Big Show, Del Rio or Sheamus: Who is better?

mojmass

Feed Me More
For more than half of the year shaemus was the WHC champion and for most of his reign as champion he defended the title against del rio and it was del rio who always lost the chance to win the title. then shaemus started his feud with the big show and this time big show captured the title in their first match and shaemus could not defeat big show for the title. pretty solid and logical feud.
and now comes the funny part. big show started a feud with del rio and lost the title and was never able to defeat del rio.
so am i the only one who got confused by this foolish booking ?
how can del rio who look like an ant while fighting big show is able to defeat a giant but a strong man like shaemus who defeated del rio multiple times always lose to big show? so who is better of all?

Well it looks like a case of rock, paper, scissors. Sheamus is a brawler but not strong enough to pummel down Big Show. Del Rio has the technique and speed but Sheamus combo of speed and strength was too much. Finally, Del Rio speedy technique is too much for show to keep up with, not to mention an arm bar will literally make any person tap out no matter how big. With that said, the writers probably never even thought of that. As far as who is better I would go with Del Rio.

For more than half of the year shaemus was the WHC champion and for most of his reign as champion he defended the title against del rio and it was del rio who always lost the chance to win the title. then shaemus started his feud with the big show and this time big show captured the title in their first match and shaemus could not defeat big show for the title. pretty solid and logical feud.
and now comes the funny part. big show started a feud with del rio and lost the title and was never able to defeat del rio.
so am i the only one who got confused by this foolish booking ?
how can del rio who look like an ant while fighting big show is able to defeat a giant but a strong man like shaemus who defeated del rio multiple times always lose to big show? so who is better of all?

It's perfectly logical booking. Sometimes people just have somebody else's number. Their are football teams that can beat good teams but have bad track records against bad teams. Sometimes styles just don't mesh or sometimes a person can get in another guy's head or just plain figure him out.

Wrestler A beats Wrestler B; Wrestler B beats Wrestler C; Wrestler C beats Wrestler A.

In a way I suppose you can argue that everyone is a winner but in the real way everyone ends up a loser.

Unfortunately, along with having the same repeating mid card matches with no feud involved, this kind of self-defeating spiral of results is all too prevalent in WWE today.

Although, I would point out that at least in the case of Show/Sheamus/Del Rio there has been a shift in the dynamic with Del Rio's face turn. And it did produce what was possibly my favourite match of last year in Show/Sheamus at HIAC.

Del Rio is the one that's changed, because of his face turn. When you turn face you become approximately 1.5x stronger (from meutral tweener state) and are much more resistant to moves. When you turn heel on the other hand you lose a lot of strength (multiplier depends on gimmick) and so you are a lot less effective in the ring to the point where some wrestlers must cheat to get by.

Del Rio is using his new found strength. He would probably beat Sheamus now, or at least draw, if they had a match.

Del Rio is the one that's changed, because of his face turn. When you turn face you become approximately 1.5x stronger (from meutral tweener state) and are much more resistant to moves. When you turn heel on the other hand you lose a lot of strength (multiplier depends on gimmick) and so you are a lot less effective in the ring to the point where some wrestlers must cheat to get by.

Del Rio is using his new found strength. He would probably beat Sheamus now, or at least draw, if they had a match.

Also if you have a submission finisher it actually works when you are a face.

Also if you have a submission finisher it actually works when you are a face.

Jack Swaggers "Patriot Act" disagree with this. :D

In a way it is a good booking. You cannot have weak champion(especially if champion is face) so it is suppose to be dominant as Sheamus. Then Big Show comes and defeats Sheamus were both men look strong but Show looks stronger and then Del Rio comes in a fresh face turn and beats the men almost nobody can beat. To me its a good looking booking. Much more anoying is when they book somebody strong and then he loses a lot and losts relevancy in time. Look at Ryback(who was very "hot" sometime but then started to lost relevance because of that kind of booking), or even better look at Cody Rhodes. Guy was booked strongly and we were to believe that he could won any championship and that eventually he can capture WHC or World Championship and now you cant believe that he can woin anything no mather how much tryes he gets. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back