Black Sabbath: Osbourne or Dio?

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Quite simply, the question is in the thread. I personally prefer the works of Ozzy Osbourne fronting Sabbath than Dio as I have always placed the Ozz-man in front of Ronnie in terms of talent. I hated how Dio changed the name of Black Sabbath to Heaven & Hell, just didnt have the same metal ring to it as the Sabbath did. My record collections seems to favour more Osbourne than Dio so that is my personal reason basically. As for the evidence, I would still say Osbourne as some of Sabbath's greatest songs like "Iron Man," "War Pigs" & "Paranoid" were done during a Ozzy-fronted Sabbath.

For all those that respect music & its legends, please enthuse me about your beliefs on the Sabbath. BTW, you dont have to be religious to answer any questions regarding the Sabbath.

Anyone who answers Dio is a fool, quite simply. A fool with awful taste.

Don't get me wrong, Dio's not a bad artist. Rainbow was good and the first Sabbath album he took part on, Heaven and Hell, is actually a pretty damn good album. It doesn't compare to Sabbath's earlier work, but it's still a good album. Dio's self-named band wasn't half bad either, though not quite my taste.

But the answer is OBVIOUSLY Ozzy. The guy is one of the greatest frontmen in the history of rock and roll, and the work he put out with Sabbath is unquestionably his best work, and one of the shining beacons of rock in the 70s. Rarely does one find an album as good as Paranoid or my personal favorite, Master of Reality. Black Sabbath IS Ozzy Osbourne.

Shit, now I want to listen to some Sabbath. Excuse me while I go pop in the my iPod and start jamming the fuck out to Snowblind.

When you think Black Sabbath, you think Ozzy. Peronsally,in terms or Vocal talent, and range, power and so on I think Dio is by far the better all-round singer. Dont get me wrong, im saying Ozzy is bad, I dont consider him a great singer, good at best, and yes, he was a pretty good frontman. I do prefer Dio as a singer, but I also prefer the Ozzy era stuff above Dios stuff.

And Dio didnt actually rename Sabbath, they just used the name Heaven & Hell, Dios Debut album with Sabbath, mainly because they wanted to go under a different banner, as Ozzy was, essentially still active with Sabbath. I like dios stuff in Rainbow, Sabbath, Dio and now Heaven and Hell, but my favourite era of Sabbath is, as Ive said Ozzy.

Ozzy he is just more well known, sang better song's and is better as a frontman, he bit the head off a friggin bat, and just better in every area but singing and even that's closely matched. As a pure singer though it's Dio he has a better voice and range plus without Dio this wouldn't exist :headbanger:, and holy diver and rainbow in the dark are timeless but Ozzy's sang Iron Man, Electric Funeral, Paranoid and black Sabbath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back