footage of his matches has still aired in the last number of weeks/months, so it's not as though he'll be a forgotten face when he does return.

He's definitely going to have to toe the line though. I asked KB how bad was Bram's charge compared to other wrestler's and while he said not as bad it's still bad. Hopefully he can come back from it though. As a talent he's great and after EC3 is probably TNA's best young star

This story is absolutely insane. I haven't been following it since the charges were initially filed, so I hadn't heard that the charges had been dropped until I stumbled upon this thread today. I was just going on the assumption that Bram was still being shown on Impact because the shows had been taped before his arrest (that still could be the case, at least for some of them).

I still don't understand why the charges were dropped, nor who dropped them. Was it Bram's GF/ex, or The Florida State Attorney’s office who dropped the charges? Was there insufficient evidence? Was Bram's GF found incompetent or something?

Either way, this is fantastic news for TNA - and even better news for Bram. Felony charges are no joke, and jail time isn't fun for anyone. Bram had better watch his step though; I'm surprised TNA is giving him the benefit of the doubt (then again, I don't know the whole story - so I guess I shouldn't even be commenting on that).

This could lead to a slight change in Bram's character, too. When you know the story, Bram seems even more unstable, crazy & flat-out dangerous. I wonder if TNA will use any of Bram's legal background to enhance his character? Perhaps not, I suppose they don't want the negative publicity...but like I said - all of this could actually end up being a positive thing for Bram's character - and by proxy, his wrestling career.

This story is absolutely insane. I haven't been following it since the charges were initially filed, so I hadn't heard that the charges had been dropped until I stumbled upon this thread today. I was just going on the assumption that Bram was still being shown on Impact because the shows had been taped before his arrest (that still could be the case, at least for some of them).

I still don't understand why the charges were dropped, nor who dropped them. Was it Bram's GF/ex, or The Florida State Attorney’s office who dropped the charges? Was there insufficient evidence? Was Bram's GF found incompetent or something?

Either way, this is fantastic news for TNA - and even better news for Bram. Felony charges are no joke, and jail time isn't fun for anyone. Bram had better watch his step though; I'm surprised TNA is giving him the benefit of the doubt (then again, I don't know the whole story - so I guess I shouldn't even be commenting on that).

This could lead to a slight change in Bram's character, too. When you know the story, Bram seems even more unstable, crazy & flat-out dangerous. I wonder if TNA will use any of Bram's legal background to enhance his character? Perhaps not, I suppose they don't want the negative publicity...but like I said - all of this could actually end up being a positive thing for Bram's character - and by proxy, his wrestling career.

Negative publicity? This is perfect for Bram. Assuming the charges were dropped for logical reasons, this kind of makes him legit in the worst way possible.

The whole point about him is that he's insane, he's ultra violent. TNA should jump on this as soon as they can. Even mention it during the show, make it public that he got charged for this. You want real, that's real.

Negative publicity? This is perfect for Bram. Assuming the charges were dropped for logical reasons, this kind of makes him legit in the worst way possible.

The whole point about him is that he's insane, he's ultra violent. TNA should jump on this as soon as they can. Even mention it during the show, make it public that he got charged for this. You want real, that's real.

I was just kind of playing devil's advocate by mentioning the possible negative(s) involved. Bram's character had seemed a little over-the-top/cartoony, but with this news floating around Bram can maybe tone his character down a little - since this gives him some new "real" street cred. Not only does this prove he's legitimately crazy, but it also proves he can be downright dangerous.

The other unstable-madmen characters on TNA's roster include Abyss & Eric Young; but Bram has a "real" claim to being nuts. There are physical legal documents from The Florida State Attorney’s office that prove he's an unstable madman (allegedly, lol). Before all of this, EY, Abyss & Bram all seemed like they were just pretending to be crazy. Bram just stepped ahead of both of them in that department, but I wonder if TNA might be hesitant to capitalize. I agree with you, they totally should...but TNA might be scared of the backlash if they're too open about it (for instance, a battered women's group could get angry, etc).

In my opinion, Bram would be smart to start studying old Jake the Snake interviews. The quiet, methodical, sinister madman would work wonders; especially with this news blurring the wrestling & real worlds. This controversial news could take Bram all the way to main event status, if TNA starts booking him the right way. All I was saying when I mentioned "negative publicity" is that TNA/Dixie could see this (and Bram himself) as a gamble. When it's not our ass (or money) on the line, it's easy to say that a company should do this or that. In this politically correct era of television, you've gotta make sure you don't step on the wrong toes...especially if TNA really is looking for a new channel to run Impact in 2016 & beyond.

I just read it and thought immediately that he had beat up Charlotte Flair. I had no idea that they were divorcing. He sounds like an absolute ass, and I guess the fact that he already beat up someone else a couple of years ago didn't teach him anything.

What a prat.

He pretty much is. But it isn't the case when WWE put a gag order on Debra her is it? TNA is too small, like it couldn't be like Stone Cold vs Debra again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back