BNB Face turn, the best way to save his career???

Wrestlezones Top Heel
Bad News Barrett is at a point of his career, where it seems he has reached his limitations as a heel and he may have no where to go after Sunday, whether he wins or not.

How would I go about this??? I would have Barrett give a helluva fight but come up short Sunday to Bryan (If he is healthy enough to continue as champ.) After the match, I would have Barrett slowly getting up with Bryan extending his hand to shake it and Barrett excepting. Barrett can then walk down the ramp slowly and be attacked by a debuting heel from NXT (Balor, Corbin, Bull.) I personally would pick Balor because I think him debuting as a heel would be the best options. We have WAY too many top faces (Reigns,Cena,Orton,Bryan,Ambrose,Ziggler,Lesnar, and if Barrett turns face him too.) And let's be real Balor is a guy who should debut an instant top star.

Barrett would sell the assault for a few weeks by being off TV and then return to a monster pop, beating the hell out of that superstar sending them running up the ramp. He picks up the mic and say's "You can run all you want, but 'Payback 's a bitch!!!" The two can feud throughout the summer with Barrett finally winning at Summerslam. Barrett can them move on to feud with bigger name heels like Triple H,Wyatt,Sheamus,Rollins.

As far as I'm concerned a face turn is the only way to save Barrett's career from becoming AxelMania jr. He has already showed last week he could be a great babyface if he wants to be.

What are your thoughts, and if he should how would you go about making it happen.

P.S. My bad, if this is already a thread

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Barrett could get over as a babyface. He has personality and charisma, he's comfortable on the mic, so portraying him as a babyface tough guy, in my opinion, would have potential as Barrett has a legit reputation as a tough guy due to his time as a bare knuckle boxer. He has the look of someone who could be a "believable" tough guy with a boxing background in that he's about 6'6" about 240-250 pounds with a lean, rangy so of build common to boxers, plus that crooked nose of his along the 12" knife scar down his back & right triceps made with a knife with an 8" blade helps complete the look. Put his look together with his personality & mic ability and couple it with his in-ring style while portraying him as a slightly exaggerated version of what he actually is, namely a blue collar tough guy, who takes no crap from anyone and I think there might be something there.

I could also see Barrett forming a heel tag team with Sheamus, I think they'd make an awesome team quite frankly. Sheamus is at his best when he's a heel, he just seems much more comfortable, and we know Barrett can hold his own as a heel on the mic; plus, they're a couple of big, brawling powerhouses and there's not really a team like that in WWE right now.

Bad News Barrett is at a point of his career, where it seems he has reached his limitations as a heel and he may have no where to go after Sunday, whether he wins or not.

How would I go about this??? I would have Barrett give a helluva fight but come up short Sunday to Bryan (If he is healthy enough to continue as champ.) After the match, I would have Barrett slowly getting up with Bryan extending his hand to shake it and Barrett excepting. Barrett can then walk down the ramp slowly and be attacked by a debuting heel from NXT (Balor, Corbin, Bull.) I personally would pick Balor because I think him debuting as a heel would be the best options. We have WAY too many top faces (Reigns,Cena,Orton,Bryan,Ambrose,Ziggler,Lesnar, and if Barrett turns face him too.) And let's be real Balor is a guy who should debut an instant top star.

Barrett would sell the assault for a few weeks by being off TV and then return to a monster pop, beating the hell out of that superstar sending them running up the ramp. He picks up the mic and say's "You can run all you want, but 'Payback 's a bitch!!!" The two can feud throughout the summer with Barrett finally winning at Summerslam. Barrett can them move on to feud with bigger name heels like Triple H,Wyatt,Sheamus,Rollins.

As far as I'm concerned a face turn is the only way to save Barrett's career from becoming AxelMania jr. He has already showed last week he could be a great babyface if he wants to be.

What are your thoughts, and if he should how would you go about making it happen.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

First I'll thank you for this post! Because I thought I'm the only one worrying about the way his career is going!!

But I don't corroborate with the idea of bringing up some heel NXT star to turn him face. Just let him put a great fight against Daniel Bryan and okay let him lose and get mutual respect for each others by shaking hands or hugging.

Then at the closing moments of the "Kiss me Arse", while Sheamus trying to make Dolph kiss his arse, Wade should interrupt and in the way of assisting Sheamus but instead turn on him to make him lose.

Next Monday night on Raw he should come to the ring and cut a promo with "I'm afraid I got some bad news" Catchphrase and explain he attacked Sheamus coz he insulted his home town and of course the British doesn't like the Irish either!

His catchphrase is enough for him to get a huge crowd behind him!!

How about this idea??

Interesting idea. Has Barrett EVER been a face since debuting on the main roster? I can't recall a time where he has. He needs some type of change, that's for sure, as he seems to be dead in the water due to winning the IC title, then losing all the time (drives me, that does. Glad they seem to be giving it up). It wouldn't be that hard to turn him face, and your scenario does seem like a good one (mostly). This could be a last ditch effort to get him over, because he really isn't right now (unless he's across the sea), and I do enjoy his matches.

I say your scenario with the Bryan match at Extreme-ish Rules would be a good way to start the turn. Have him put on a great match (him and Bryan could easily do so), just barely lose (cleanly), then have him and Bryan shake hands in the end. Then have him come out the next day on RAW, saying he has "bad news" for his doubters, and that he's going to go out of his way to prove them wrong. Have him consistently put on good matches on RAW, having him get the victory after a good clean fight, and people will begin to respect him. Then, if all works out, maybe he can win the title down the road, and (this is the important part) NOT lose non-title matches afterwards. Have him still continue to defend & cleanly win his matches.

As for debuting Balor as a heel against him, that's where I have to disagree. He seems like such a kick-ass character, people are going to want to cheer him (I sure as hell do), so let them cheer him by debuting him as a kick-ass face sometime later down the road. You don't want Barrett to have a sudden display of greatness in the ring, followed by a hand shake to start a face turn, just to have a new guy debut and instantly put him out for a while. Also, when he comes back, who would win the feud? Barrett would have to win to make his face turn credible, but that doesn't benefit the new fella whom would debut. If the new fella were to win, Barrett goes right back to where he is now, just on the other side of the face/heel fence.

All-in-all, yes turn him face. Start it at ER, but do not have a new guy debut to take him out after. Have him continue to put on good wrestling matches on RAW week in, week out.

The trouble with Barrett these days is the same as with a lot of the newer talents, in that they're planted on top of the mountain from the get go. And as Sheamus, Ambrose, and Ryback, to name a few learned, when you start at the top, there's nowhere to go but down.

They had face momentum when he returned but squandered it in favour of Reigns.

Barrett isn't in a bad position, for a change he seems the one to benefit from an injury to someone else when twice before he's been put into that position of losing out himself. If there is ANY doubt on Bryan, they take the belt off him, that much is a given.

The run in idea does make sense but BNB being the guy who saves Bryan from "further damage" post match... probably Sheamus, it fits his new gimmick but a pissed off Ziggler turning heel could equally do it having just lost his "Kiss My Arse" match.

The turn is simple, Ziggler or whoever is kicking the shit out of Bryan and BNB stops them. delivers the bad news... Bullhammer.

The crowd would instantly take him as Bryan's avatar and it's believable, even if they slow burn him out and out embracing the fans... he can start with "No one ruins my moment...and Bryan deserved better.." to slowly getting on the fans wavelength and acting more heroically.

Barrett as a face IC champ is not a bad call, a feud with Dolph for a few months before either Bryan returns and "wants his rematch" or they bring Chris Jericho back to chase his 10th IC title... Heel Jericho and Face Barrett has an interesting slant to it if it's done during the next European tour for example.

At worst Barrett is relatively safe, they know they can trust him to do as asked, put people over when needed and pull out top quality matches when given the chance. His bout with Cena last week will have raised his stock again, much in the way Jericho didn't always need to win.

The second alternative is as JR mentioned about Neville, a tag team might help Neville AND Barrett get up the card. They would in effect be British Bulldogs 2.0 but they could dominate the tags for the next year at least and their split would be big business, again if done at say a first UK PPV in a while.

The danger for Barret's main event hopes is that suddenly there are "other options" for that first English champion. Neville could conceivably be someone Vince could get behind for that "Cinderella story" he loves so much.

If TNA folds Bram and Magnus are perhaps the only 2 talents that might get a shot over at the WWE, Spud might get a manager role there. Bram cos he's married to Charlotte, so at some point he's bound to be back and Magnus could be seen as a more proven all-rounder than Barrett who has carried a title run and has UK mainstream exposure from Gladiators.

Add to that the other Brits in developmental and it's not that rareified anymore to see a UK/Ireland WWE talent... they have about 8 on the books already and several others who could come in if TNA goes...

While Barrett is the most experienced of them in terms of the WWE, others like Neville and Balor have more "wow" appeal.

Barrett right now is the Razor Ramon of this era...he already has more IC titles and clearly is valued by Trips if not as much by Vince. He's a reliable guy when not hurt that's not a bad thing just as Hall was in 1993, yet it took a face turn to really make Scott Hall connect and work as that character, so it can't hurt Barrett or WWE to try. If nothing else he's a perfect "next feud" for Trips while they build to his feud with the Rock... could you imagine a segment with Rock and BNB both ripping Trips?

If they are serious about a face turn, the first thing they should do is pay up and take the Manic Street Preachers on their offer of a theme. It did wonders for Punk having licensed music and I think it would help him seem "more important" to get his favourite band actually making his music... he wants it, they want to do it, they want to do a tour of their "Holy Bible" album in the US, so it'll probably be cheap/help them sell tickets if they even used an old tune like "Faster"... if it comes to it Wade, pay for it yourself, at least you can say you tried everything...

We as a community love debating turns don't we? On this thread we're discussing a face turn, using a guy who just turned heel to help him get over, debating turning another guy heel(is this a rumor with Ziggler or is their some real info?). How about this, Barrett stays a heel he just wins some matches? Remember when Ambrose was insanely hot and he lost all of his important matches? It's hurt his stock tremendously so we need to see Barrett win from time to time.

While his gimmick is nice, it hasn't really done much to increase his stock...well that's not the right way to say it. He hasn't used it to start feuds. Right now it's a catchphrase, if it was his gimmick like his name implies maybe he'd get over again. Here let me explain, Dolph Ziggler loses his match. Barrett comes out, I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you Dolphy boy. Now you swap dance partners so Daniel Bryan feuds with Sheamus and Dolph feuds with Barrett. Let Barrett come out on top of that feud and turn Ziggler heel then(if need be) using Barrett as the catalyst. Not that I'm particularly a fan of the guy but he just needs something of substance. The current WWE landscape of no feuds except for top guys is the problem here

Barrett's never been a face if I'm remembering correctly. It can't really hurt as he's getting lost in the shuffle of the midcard right now, but it also doesn't solve anything. Turn him face and now he's competing with Bryan, Ambrose, Ziggler, and Cena for the top spot, and I don't think Wade wins that battle, as solid as he is.

As poster above said, what Barrett really needs are some wins. A high-profile, back and forth feud with somebody completely different would do him wonders. When was the last classic Wade Barrett feud? That's what's stopping Wade right now from moving up the ladder (aside from his injuries)... he has so much potential but is yet to show REAL brilliance in either his feuds or his promos. Maybe throw him with Wyatt for a few months, let them trade off wins and let the fans decide who they want to turn.

I don't think he fits the gimmick. Bad News Barrett requires a punchline and he fails to deliver one just about every time he should. The whole gimmick revolves around him saying something contrary to an initial statement in a promo. Yet every time he delivers the line, it's not done in an entertaining fashion. It's a very simplistic and basic gimmick to begin with. So the fact that he's not doing anything special with it, makes me think that he either doesn't care enough or doesn't have what it takes to get over.

Being comfortable and articulate on the mic isn't the same as being entertaining. I remember saying the same about CM Punk. Thankfully, the booking helped make up for what Punk lacked in character gimmick. Barrett's not being afforded that same opportunity so he needed to get himself over on his own steam but he's shown that he's not really someone to go the extra mile. Really at this point, the only thing of value that Barret provides is the possibility of a Nexus reunion. And that probably sounds a bit too farfetched these days.

BNB needs some time to showcase himself and some significance placed into his role on the roster. At this point, he is just an afterthought in just about every feud he is part of, and honestly, I'd love if he were to replace Corporate Kane, as he with his Bad News schtick would do so much better than the Big Red in such a role as HHH/Steph's Authority substitute whilst being featured much more prominently on both shows.

The OP isn't wrong, Barrett would make a great face. He's already over, and that would translate to the side of the angels.

Save his career? I'd start with some wins. Every time he gets the IC strap some bum or some nobody gets a win in on him and it's supposed to garner heat, but just makes him look like a doofus. If WWE want to go the next step with him, have him beat Bryan Sunday. He doesn't even really need wins to be a threat. As of now, he's a choke artist.

Barrett turns face now, it goes Orton, Reigns, Cena, Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose then Barrett. However, putting Bryan on the shelf could put Barrett on contention for the top heel spot. WWE badly needs credible heels with heat right now.

I'm a Barrett fan, and we should be referring to him as a former WWE champion (2010 during the Nexus angle). He'll make a great face some day but the roster needs him as a heel now more than anything, and I don't think he's getting enough of a face reaction at this time to necessitate turning anyone else.

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staying healthy is the best way to save his career. He needs to stay healthy long-term. Every time he's about to get a big push, he gets hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back