Bloody Xbox Live!!!

a0161613

WZCW's Mr Excitement
And I haven't even played on it yet!

Have set it up tonight; all seems to be going well until we try and actually do something with it and chat to a friend. Then all hell breaks loose.

We have a strict NAT connection (which is bad apparently and should be open) and something to do with UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) too.

I'm looking for some help peeps as I'm fuming about how stupid and complicated this is to set up. I reckon I am overlooking something very simple. I think that I probably have to do something on my laptop to allow the router to let the connection accept Live but I've no idea what.

Have already tried Microsofts own Help page about this and even though it seems to address the specific model of router, I can't change any of the settings that it suggests.

Christ knows if its relevant but my router is Zyxel.

This happened to a friend of mine. Unfortunately, there is no way of fixing it (to my knowledge). Try calling your broadband provider and ask them for help. You could also try the xbox forums. They have a support board there too. Sorry i couldn't be more help

I'm looking for some help peeps as I'm fuming about how stupid and complicated this is to set up. I reckon I am overlooking something very simple. I think that I probably have to do something on my laptop to allow the router to let the connection accept Live but I've no idea what.
Thats an exception, your firewall may block the connection so check your firewall.

And I haven't even played on it yet!

Have set it up tonight; all seems to be going well until we try and actually do something with it and chat to a friend. Then all hell breaks loose.

We have a strict NAT connection (which is bad apparently and should be open) and something to do with UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) too.

Have already tried Microsofts own Help page about this and even though it seems to address the specific model of router, I can't change any of the settings that it suggests.

Christ knows if its relevant but my router is Zyxel.

Try getting a wireless router from Best Buy cause that has helped me out alot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back