Bound For Glory 'Surprise'

ztwhite

The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
It's been 15 years since we saw the biggest surprise... arguably... in wrestling history. In 2001, Shane McMahon made a live appearance at WCW's Night Of Champions via satellite from Cleveland, where Raw was currently taking place. Long story short... and most of us know the details... WCW was now owned and controlled by WWE (or WWF at the time).

Based on what we've been reading in recent weeks, any chance we see a similar situation this Sunday at TNA's Bound For Glory? It certainly looks like there has been a soft deadline set for a deal to be completed for TNA by the time the PPV kicks off, since there doesn't seem to be any money left to cover the expenses. Of course, Billy Corgan or Dixie Carter -- who the hell is running TNA, right now -- could always beg, borrow and steal the cash, which is likely what will happen.

Either way, if WWE does indeed acquire TNA, is an announcement like the one made in 2001 the way to go? Or do they simply hold Bound For Glory and say goodbye?

Keep in mind, the internet was in its infancy back in 2001 and a very small portion of wrestling fans (if any) knew about the WWF / WCW acquisition. In 2016, a majority of wrestling fans would know the news before it could be revealed on the PPV.

Actually WWE buying WCW was pretty well known. The surprise was Shane showing up on WCW, not them buying WCW.

WCW was much bigger than TNA. This would be a low level purchase. Not a ton of people would really care unlike WCW. I wouldn't do anything except send out a press release and leave it that. Let them do BFG and then end it. TNA isn't big enough to warrent a WCW like storyline.

Based on Corgan's interview on Busted Open Radio earlier today, I think the bigger surprise might be him standing in the ring declaring his total ownership stake, pronouncing BFG to be the final night in TNA's history, only to establish an entirely new company on the bones of TNA.

At least that's what I hope.

I hope WWE does not buy out TNA. It would be cool to see Corgan announce the death of TNA and the birth of GFW! Wait...wrong person never mind.

If Corgan does win the ownership of TNA hopefully a rebranding happens with a better name. Just change it to Impact Wrestling and call it a day.

Nothing really happens any more in wrestling. If WWE buys TNA it will be the most talked about thing in years. 5% of me wants wwe to purchase TNA, so talent like EC3, DJZ, the Wolves, etc could get more world wide recognition.

The other 95% is with TNA until the very end. This upcoming show should be great and rival the excellent product that Smackdown put out. Then BFG has the potential to be one of the best ppvs in any promotion in years.
I personally am not putting too much into these reports as Dixie has proven to be stubborn and hard to get rid of, which is what has kept TNA afloat all these years.

I know it's been said before, but it would be cool if Billionaire Ted himself partnered with Corgan, and bought TNA. Yes, he has nothing to do with Time Warner now, but he does have funds. Perhaps the 2 of them could swing a deal on a better network. I always thought WGN would be a great fit for Impact.

I think the big surprise is if BFG happens AT ALL! Remember, somebody has to lay out 6 figures to get BFG going. If Billy Corgan is not going to get TNA, do you HONESTLY believe that he will fund BFG? Earl Carter is not about to write the check. Aeroluxe is owed a fortune. Fight Network is owed a fortune. Look, if these nimrods REALLY wanted to bag TNA on the cheap, they should force it into Chapter 11. Then, it will be up to the Special Master who gets it. Corgan has a better chance that way.

I find it strange that this website has reported WWE having an interest in signing the Hardys but also reporting they want to acquire TNA in it's entirety. It would not surprise me though as WWE recently seem more determined to acquire former TNA/ROH talents (and realise that the majority of wrestling fans the world over know and respect these talents) then they do on training and pushing their own talents.

I find it strange that this website has reported WWE having an interest in signing the Hardys but also reporting they want to acquire TNA in it's entirety. It would not surprise me though as WWE recently seem more determined to acquire former TNA/ROH talents (and realise that the majority of wrestling fans the world over know and respect these talents) then they do on training and pushing their own talents.
It is cheaper in the long term to do this. With a new talent, it takes months to train them at a heavy cost. By going after trained talent, they make money off them immediately.

Wouldn't be surprise if you get some sort of announcement about the state of tna at bound for glory. They will have time to fill anyway with some of the matches that might get cancel due to lack of money.

By the rumours it might be that finances are in place for BFG & the next set of tapings to go ahead.

If that's true then it gives TNA some breathing space and time to get any buy out complete.

I would think if they tape 8 weeks or so of content at the upcoming tapings then December will be full of ONO's, Final Deletion Series, Best Of etc. to get them through to January.

By the rumours it might be that finances are in place for BFG & the next set of tapings to go ahead.

If that's true then it gives TNA some breathing space and time to get any buy out complete.

I would think if they tape 8 weeks or so of content at the upcoming tapings then December will be full of ONO's, Final Deletion Series, Best Of etc. to get them through to January.

Yea, I've heard the same. Looks like Vince put in a cheap bid, because that's the type of leech he is. Looks like TNA has survived to fight another day. (Yet again)

How many times can TNA get by until they run out of time? Sooner or later Dixie will pull a Jack and Jerry Brisco and sell her 70% to WWE.

How many times can TNA get by until they run out of time? Sooner or later Dixie will pull a Jack and Jerry Brisco and sell her 70% to WWE.
I blame the creditors. If they REALLY wanted her gone, they could have gone to court, and had TNA's offices padlocked. Either seize the company from her, or force her into Chapter 11 or Chapter 7. Corgan/Aroluxe could get TNA on the ridiculous cheap. Problem is, so could VKM. The reason for that is it would be up to the Special Master that the Bankruptcy Court will appoint. All three will put in bids for TNA. And, it will be TNA in its ENTIRETY. Things are about to get interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back