• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Booker T= Death Nail?

hahahaha

Pre-Show Stalwart
I love Booker T. and I've been rooting for him to get a Heavyweight Title but isn't it weird that just like in WCW, Booker T. gets the title when the bookers ran out of options and the promotion/brand was on its last leg.

Will Smackdown be cancelled? No. I mean CW may pull it if it continues to sink but I just thought it was weird that if it does Booker T will always be remembered as a champion in the dying days of not one but two promotions/brands.

Even if CW pulled SmackDown! out of their schedule, then I am sure Vince would find another company to air SmackDown! on, and also Booker.T will do great as the new WHC and I am certain as well as others are that SmackDown! is not in the dying days at all.

SD's problem is that past Roster picks are coming back to bite them now big names are out... The solution is partially the New Talent Initiative but also I would like to some kind of evening up of the roster... maybe Kane returning to SD would do it... and Shelton moving over would certainly improve things... Hardcore Holly's return is a good sign... he's not exactly main event but he's a big enough name to put some guys who could be over like Mr. Kennedy and Finlay...

Of the guys touted for the main event, Finlay is the one nearest at the moment... He is slowly gathering popularity and if the rumored face turn happens then I could see him feuding with King Booker pretty soon... Let's face it, we all thought he would suck when that first vignette aired, but he's not turning out half bad...

Regal would be another good choice to elevate... The guys never had a World Title, probably the best guy there who hasn't...why not have him turn on King Booker and steal the title for a night...Only for Batista to destroy him the next night?

Would be hilarious to hear Regal denegrating them after winning, getting ****y and issuing an open challenge and then the look on his face when Batista came out as his opponent would be priceless TV and add an interesting spin to the Booker feud...

3rd guy who could do something big on Smackdown is Harry Smith... He was slated for RAW but I could see him heading straight into Smackdown with a monster push as part of the NTI... "The Bulldog" gimmick and Legacy is enough to bypass the year or 2 Orton had to spend building himself up cos Orton's dad wasn't as well remembered.

Davey Boy and the Hart connection along with his rep and size is more than enough to make him credible off the bat and more importantly the fans will get behind him quickly. There will be no Die Harry Die....

Put him Straight into a feud with Regal, dominates that, maybe Benoit if he is back, goes through Booker on some non title matches like Shelton did on Trips...gets screwed out of the gold but he is a definite threat and moves onto other main event level feuds...

... either that or put him with Burchill in a new British Bulldogs... either way within a year he could be a big star for SD!

Of the best guys placed they are all "British" odd don't you think?

If the CW network does not air Smackdown on their channel, here's a suggestion: Have the brand be aired on the USA network and put the show back on the thursday night schedule.

smackdown has been hurting ever since the move to fridays, who is at home friday nights. CBS/Viacom has always gave the srew job to wrestling.

ECW/TNN
RAW/TNN-Spike
Smackdown/UPN

oh that mean TNA might be next
TNA/Spike ?

Remember MTV has a wrestle program coming out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members