Bound For Glory: Magnus vs Sting

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
600magnussting.jpg

Magnus dominated the BFG Series but failed in the Finals to win. Following that, EGO has showed to have Magnus in various matches including a Gauntlet Match leading Magnus to believe he'll never reach the potential the rest of M.E.M. claims he has. Enter Sting, a pep talk, discussion of the first Clash Of The Champions match of Sting vs Flair and it being Sting's big break. Magnus asks who'll give him his big break and Sting retorts "ME!".

The stage is now set for the young Magnus to go one on one with the "Icon" himself, Sting. Can Magnus make his career? Or is Sting and the rest of the Mafia wrong about him?

Great intro to the thread! :)

Before tonights segment I didn't see this coming. I definitely think Magnus will become only the 2nd person to defeat Sting at BFG, and then maybe contend for a title shot. I love this match because Sting has been one of Magnus' biggest supporters in TNA. Its one of those matches that are going to mean a lot personally for both talents, and be fun to look back at. Magnus vs The Icon! It will be interesting to see what kind of direction the build up / feud takes in the next 2 weeks. Also I wouldnt be surprised if Magnus turns heel down the near road. A heel fresh Magnus vs AJ for the title kind of pops interest in me.

I thought the way they went about setting up the match was dumb and awkward however, I am interested in the aftermath. Let's say Magnus wins everyone was right then he challenges for the title eventually and wins it and has a celebratory moment with MEM that would be interesting. Or, they could have Magnus lose be all depressed and like man I suck then maybe have him get "put out of action" on the following Impact then come back as a total beast winning all his matches eventually the title then maybe a feud with Sting over it. There are two different ways I see this playing out and I'm interested in both of them.

I actually liked the way it was set up. I loved the mention of Flair/Sting from The Clash. I think this match is for Sting to put over Magnus. I see Magnus getting a clean victory over Sting. Should be a great match, and that is really the only ending that makes sense to me.

It's amazing to believe, but given the build from this week and the fact that it's Sting, this seems to be the semi-main event of the show. That quite the hop for Magnus. Given the storyline, Magnus should get the win. Unless there's plans to turn him heel to set him up as a potential next challenger should AJ Styles win the title.

I agree with everyone that Magnus will be picking up the win here. Getting a win over sting at TNA biggest ppv is a great way to get put over. I've been really impressed with Magnus of late and this match with sting should be very good.

What a match for Magnus to have. I mean Sting sucks a big one, has done for years, but for a talent like Magnus to have a match like this mush mean the world to him. It seems that sticking with TNA really has benefitted him.

On the flip side, why is a legend like Sting involved in a match like this? It doesn't matter how TNA promote it. It's a nothing match.

This was awkwardly put together but I like the way Sting referenced the match with Flair that put him on the map. My guess is Magnus wins but not cleanly as I think he'll end up being Dixie's guy to go after the title once AJ has it.

I'd like for Magnus to get the win, but I'm not so sure he does. There are a few ways to go with him, perhaps him turning heel again. Thing is will EGO get involved in this match as well? Personally, a heel Magnus wouldn't be a bad thing, so long as he doesn't align himself with Dixie.

I loved the way this match was set up, "ME! I'M GONNA PUT YOU ON THE MAP!" actually marked out :lmao: I hope Magnus wins but TNA logic says he doesn't... I mean they really do have a hard on for Sting. So I say the Mag Daddy loses, continues on his downward spiral turning heel in the process.

But I really hope I'm proved wrong and that he does beat Sting because that'll be a great moment for him.

The angle seems to be veering towards Magnus getting increasingly annoyed and insecure over not getting the job done, I imagine he'll snap on Sting who he may feel is patronizing him. I think Magnus will win but the heel turn feels inevitable in the process and will be best for Magnus long term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back