• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Biggest draw (MMA)

PsychoBlack

Damn it feels good to be a Taylor!!
Who is the biggest draw in MMA? I would have to say Brock Lesnar. People who don't even watch MMA order his fights thats how big he is. Georges St. Pierre is hot on his ass though. He is not as lucrative as Brock is though because of his wrestling style while Brock throws big punches after his takedowns.

Well before he lost to Cain I would have said Brock, and you could just close the book on it. However, I am curious to see how well he draws in his next fight. I expect it to be huge as always, but a part of me wonders if we will begin to see a decline in his drawing power. GSP is a good choice, probably the biggest draw outside of Brock, however he lacks the personality to get people really excited. Thank god he fights "bad" guys such as Dan Hardy, Matt Serra, and Josh Koscheck because they make his fights a lot more interesting.

A guy not mentioned so far is Fedor. He is a very big draw, because of the crazy streak he was on, but also because of how good he is and the fact that we rarely get to see him fight. I believe he would be an even better draw if he ever went to the UFC, but that is for another thread.

There really shouldn't be much speculation on this because multiple publications have compiled the numbers and there were obvious bigger draws. Went something like this:

1. Lesnar
2. GSP
3. Penn/Rampage
4. Couture
5. Silva

There were other close ones like Forrest and Evans but the top draws were those men. It will be interesting to see if Brock continues to draw big for the UFC or if the numbers drop. I believe it will both; he will still draw very well but the numbers might drop a little. You've got guys though that will no doubt become draws themselves in the future like Jones and Davis. I also strongly believe that Aldo will enter that mix after a couple fights once fans who aren't familiar with him get a taste of what he brings to the cage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back