• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bigger Pop: Randy Orton or Shawn Michaels

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister_b1LL

Representing Seattle's Finest
So guys I found another great pair of Holy Shit moments that I gotta admit are gonna be hard to choose from.

Making its way to the ring...

Randy Orton RKO's Carlito at Unforgiven

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6p9S_qZ0SQ[/YOUTUBE]

So Carlito jumps from the top rope to deliver a cross body and Randy catches him in mid air and delivers an RKO, effectively ending the match. The crowd prior to the moment wasn't terribly interested in the match. If you listen to the audience, you can faintly hear that they're chanting "Boring" during the match. Well the match certainly didn't end in a boring way. The best part is how Lawler, as Carlito jumps from the top rope, says, "If I can see one flaw in Carlito..." but is unable to finish his sentence as Carlito gets RKO'd. What's the flaw? Carlito decided to jump from the top rope.

And the opponent...

Shawn Michaels delivering Sweet Chin Music to Shenton Benjamin on RAW

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJLKXq8MGEk[/YOUTUBE]

I've never seen this whole match, but it appeared as if people were already hot for this match. Shelton avoids getting thrown over the top rope by Shawn Michaels and goes for a top rope cross body (seem familiar?). Shawn sees him and delivers Sweet Chin Music, effectively ending the match. Jerry Lawler's and JR's reaction to this was amazing. My favorite part is when the guy in the yellow tank top raises his hands in the air and points at the carnage in the ring. And like JR said, this Holy Shit moment was "academic!" That Superkick looked hella painful too.

Two moments involving the match winners using their finishing maneuvers on airborne opponents. But which moment got the bigger pop?

I believe that Shawn Michaels Superkicking Shelton Benjamin got the bigger pop. When Randy pulled off the RKO on Carlito not too many people were standing on their feet in amazement. he RKO to Carlito probably saved the match from being a borefest, but it still didn't garner as much of a pop as the Superkick did. Real or scripted, that Superkick must've hurt like a mother.

Sweet Chin Music vs. RKO. Michaels vs. Orton. Which moment got the BIGGER POP?

I would say this one goes to the superkick.. Not only the audible pop sounds louder but the expression and visual reaction of the crowd was great. YOu can actually see the crowd collectively shocked with their mouths dropped open and exploding at the same time. Two great spots no the less

:banghead:I think Shawn Michaels got the bigger pop cause the superkick was heard around the world, but the RKO to Carlito was incredible, that was the biggest RKO Randy has ever done for real

the shawn michaels kick i think had a bigger pop, and overall was one of the GREATEST matches ever and my personal favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back