Booker T VS Shawn Michaels

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
So I was browsing around the internet, and I came across an interview with Bokker T. The highlights of the interview included him commenting on his role in TNA, and his time in WCW. There was one thing that really stood out to me in this interview. Booker said the one guy he wants to wrestle one on one is HBK. If you want to check out the interview here's the link, http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/13832. This match has always been on my dream match list. I think HBK and Booker could put on one hell of a show. I know it's real long shot, but let's just say Booker came back to WWE. Would you want to see this match? Would it be a Wrestlemania level match or should it just happen on some other random PPV?​

Absolutely I'd want to see this. HBK can pretty much light it up with anyone he sets in the ring with. I'll never forget him wrestling Shelton Benjamin in '05 on RAW. One of the most underrated matches on RAW ever. Just imagine if Shelton had the mic skills of Booker T, with a proper story surrounding it. That program could sell a ton of seats for a couple months at PPVs.

i dont think WWE would build it correctly though seeing how they pretty much messed up Booker's career in the sense that he came with the package of wrestlers from WCW. Don't get me wrong, his talent wasn't wasted, but i would like to see this match at a PPV or wrestlemania atmosphere, but it wouldn't be booked right if it was that. Seems like HBK has been a good name as of late to have wrestlers comment on in regards to facing someone they havent faced before...especially veteran wrestlers.

i dont think WWE would build it correctly though seeing how they pretty much messed up Booker's career in the sense that he came with the package of wrestlers from WCW. Don't get me wrong, his talent wasn't wasted, but i would like to see this match at a PPV or wrestlemania atmosphere, but it wouldn't be booked right if it was that. Seems like HBK has been a good name as of late to have wrestlers comment on in regards to facing someone they havent faced before...especially veteran wrestlers.

How was Booker T's career messed up exactly? After the WWE took over WCW and over the course of his career in the WWE, Booker T won two world titles, three US titles, had an IC title reign, won four tag titles, became King of the Ring and, as King Booker, actually did something that I found quite entertaining overall.

As for Booker T/HBK, I wouldn't be too thrilled about it. Let's face facts, HBK is well out of Booker's leage and pretty much always has been. When it comes to match quality, ability to give promos, feuds, getting over, and overall entertainment value he's far out of Booker's league. I've never really been all that crazy about Booker T overall, his time as King Booker is the only time I've ever really liked the guy. When I think of Booker T, I mostly just think of a solid performer that's had a few main event runs but has never been in a match or had a feud that put him over the top for me. In all honesty, I can't really remember any sort of "epic" feud or match that made me say "Whoa, look at this guy". If Booker T had come to the WWF in the late 90s, I think there's a good chance his career would've been different. By the time he came to the WWE, the only thing I really remembered about the guy that did the spin-a-rooney, or however you spell it, had some runs with the WCW Championship when the company was on life support and that's about it.

I think a match between Booker T vs HBK has the potential to steal the show if it was put in a PPV. I know a lot of people doubt Booker T's ability to really make people care about his matches, but there is no question he can go in the ring. Just go back and look at any of his matches with Benoit in the best of seven series or his match with HHH at wrestlemania 19. He and HBK are both great workers in the ring, it would all depend on how the match is built up, but I'd definitely watch a pay per view with that match on the card.

Um...yes please? Both of these guys are among the best wrestlers period, and I'm not just talking athleticism, I'm including mic skills and in-ring storytelling as well. These two have had some awesome matches in their time and haven't stopped having them. I think that, even if Booker T never returns to the WWE (which I think is the case) I'd love to see an inter-promotional event with wrestlers from both and have Shawn Michaels face Booker T. It would be a five star match given that both of them wouldn't have it any other way.

The only thing I would want to see to is that Booker T kept the same character he has on TNA and not go back to being "King" Booker. That might have been the persona under which he got his biggest push...but he can work his current character far better.

This would be awesome. I was bummed when they released Booker....he was an awesome talent. Why wasn't he given more World Title chances? He was what 250lb? Very athletic, great on the mic and knew how to wrestle. A Match between these two would steal the show if built correctly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back