Black Monday: Which NFL Coaches will be Fired?

J.J.

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Chip Kelly has kicked off the pre-Black Monday party by being terminated by the Eagles, who do you all think will be joining him in the unemployment line tomorrow?

Chuck Pagano, Colts: Feel good story for the coach who was battling cancer last year to help guide his team to the AFC title game. This season they look nothing remotely close to that team. I would be surprised if he's brought back.

Tom Coughlin, Giants: Another repeated mediocre season and the OBJ debacle. I think I can see him in the unemployment line tomorrow. Especially since Eli Manning has a good relationship with the offensive coordinator who he credits as a person they has helped him play some of his best football ever.

Jimmy Haslam, Browns: Inner-fighting, constant QB movement, bad draft picks and lack of signing key free agents. If this guy isn't fired tomorrow I will be very surprised. I don't think he had the front office on his side as he took to Twitter a while back to reveal he hardly communicates with them.

Recent reports stating Pagano will be fired and Coughlin will step down. Look like everyone, except the terrible owner, will be out in Cleveland.

Recent reports stating Pagano will be fired and Coughlin will step down. Look like everyone, except the terrible owner, will be out in Cleveland.

I think the GM with the Browns will be gone too and likeky Manziel's tenure in Cleveland is up.

As a lifelong 49er fan, I'm fervently hoping Tom Jimsula gets the axe. He's in way over his head and never stood a chance.

Jim Tomsula needs to be fired. As well as Trent Baalke. How about everyone in the 49ers organization? Actually keep Tom Rathman and Eric Mangini.

Marvin Lewis should be fired if the Bengals go one and done in the playoffs again.

I would say fire Jason Garrett, but Tony Romo was injured and Jerry Jones is to blame for most of the Cowboys' problems, so he should get another chance.

Dan Campbell replaced Joe Philbin and is just an interim HC. He won't be there next season.

Tom Coughlin did win 2 Super Bowls, but after 4 straight losing seasons, it's time to get a new coach.

Jeff Fisher, or Commander .500, should be fired. He has also had 4 straight losing seasons.

Mike Mularkey is another interim HC who will be replaced.

There's been some rumors that Sean Payton may be interested in the 49ers. It may be time for him and Drew Brees to depature in general so that they can start rebuilding.

I think the GM with the Browns will be gone too and likeky Manziel's tenure in Cleveland is up.

When I mentioned everyone I was including the GM. It is now official as both have been fired.

Marvin Lewis should be fired if the Bengals go one and done in the playoffs again.

I hear this every year. I can say w/98% certainty that Marvin will not be let go even if the Bengals go one and out this year. Mike Brown is one of the hardest and worst owner/general managers to work for. The Brown system, learned from his father, is very frugal and old school in its way of thought. With the exception of a handful of years the franchise was a joke. That was until Marvin showed on the scene and found a way to make it work. Brown knows he can't necessarily do any better as only a fucking moron would take the job.

I hear this every year. I can say w/98% certainty that Marvin will not be let go even if the Bengals go one and out this year. Mike Brown is one of the hardest and worst owner/general managers to work for. The Brown system, learned from his father, is very frugal and old school in its way of thought. With the exception of a handful of years the franchise was a joke. That was until Marvin showed on the scene and found a way to make it work. Brown knows he can't necessarily do any better as only a fucking moron would take the job.

I wouldn't saying 0-6 in the playoff is making it work. They could do a lot better.

If there are three coaches that can manage to stick to a team it's Jeff Fisher, Mike Tomlin and Marvin Lewis. It's hard to imagine a team that started out 8-0 that he'll get fired. I think worst case scenario his seat might be a little warm if they lose their first game of the playoffs but he's arguably been their best coach ever.

I wouldn't saying 0-6 in the playoff is making it work. They could do a lot better.

As I explained the situation runs much deeper than the playoff record. The Brown way of football management is not necessarily about championships. They are taking in big figures w/minimal payout. Just making the playoffs is a bonus. The elder Brown was known for his philosophy of going five hundred over a decades time equalling a successful franchise. Each time his teams exceeded that he figured he could right off another season. The current ownership is very happy w/Marvin and will most likely not let him go.

I am not happy at all to see Mike McCoy has someone managed to keep his job after all that. Reports got out that he was fired, and I was pretty happy. But now it turns out that San Diego has decided to keep him on board. I hope at the very least they bring in a new offensive coordinator.

Reason being is I have Melvin Gordon on one of my fantasy teams. He looks like a complete bust so far. One of those reasons was McCoy's offense wasn't suited for him, so I was hoping they brought in someone who could build the right offense for Melvin Gordon.

That might not even matter though, because it looks like the recurring theme with Wisconsin running backs nowaday is they end up turning into nothing at the higher level. Montee Ball failed me, and now it looks like Gordon will too. Wisconsin is totally a system offense.

"The Saints may be able to acquire a 2nd Round pick for HC Sean Payton, but they currently can't afford that pick's 2016 cap hit." Funniest thing I have read all day.

If there are three coaches that can manage to stick to a team it's Jeff Fisher, Mike Tomlin and Marvin Lewis. It's hard to imagine a team that started out 8-0 that he'll get fired. I think worst case scenario his seat might be a little warm if they lose their first game of the playoffs but he's arguably been their best coach ever.

Marvin Lewis - Best coach the Bengals have ever had. 0-6 in the playoffs. I don't understand that logic.

Marvin Lewis - Best coach the Bengals have ever had. 0-6 in the playoffs. I don't understand that logic.

I understand your point but for 11 straight years(if not longer) they went nowhere before Lewis. I don't think the Bengals have been anywhere close to the SB since the 80s. I give Lewis credit for shredding guys like Chris Henry and Chad Johnson away from the team. I think he should be give one more chance after this season because I feel they're about over the hump. He has been there through the highs and lows and this is a totally different team in the last few seasons and I'm not sure how I would feel about bringing in another coach so that they'll hace to learn a completely different scheme. Plus the owner is cheap, best bet is to offer him a one year extension after this season.

That Bengals offense is seriously nothing special at all, and I think the defense is a tad overrated as well. So any coach that can make something out of Andy the ginger Dalton deserves to be kept. Marvin Lewis has made the Bengals a contender in a division that has been one of the most physical and competitive divisions in the last five years.

This isn't one of the cases where you can say that it's because of the team he has, because it's quite the opposite.

The Bengals have had fifteen winning seasons in forty-seven years of existence. Marvin has had seven of those. He has only dipped below five hundred percent just three times in his stint. He is also the franchise's all time time leader in wins. He has made the most out of managements frugal spending. They regularly take unwanted projects and turn them in pro bowlers. The guy has worked fucking wonders. Plus he has one year left on his deal and no way Mike Brown eats that money. If and when Marvin leaves the sideline he will move into the front office. He will remain a Bengal.

Yeah but Stephen A Smith says otherwise. We all know that Stephen A Smith is the leading authority on all things football, what with his 5 or 6 years of casual viewership.

71nx9x.png

Son of a bitch, Tampa. Why must you feed the troll? I don't disagree with him in principal but the soliloquies about racism in the NFL Good Ol' Boys circles are going to be excruciating.

Sam Wyche would probably be considered Cincy's greatest (most accomplished) coach of all time but that being said there is no reason in 2016 to fire Lewis unless you have a big time replacement waiting to jump on that job. Maybe a few years ago when his team dominated the police blotter but not today. He led his team to a good record, there is not a lot of drama coming out any more and he has a history of winning. The playoff record is not simply a reason to fire someone.

Did you see Lavonte David going off on Twitter over the Bucs decision to fire Lovie? I think his tweets have been removed since then. They go through new HCs every 2-3 years, new GMs every 3-5 years. They've finished dead last in the NFC division 5 of the last 6 years. They are the Browns.

The speculation is that they are doing it to keep their OC from leaving. The OC is getting the credit for any success Tampa had this year and will be named head coach. It makes sense but still doesn't feel right.

I guess Tampa Bay do not mind paying for 3 HC's. If they're going to move up Dirk Koetter then at least that means Jamesis Winston won't have to risk stunting his growth and learn a new system. Regardless, it's still wrong of how this process went - especially for s guy that was a good fit. But then again look what happened to Tony Dungy and John Gruden.

I don't understand the reason for Lovie Smith being fired. What did he expect him to do with that team in two years? They did fantastic for having a rookie QB, not to mention he managed to keep Mr. Glass Dougie Martin on the field all season long (Although we all know that has more to do with his contract expiring this year).

I also disagreed with the Bears when they fired Lovie. They went 10-6 that year.

The funny thing is, I don't even like Lovie Smith. Maybe the Bucs plan on bringing in an offensive minded Head Coach to build a system around Winston and Evans. If not, then I see no logic in this movie.

I don't understand the reason for Lovie Smith being fired. What did he expect him to do with that team in two years? They did fantastic for having a rookie QB, not to mention he managed to keep Mr. Glass Dougie Martin on the field all season long (Although we all know that has more to do with his contract expiring this year).

I also disagreed with the Bears when they fired Lovie. They went 10-6 that year.

The funny thing is, I don't even like Lovie Smith. Maybe the Bucs plan on bringing in an offensive minded Head Coach to build a system around Winston and Evans. If not, then I see no logic in this movie.

I think this position will be filled internally by their OC. It'll surprise me if they choose to fill the vacancy from the outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back