BJ Penn vs George St. Pierre

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
It's official now , At UFC 94 BJ Penn finaly gets his rematch with George St.Pierre. Last time they fought GSP won a narrow desicion victory over BJ. But this time Penn is a much more dedicated fighter and wants to be the best in the world. I'm realy looking forward to this fight. This time they're both world champions and they'll be fighting for pride. I think they both have a good chance at winning but i'm going to predict that BJ wins by a decision. GSP didnt look too good in his last fight and BJ looked great. Both of the fighters styles are similar so it should make for a good match up. Both BJ and GSP are ranked in the top 5 fighters in the world. So , This fight should be great!

Here's an interesting quote from Dana White regarding this fight. It’s from an interview ’The Sun’ did with White about Anderson Silva potentially retiring early (White doesn’t think it’ll happen). Here’s the part of that interview that grabbed my attention the most:

"If GSP beats BJ then you’ll see Silva v GSP — possibly at a catch weight. But if Penn beats GSP there’s no way I’d let him move up to 185lbs, no way. He’ll f***ing fight, argue and cry about it but there’s no way – it ain’t gonna happen, I can tell you that right now – it ain’t gonna happen."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/ufc/article1825596.ece

Okay, first of all, how can you not love BJ Penn? The dude has that Warrior’s spirit of fighting anyone anywhere, and he only wants to compete against the best. However, I don’t see Penn defeating GSP and now I would be sort of happy if he didn’t, because GSP vs. Silva would be beyond EPIC. The two most well rounded fighters in the game, plus one is the World’s greatest striker, while the other is the World’s greatest wrestler, going one on one? Fuck I hope it happens.

So, while I'm a huge BJ Penn fan, I want him to lose this fight, and I think he will. GSP is just too much for him, in my opinion.

Obviously both are tremendous fighters who's skills seemingly balance out the other's perfectly. Therefore I'm looking at the intangibles a little more. First and foremost no matter what happens BJ will leave as the lightweight champion, which makes me feel GSP will be the one who fights harder and with more passion as he is the one with everything to lose. Second of all GSP is physically bigger than BJ which normally doesn't mean that much but with these 2 so evenly matched I feel that could be the razor thin edge GSP will have/use to win. Either way I'm psyched to watch this match.

This is going to be a memorable night. Since it was announced i cleared everything from my schedule and will not do anything else that night. GSP is my favorite fighter. These are two of the top five fighters in the world for christ sakes. I see this being an instant classic. Atleast going four rounds with back and forth action. In the end i think GSP is gonna win this fight. Could this set up a possibe fight with "The Spider"?

This is probably the biggest fight ever to happen for Canadians. GSP puts his championship on the line against a great talent in BJ Penn. Georges has been training incredibly hard for this match as has Penn, but when I see Penn, I see a man that just does not have what is needed to overcome GSP. If GSP can knock Penn out, I would be shocked, but I can still see GSP getting the win in this one. Then he will move on to one of the greatest fights of all time against Silva.

So here's the card for the show:

Main Card
Welterweight Championship: Georges St-Pierre vs. B.J. Penn
Light Heavyweight: Lyoto Machida vs. Thiago Silva
Light Heavyweight: Stephan Bonnar vs. Jon Jones
Welterweight: Karo Parisyan vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Lightweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Clay Guida

Preliminary Card
Welterweight: Jon Fitch vs. Akihiro Gono
Lightweight: Thiago Tavares vs. Manvel Gamburyan
Welterweight: John Howard vs. Chris Wilson
Heavyweight: Jake O’Brien vs. Christian Wellisch
Welterweight: Matt Arroyo vs. Dan Cramer

From my vantage point, the main card is great. GSP vs. B.J. Penn will undoubtedly be a Fight of the Year candidate, but I really see GSP beating Penn again. Either way, I hope both the Welterweight and Lightweight divisions aren’t held up any further after this fight, because both divisions are incredibly stacked, and we deserve to see frequent title fights in both.

I pick Machida to beat Silva, but I really hope Machida changes his game a bit. At this point, if you’ve seen one Machida fight, then you’ve seen them all. I really hope Machida develops more of a killer instinct approach, because otherwise, Machida vs. Evans will be the most boring title fight in quite some time.

I hope Stephan Bonnar returns with a bang. I don’t ever see him winning the LHW title, but you can’t help but love/root for the guy. I’m definitely keeping my eye on Dong Hyun Kim, because the guy has a lot of potential. Though I like Clay Guid, I’m rooting for Nate fuckin' Diaz in the fight. In fact, unless the main event is even better than it looks on paper, I’m picking Diaz vs. Guida to be the Fight of the Night.

The day is almost here and I can't freaking wait. This has all the makings to be a great war. I think BJ just shot himself in the foot with his recent comments though. My Prediction : GSP with a third round submission or GSP getting the decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back