"Bourne" to die?

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Evan Bourne since returning to the WWE has done nothing of significance. He has only one victory over Sheamus who was physically assaulted by Triple H before the match. Before leaving due to injury he was on the push of his life, beating the likes of Jericho, Edge, Sheamus Now he cannot pick up a victory and is being put into situations where he is destined to lose. What happened to the times when he was great? I think Evan Bourne is a great star but like the thread title says are some Bourne to die?

I think that Evan Bourne will be a future big star however is just in a slump with nobody to really feud with. I think what especially is hurting him right now is the debut of Sin Cara. I totally feel that if there were no Sin Cara debut he would be the one feuding with Sheamus and not Cara feuding with Sheamus. I think these two are too similar and honestly will be stealing each other’s spotlight if on the same show.

With that being said I think that I would want him in the title hunt. Whether on Smackdown or Raw I could care less however I strongly feel he needs to be in the title hunt. This guy is decent on the mic and good in the ring. WWE please make him do something instead of being part of groups like “Apple.”

But what do you think? Does he have a future, or is he Bourne to die?

Evan Bourne is the kind of wrestler that is meant for Smackdown. Raw is too crowded and despite his cool moves, he doesn't really bring anything special to the table.

I'd like to think that he has a future as a solid mid-carder. I wouldn't mind even seeing him in a regular tag team with someone like Kofi. Give them both something to do for a while.

Personally, I like Evan Bourne, he probably sells moves the best out of everybody in the Raw locker room right now, seeing him fold up like an accordion always makes my night lol. But anyways, I just don't think WWE has anything for him at this point in time, and maybe with the draft coming up he moves to Smackdown! and feuds with guys like Gabriel, Slater, Sin Cara etc.

Or he could stay on Raw and maybe team with Daniel Bryan, make a run at Gabriel/Slater in the tag team division, I think those matches could be phenomenal if given some time, but given the state of the Tag team division right now I just don't know. Its unfortunate he got injured when he did, cause now he probably isn't in line for a major push for awhile.

Evan Bourne is the kind of wrestler that is meant for Smackdown. Raw is too crowded and despite his cool moves, he doesn't really bring anything special to the table.

I tend to agree. I still don't see why Vince can't get over his ego and bring back the cruiserweight division. It was a big draw for WCW back in the day and even had a place on WWE television. With Sin Cara, Tyson Kidd, Evan Bourne, and even Rey Mysterio they could really have a pretty good 8 man division going that would provide quality curtain jerker matches. Its a good way to get over some smaller guys by giving them 6 to 8 minutes of spot monkey type spots that pop the crowd.

Not everyone on WWE's roster is meant to or deserving of the Main Event. Evan Bourne's purpose as of now is to open shows, get the crowd into it early, and put over talent. He is a glorified jobber and to be honest I don't think he should be used for much more.

Maybe if you move him to the mid-card where he can be in a U.S./I-C title hunt, I wouldn't mind him being a transitional champ. Honestly he was moved up the card last year because John Cena made his appreciation for him known. But after Bourne's body failed him when he needed it most, he lost his momentum. If anything he's have to work for awhile to get that back.

As far as the Cruiserweight Division...

WWE can't maintain a Tag Division, hell they don't even write much for the U.S. Title, and they ignore the Intercontinental Title altogether. They just put the mid-card belts on random people at random times with no story.

So there is no need for them to create/reinstate another Championship that they just wont write for. Maybe if they made the division basic....8 guys, tournament, champion. After that add one more to the group (9 total), make it simply each show have a 3 way match and after 3 weeks, the winners take on the champ in a 4-way Dance at the PPV. Make it the 1st match and then you don't have to write stories.

Evan Bourne would do well over on SmackDown! I think. He's been out for so long with his injury and he happened to come back right smack in the middle of WrestleMania season. He was bound to get lost in the shuffle as there were certainly bigger things to focus on at that time than Bourne.

It's been rumored that the WWE Draft won't be until sometime in June as that's when the next 3 hour Raw episodes are scheduled for. Bourne could head to SmackDown! and possibly find a fresh start for himself. I'd say either that or he'll wind up getting released before long.

Evan Bourne's return was pretty cool and even I was marking out. The guy is fun to watch and I think he does have a promising future. I believe John Cena is a big fan of the kid, so maybe that will help him down the line. I think once the draft roles around Bourne will be a pretty solid pickup for the blue brand in the supplemental draft. Bourne's offense is entertaining and can really get the crowd into it. Bourne could really do some good things on SD as he'd fit right into the style that generally runs SD and that is wrestling based.

i like Evan Bourne. he's very talented. I've seen some of his work on the indies and yeah i think he should be on SD!! with WWE gettting all these smaller guys, they should bring back a title these guys can go after or something

Not everyone on WWE's roster is meant to or deserving of the Main Event. Evan Bourne's purpose as of now is to open shows, get the crowd into it early, and put over talent. He is a glorified jobber and to be honest I don't think he should be used for much more.

Maybe if you move him to the mid-card where he can be in a U.S./I-C title hunt, I wouldn't mind him being a transitional champ. Honestly he was moved up the card last year because John Cena made his appreciation for him known. But after Bourne's body failed him when he needed it most, he lost his momentum. If anything he's have to work for awhile to get that back.

As far as the Cruiserweight Division...

WWE can't maintain a Tag Division, hell they don't even write much for the U.S. Title, and they ignore the Intercontinental Title altogether. They just put the mid-card belts on random people at random times with no story.

So there is no need for them to create/reinstate another Championship that they just wont write for. Maybe if they made the division basic....8 guys, tournament, champion. After that add one more to the group (9 total), make it simply each show have a 3 way match and after 3 weeks, the winners take on the champ in a 4-way Dance at the PPV. Make it the 1st match and then you don't have to write stories.

Thank you, I agree totally with your first paragraph. It seems like the IWC wants to make everyone the next big thing. Bottomline is this: I have watched wrestling for over 20 years now and you can tell by someones look and charisma if they will ever excel.

Bourne has no charisma and is too small to ever be a legit main eventer. Its just not going to happen. If Bourne ever wins a WORLD title I will quit watching wrestling, thats how convinced I am he is nothing. Now, what I mean by nothing is he will never get sold as "the man". The guy can flat out wrestle but everything else he is crappy in those categories.

Theres just guys that you can look at and know they will never be great. There is another guy that the Universe is obsessed with that will NEVER be the World Champ and that is Bryan. That is for another thread though.

I mean look back at ALL of the guys that have held World Title, like not just a fluke 2 week reign, I mean the big boys like Savage, Hogan, Austin, Rock, HHH. Can you seriously look at Bourne and say he is going to be like one of them? No way. So yes I believe Air Bourne will die in WWE and end up in TNA doing what he is supposed to. Showcasing his crazy skills in the x-division/cruiserweight divisions>

Just because he isn't some roided-up freak doesn't mean he shouldn't still be getting some better spotlight. I feel like along with changing the company's name WWE really seems to be on a mission to lose genuine WRESTLING from the programing. This was never more obvious than when the Sheamus/Bryan match got snubbed at Mania.

There are a handful of guys that while they may lack that certain look or charisma everyone seems so hung up on, are all undeniably fantastic wrestlers, this list includes guys like Evan Bourne, Primo, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, etc.

I know there are of course always exceptions to the rule, but if you take off the rose colored glasses, can anyone really say that Chris Benoit, or even Bret Hart for that matter we're all that charismatic? Or that they had some amazing look? No, not really. In both cases they did their talking in the ring, and were both hugely respected for it, both winning the title at very significant Wrestlemanias.

I absolutely think that given the right opportunities against quality opponents someone like Evan Bourne could make it to the top, if Vince would ever allow it to happen, because it certainly isn't a lack of talent that's holding him back.

It's really hard to make a judgement call on whether or not Bourne is destined to be a glorified jobber for life since he made his return in the middle of Wrestlemania season. As noted earlier, it's not a good time to make a debut or a return since WWE was building on bigger things like the title matches and the Cena/Rock feud. Bourne wasost in the shuffle and it didn't really come as a surprise.

What Bourne probably needs right now is a fresh start and I feel that getting drafted to Smackdown would do wonders for him as Smackdown is usually where the young talent gets built up before moving to RAW. I feel he'd really get over with the Smackdown audience and be a very solid upper midcarder who competes for the world title sporadically. I can also easily see him winning the IC title.

I like Bourne, even though his huge frog mouth creeps me out a little.

Small guys like him have a long, long way to the top. If a smaller guy makes it it's because he has proven fo a long time on the lower and midcard that he can't be ignored. It's not impossible, after all there is this one guy everybody knows who succeeded. But since Rey did (even though it took the death of a legend to make it possible) the way is paved for other small guys to achieve the same. Does Bourne have the longevity to make it to the top? I wouldn't bet a whole lot of money on it, but I sure hope so.

The story of Evan Bourne is the same story for lots of midcard/lower midcard wrestlers. Not everyone needs to become main event, or not even upper midcarder. Bourne can be the guy who jobs to the guy who jobs for a midcard belt, who cares. But if you are giving someone air time make him a bit more relevant, give him a bit more time to shine. A couple of weeks ago against Del Rio, he wasn't even announced properly. With Del Rio's song hasn't finished, while people are booing Del Rio, his name was announced which was hardly noticed. S.D. Jones got more proper introduction before he jobbed to Bundy when he lost in 9 seconds. Making a guy a jobber is one thing, making him look like shit is another. As I said not everyone needs to be a headliner but if you give them air time, might as well act like he is a character. And why can't he be involved in a storyline? We had those wrestling matches in 80's with no storyline and only wrestling. Even if he jobs today, why couldn't they involve another guy, maybe a beatdown after the match. As I said, if you are giving air time, why not have something for them as well. It's simply lazy booking.

Guys like Bourne make me wish that there was a still a light-heavyweight/cruiserweight division in WWE. I miss the high impact, high flying style of wrestling that WCW seemed to excel in for so many years, with the talent they had at the time (including Rey Mysterio). Bourne would pull of some great matches with Sin Cara, Primo or Rey, given the chance.

I really do hope they draft bourne to smackdown on the next draft, he could be huge there because smackdown is in desperate need for good mid carders. He could have more time for better feuds, title shots and maybe eventually get into the main event picture.

the smarks LOVE bourne because of his KEWL MOVEZ!!!!! CUM!!!!!! I LOVE KEWL MOVEZ COZ I THINK THAT MAKES A GUY GREAT!!!!!

however, he's small, and while he sells like a motherfucker and his comebacks are exciting, mainstream audiences descriminate on size. I hate it, you hate it, but it's true. It's about believability. He can pull some upsets. However, a sustained win streak I don't think the crowd will buy.

It's my hope that he continues to sell well, continues to get those really nice pops he gets and the courtesy applause for his effort and has a nice 10 year career of opening shows and making monsters look like a million bucks. You might say that he's not rewarded for that if he jobs all the time. However, if he's a true professional he won't mind. As Scott Hall once said "I'm not a mark for the belt, job me every night I don't care, just pay me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back