• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brad Pitt Wants To Retire From Acting In Three Years

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
So I was browsing around the net earlier today, and I found this interview with Brad Pitt. Pitt talks about his life and various other topics, and Pitt also talked about his future plans in Hollywood:

TARA BROWN: If Brad Pitt wants us to be surprised, then he’s left the best, and for his fans, the worst, til last. At the height of his fame and game, he’s preparing to turn his back on acting. How much longer would you like to do your business for?

BRAD: Three years.

TARA BROWN: Three years?

BRAD: Yeah.

TARA BROWN: And then what happens after three years?

BRAD: Hell if I know. Hell if I know. I am really enjoying the producing side and development of stories and putting those pieces together. And getting stories to the plate that might have had a tougher time otherwise, so...You know, I have gotten away with a few things in writing and I have been pissed off about a few things. How’s that?

You can read or watch the entire interview here: http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8372953

Pitt's vow to retire in three years does surprise me a lot. Brad Pitt is a big name in Hollywood, and he has starred in some highly praised films over the past few years. He received an Oscar nomination for his performance in The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, Inglorious Basterds isn't the best Quentin Tarantino film, but Basterds was still very entertaining and enjoyable, and Moneyball has received its fair share of Oscar buzz. Also, Pitt was hilarious in Burn After Reading, and he did deliver a very good performance as Jesse James. And when it comes to the future, Cogan's Trade sounds like a promising film, and World War Z could become one of the more popular zombie flicks, and fans of the novel will want to give this film a try.

Pitt has had a pretty lengthy career, I guess he's ready to hang up, and being in front of the camera just doesn't interest him anymore. But over the past few years, Pitt has been on fire, and he has been on top of his game. For years, Pitt was just known as the pretty boy sex symbol, but he slowly transformed into one of Hollywood's more respected and talented actors. Pitt's most recent films were a success at the box office, and his performances received a good amount of praise from critics, so why would he want to walk away so soon? Pitt seems to be a happy man, he's enjoying his life with Angelina Jolie and his children, but this announcement still feels so surprising. But when you stop and think about it, Pitt has done a lot in his long career, he has enough money, he just wants to bring his acting career to an end, and enjoy his family.

Brad Pitt's overall career has been a success. He probably won't be remembered as one of the all time greats, and he might not receive De Niro or Pacino like praise, but Pitt should be remembered as one the more talented and charismatic actors. Pitt has shown his versatility over the years, and his range as an actor is pretty damn good. He's not a powerful box office draw like Will Smith, and he probably won't receive the same iconic status as De Niro and Pacino, when it's all said and done, but Brad Pitt's career has been a success, he doesn't have too many stinkers on his track record, and Pitt will be remembered as one of the more popular mainstream actors.

What are your thoughts?

Well I certainly didn't see this one coming, but then again who did? I think if it's what Brad really wants to do it could be good, without acting he can still stay relevant in the film industry by producing and whatnot without the crazy schedule and demand of being a full time actor. Obviously I guy like Pitt could hang it up now and never work another day in his life but I think the fact that he is ending his time in front of the screen but planning on some time behind it shows that he really has a love for the business and that's a cool thing to see.

As an actor I always respected him, there are plenty of movies with him that I loved and a few of those movies are only looked upon fondly by me because of him. I wouldn't say he'll go down as a legend in Hollywood but he'll definitely be one of the names that's remembered in the future when talks of past actors come up. I look forward to seeing his last roles in the next three years, I wish him luck with his continued work behind the screen and I wish him the best in life, because he fucking got to marry Angelina Jolie.

Pitt has been apart of several of my favorite movies, including my all time favorite, Fight Club. I'm literally shocked that he has not won an Oscar yet, and I hope that this year he will finally get the prize with his impressive work in Moneyball.

I hope that whatever his last work is that it will be something grand he can go out on. It makes me feel old when I hear about actors like Brad Pitt leaving the acting scene. I remember him being the sexiest man alive when I was a kid. This is probably the first of many to retire/die from my childhood in this coming decade.

Meet Joe Black, Legends of the Fall, Interview with the Vampire, Fight Club, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Se7en are amongst my favorite films of all time. The guy has had the talent right from the start, he just had to get rid of that Sexy Young Male Actor label so he could be recognised as a great talent.

fight club is one of my favorite films. brad was awesome in that movie but so was edward norton. i think brad is doing the right thing. he is at the top of his game. he has done it all.

While I think overall, Brad Pitt is a giant twat, if he wants to move behind the camera, more power to him. He will hardly be the first actor to retire "early" to go behind the scenes. Hell, Ron Howard was already directing during his time on Happy Days. Some guys just feel more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back