"bodyguards" as a way to get cocky hells over?

Raven

Nevermore..
I personally think bodyguards are a good way to get the "cocky" heel over not just any heel, like people like randy orton i could not see him with a body guard. Some examples are: Ezekial jackson was the bodyguard of The Brian Kendrick, Bam Neely was the bodyguard for chavo, and many people may or may not know that when dolph ziggler was in fcw he had a body guard....TNA's own "the freak" rob terry. so theres one thing in common with all of these guys...they are/were cocky when they had the bodyguard. I thnk One person who could use a cocky heel turn and bodyguard is evan bourne. This is my opnion but i dont know what you guys think. So what do you guys think?

A bodyguard is a great role for a big guy that's has low in-ring abilities, mic work and really isn't all that ready to be inside the ring. Guys like Kevin Nash, Zeke Jackson and Rob Terry have got perfect looks for a bodyguard role. It's also good for them because they don't really have to do anything except stand around, look impressive, and maybe run some minor interference at times for their guy. It's a way for them to get exposure and potentially even develop a presence without actually having to do anything.

As for their use in getting cocky heels over, I dunno really. Shawn Michaels was already hugely over as a heel long before Kevin Nash, AKA Diesel, was in the picture. Zeke Jackson didn't exactly help Brian Kendrick get over all that well and Rob Terry's presence in the British Invasion and World Elite didn't necessarily do anything for them as far as helping them get over.

good pount, i never really thought of kevin nash but now you mention it...hes pretty intimidating standing next to a normal sized man

Bodyguards serve a purpose to give big wrestlers with bad mic skills time on the air to develop their skills as wrestlers and their future gimmicks, but I think that at the same time it ruins how good the wrestlers they're guarding are. Look at the Brian Kendrick, who had Ezekial Jackson protecting him but was already a multiple time champion. It ruined his credibility, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back