Biggest Name To Never Wrestle At Mania

The Brain

King Of The Ring
Five years ago I created a thread asking who was the biggest name to have never competed at WrestleMania. This was limited to guys that were working for WWE during the WrestleMania years and were on the active roster during a WrestleMania. At the time Lance Storm was my pick but I don't think that's the case anymore. Now I would say it's The Uso's.

The Uso's debuted almost six years ago meaning they could have competed in the past five manias. They have yet to wrestle on the main show. I know they've been in dark matches almost every year but that doesn't count as competing at WrestleMania. Also they were pretty irrelevant for those first three years but I think they could have easily gotten a spot in the past two. Maybe this will be the year they finally get on the main show but until then they are the biggest names to have been active during the mania years but never get on the main show. If it's not them, who is it? I have a feeling someone can make me stupid and point out someone I'm forgetting. Remember they had to be an active wrestler on the WWE roster sometime between 1985 and now and been on the roster during a WrestleMania.

Steph was Women's Champion in 2000 (making her active) and didn't compete.

One of the top heels in the company's history has never competed at Mania.

I know this doesn't count because his first run in the company disqualifies him from this discussion, but Scott Steiner didn't work WrestleMania 19. His drop off the face of the planet after his initial main event run was pretty unambiguous.

Somehow that still stuns me after all the build he was given.

Eugene never wrestled at Mania. Considering his initial push, I feel that definitely trumps the Usos and Storm.

Dr. Death Steve Williams after getting his ass handed to him by Bart Gunn.

I don't think London/Kendrick did which is bigger than the Uso's.

Steph was Women's Champion in 2000 (making her active) and didn't compete.

One of the top heels in the company's history has never competed at Mania.

Although she did appear in the main event in a fashion and was pretty important to the angle. I'd say she counts as having "appeared at Mania" even if she didn't wrestle. She has almost main evented if you look at it a certain way. It's a good option though, I'd be prepared to back it.

I have more questions than answers for you tbh Brain.

I think comparing Storm & the Usos' positions on the card, neither one is 'bigger' per se than the other, but the Usos have probably shifted more merch.

I note that last time you said Storm others were saying Patterson and stuff. As I wasn't alive or a wrestling fan at the time, I have no idea about this at all. How would you say Patterson and Storm compare star power-wise?

Also

I think comparing Storm & the Usos' positions on the card, neither one is 'bigger' per se than the other, but the Usos have probably shifted more merch.
Shame on you, Ollie. The Usos have been a consistent force in their division since 2013, and the division has been in pretty decent shape (not perfect, but pretty decent). And that doesn't take into account the amount of main event stuff they get to tag along for on account of Roman or simply a need for warm, credible bodies.

The Usos dwarf Storm's WWE run.

Also

Shame on you, Ollie. The Usos have been a consistent force in their division since 2013, and the division has been in pretty decent shape (not perfect, but pretty decent). And that doesn't take into account the amount of main event stuff they get to tag along for on account of Roman or simply a need for warm, credible bodies.

The Usos dwarf Storm's WWE run.

That's a fair point that they help out their main eventer relatives & friends a fair bit for those lovely Raw/SD big main event tag matches. Also I don't recall Storm getting segments with the Rock. I'll concede you that the Usos be considered bigger than Storm.

I'll go with Sin Cara (Mistico).

Sin Cara did participate in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal but that was Hunico under the mask. Mistico left the WWE before Wrestlemania XXX. Mysterio vs. Cara was rumored to happen at a few Wrestlemania's but never took place because of injuries.

If it counts, AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Finn Balor have yet to compete at Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back