Bound For Glory: Tag Team Invitational Tournament: Monster's Ball

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
TAG TEAM INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Currently it looks as if Abyss/Matt Morgan as well as Team 3D are involved, with more teams to be announced. The only question I have is, will this be another Pay per view surrounding some-odd 8 matches to the Tag Team division?

I mean, it's a Tournament and it's apparently going to all take place at Bound For Glory. I say add 4 more teams, and have 3 'Qualifying Rounds' at the p.p.v., with the 3 advancing teams going into a Triple Threat Elimination match. But don't take up your biggest Pay per view of the year, with nothing but random (and sometimes stupid) Tag teams.

My guess is the likes of Chris Saban/Alex Shelley, Rock N' Rave, Prince Justice Brotherhood, and L.A.X. (or Christian Cage/A.J. Styles) will be the other randomly added teams.

I think a Tag Team Tormoil match, of sorts, for the Tag Team Championships would've been better served on a p.p.v. of this importance, but I guess the filler matches in between the 3-4 big matches will be Tag team contests leading to either new Champions, (crowned on iMPACT!) or just more filler matches for Pay per views to come.

What are everyone's thoughts? Please explain why you feel the way you do. Add detail. Thank you.

What's the point of this? I haven't seen imPACT, and Will's thread is just too darn long. But is this just a tag tournament for a title shot? What is the point? They had a tag tournament just 6 months ago at Sacrifice, and it was one of the biggest piles of shit I've ever seen.

I lied, I did read Will's post. So all of these matches are happening at Bound For Glory? You'd think that with this ebing TNA's biggest show of the year they would have thought up some really intresting, feud related matches. I even came up with some weeks ago. I had most of the main event matches made. This is pointless. Does TNA not know that you don't have to put every wrestler on your roster on each card?

They should have had Morgan turn on Abyss at the last PPV, that's one match there. And just add the Fight For Your Right match. It's shit, but at least it's shit in one match, instead of 8 shitty ones.

I really hope this tournament doesn't all take place at the ppv. While I can't imagine they'd allow 7 tags on the same show and there would be some byes in there somewhere, a one night tournament hardly ever works because the people just get sick of seeing them over and over again all night. Also, what does this do for Beer Money? Are the tag champions not even going to be on the show? This many matches also takes away from others on the card. TNA doesn't have 8 teams anyway. 5-6, but not 8. This is absurd as always.

Everyone is reading this match wrong. This isn't a bracket tournament like Sacrifice. I think the Tag Team Invitational will be one match featuring many tag teams like the Fight for the Right Tournament was. I highly doubt there will be multiple matches. Watch and learn

Everyone is reading this match wrong. This isn't a bracket tournament like Sacrifice. I think the Tag Team Invitational will be one match featuring many tag teams like the Fight for the Right Tournament was. I highly doubt there will be multiple matches.

Taken off tnawrestling.com:

Featuring Abyss & Matt Morgan, Team 3D and more names TBA

Not really the fans problem if they interpret TOURNAMENT as being a regula tournament. It the backwards world of TNA saying tournament makes sense to them. But regular folk it doesn't. If they have to explain the rules of the Tournament then they should just come up with a new name instead. They probably won't even explein the rules until the actual show. That'll take them about 10 minutes. And you're right, the end result will probably just be a Fight For The Right match.

Watch and learn

You are joking.

Wasn't the "Fight For The Right" match the type of contest in which everyone brawls outside the ring and fights to get IN the ring.. then another match begins, or the "official" match begins?

If that's the case, this is going to be even worse than the single's version. You have some Tag Teams, why not use them all in a regular multi-team match? Knowing T.N.A. this is just some high-built way to get Abyss/Matt Morgan v. Team 3D in a rematch, without actually building it that way. Then again..

tnawrestling.com said:
Featuring Abyss & Matt Morgan, Team 3D and more names TBA

Nevermind.. it's going to end up being Abyss/Morgan v. Team 3D.

Pretty much. I don't see why they can't just make that match to begin with. It's the same as having a tag tournament based off odd couple tag teams, having two established teams in the finals, and making no new teams out of the odd ones you put together. So really it's pointless.

TNA should, and I stress should have the final sorted. If that's so they should cut the bullshit and just make that match at BFG.

I'm just saying that TNA has learned from holding a one night tournament on PPV featuring many non-tourney matches. What will likely happen is that it will indeed be like Fight for the Right where a battle royal style match will be held at the PPV and tag team brackets will be determined from there or it is just a multi-team melee.

There is a chance they could have a tournament but with the other matches on the card, they should know better.

-Sting vs Joe
-Angle vs Jarrett
-Cage vs Booker/AJ or Cage and AJ vs Booker and Frank Trigg
-Tag Team Invitational Match
-Steel Asylum
-Knockouts Championship
-Tag Team Championship

and many more

What are everyone's thoughts? Please explain why you feel the way you do. Add detail. Thank you.

So now it's been confirmed on iMPACT! that not only is this apparently an open Tag Team invitational, but it's also now going to be contested under Monster's Ball rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original concept of Monster's Ball to be for the individuals to go 24 hours in a straight jacket, in a padded room all locked up.. or something crazy like that? So now, because no one knows exactly what all teams will be in.. how would they know who to lock up?

And just so everyone is aware, they're mainly building this as Team 3D against Matt Morgan and Abyss.. with the possibility of other teams joining. I'd laugh if no other teams ended up joining, and this was the first-ever "Tag Team invitational" that had 2 teams. LOL

My guess is if any other teams do join in, it won't be many. Why have a massive amount of people in the ring with a ton of weapons when you're trying to center the storyline on Morgan and Abyss likely breaking up and feuding?

Possibly one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Like I said, if they're building towards Morgan & Abyss vs. 3D then why don't they just have it? They really don't need to get every shitty mid card wrestler on to this PPV. It will happily survive without any of the multiple cruiserweights that won't make it into the Terrordome.

MONSTER'S BALL WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:
Champions Beer Money Inc. vs. Team 3D vs. The Latin American Xchange vs. Abyss & Matt Morgan
Special Referee: Steve "Mongo" McMichael

That's now the official match. Not exactly sure why Steve McMichael is involved in this match, or why TNA would even bring him in. Yeah he was a member of the 4 Horsemen. But it's not like he was a popular member, or even an important member. His involvment in this match is baffling to me. If they wanted a special ref, which they don't need, I'm sure they could finsh some sort of Hardcore Icon. Possibly somebody like Terry Funk, The Sandman or Raven.

so it's now Team 3D vs Morgan & Abyss vs LAX vs Beer Money Inc for the Tag Titles.

I want to see Beer Money win because they are the only team who deserves it. LAX should split soon because they are holding each other back. Homocide should be in the X Divison and Hernandez should be working to become Main Event.

It's just a way to combine the 2 fueds.

I hope they do it as usual, locked away without food and water for 24 hours before the match or at least tell us that happened otherwise it's just a fancy name for a Street Fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back