Bob's Burgers

Martin Gabriel

Pre-Show Stalwart
At first when I saw the very first episode ever, I watched it. It made me giggle a few times but I completely blew it off. I didn't like it. I thought it was bland and overall uninteresting.

Just recently my brother got me into it. I thought it just got better over time, but no. It was always good. The timing of the comedy, the outlandish characteristics of all three children, the camera movements and how they all intertwine and combine to make punchline after punchline. It's really good. Really funny. And it's good, CLEAN funny. Now that's not to say I don't like dirty, gritty, morbid comedy. But when the rest of the shows in the Animation Domination line-up that weren't created by Matt Groening are riddled with too much dead-pan humor and too much shock humor and WAY TOO MUCH family disdain to even be funny at this point, Bob's Burgers is a breath of fresh fucking air.

And then on a personal level, I can ACTUALLY FUCKING RELATE to the show's characters. There isn't any of that exaggerated sibling rivalry bullshit, each family member truly loves one another, the son is eccentrically weird and one of the daughters is just plain insane. But that's just me.

It's good stuff.

:)

Right on. I also watching the debut episode and was lukewarm on it, but given the fact that i watch the rest of the Sunday night lineup I continued to watch just because it was on. It grew on me in a hurry, and is now my most looked forward to cartoon on Sunday night. Check out episode 7 from this season Tina ranosaurus wrecks. I didn't stop laughing the whole episode. The Thanksgiving episode is great too. Actually this I would say has been the best season thus far. Lol the kids even got a job at a pot farm after being fired by there father in an earlier episode this season. It is funny stuff. Check it out if you haven't.

I've loved the show from the start. The only problem is they haven't released it on DVD yet over here and it's always on TV really late at night. (Fortunately, there are ways around that.)
I agree with MG in that the quickness of the delivery is what makes it funny, mixed with the sheer bizarreness of some of the characters. When deconstrcuted, the characters are fairly basic - stressed out father, embarassing mother, depressed teenager, overweight underacheiver, hyperactive child - but their simplicity is what makes them easy to relate to. It's the frantic, sometimes chaotic, pace of the dialogue which brings them to life.
I also love the little visual jokes that are littered around in the show, such as the shop next door changing every episode, or the Burger of the Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back