• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big releases coming after 'mania.

We shy worth hair
So apparently after Wrestlemania, WWE will be cutting several talents to cut costs and to put younger guys on TV. First of all, I will be severly pissed of if any combination of these(Very talented) stars are relased so guys aged from 27-32 from FCW are called up: Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Trent Barretta, Chris Masters, DH Smith.

Here are my guesses anyhow:
Tyson Kidd
Alicia Fox
Tamina(Her time is definantly up considering how expendable she is.)
Uso's
Tyler Reks(Though I would like to see something done with him.)
Beth Phoenix(This years Mickie James)
JTG(And I liked this guy)
Melina(Sad but probably true)
Darren Young
Possibly Santino or Koslov, they had their run, now they're done particularly Kozlov who still isn't over.
I'd also expect a bunch of releases from FCW. Like half the NXT rejects such as Cottonwood, Novak and whatever 'Make it a Win' guy's name was.

Also, don't bothe saying Yoshi Tatsu. There was a reason that Funaki stayed around so long and that's because he did promotional work in Japan.

What are your guesses?

Santino and Kozlov have value so they wouldn't be realsed due to how over Santino is, but i do see Uso's, Kidd and Young going, and maybe Reks, but the rest would be staying.

I thought the same thing concerning Tatsu. Can't get rid of the guys that do a lot for your international appeal. I'd hate to see Kozlov go, I kinda like the guy.

I forgot about Kidd, tbh. But he does have talent out the anus, and it's a shame they can't find anything to do w/him. I think he was better than D.H. Smith. Smith just reminded me of a jacked up David Flair.

I really wish they would add another show, or expand Superstars, and have a place for actual wrestling. I mean, you could have another show, have simplified storylines w/minimal mic work (maybe like the old days when you'd cut a small promo before leaving for the match), and showcase the cruiserweights, tag teams, and some names like Masters, R-Truth, DiBiase, etc. Throw a bigger name or two in there just for appeal and you got something.

Maybe have whoever is in a ME feud at the time (no matter the brand) and have a match to close out the show. No mic/promo time except a short one before the match like the others, and that's your ME. Or cross promote and have a top heel from one brand take on a top face from another brand (or vice versa) just to help bring in viewers. I'd love to watch something such as this on a weekly basis.

These releases will be pointless if they just replace the mediocre guys with more, younger mediocre guys. Which, let's be honest, is likely.

If Trent Baretta gets canned, while I'm forced to watch Big Zeke and David Otunga fumble through matches, I won't be happy. The guy has a ton of talent, and needs a push.

Santino and Kozlov have value so they wouldn't be realsed due to how over Santino is

*Santino has value. Once WWE decides to split that team up, I think Kozlov becomes expendable.

The big problem that I would have with Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Trent Barretta, Chris Masters & DH Smith possibly getting released is that they are all very young guys that have a great career ahead of them if given a chance. Hell just watch Barretta/Hawkins trilogy on Superstars to see how good they are. Hell the guys would work as a team even. Zack Ryder improved immensely on ECW and has such a great attitude with Curt and Barretta. These guys all have legitimate experience in wrestling rather than the typical FCW guy who got signed as soon as they started wrestling that really brings nothing to the table(Alex Riley). The only people I actually want to see emerge from FCW is Creed, Steamboat and Tyler Black.
Darren Young is also a damn shame really. When you drop a guy from the hottest angle of the year what do you decide to do with him? Regulate him to Superstars as a babyface that nobody can give a flying fuck about.
Tyler Reks could've really been something. WWE often looks for a good monster heel and Reks with his look could've been that heel. He has a legitamately scary look about him and can go in the ring.
Uso's are a damn fine tag team. They work brilliantly and are good wrestlers if you watched their FCW stuff. They were put up way to early due to Carlito being a gigantic dick and WWE forgetting that at that time they had two very good tag teams in the DudeBusters and the GateCrashers! It'll be a damn shame if the Uso's get the boot but then again they were doomed from the start.
Tyson Kidd was doomed once Jackson Andrews disappeared.
Alicia Fox was always shit so meh
Melina apparently has heat so her release wouldn't surprise me.

Tyson Kidd
He just doesn't make a good enough heel, I can see it

Alicia Fox
Not Important so possibly

Tamina(Her time is definantly up considering how expendable she is.)
Maybe, she hasn't really been involved at all in the divas division very much, I can see them turning her into another heel once shes done with Santino.

Useless

Tyler Reks(Though I would like to see something done with him.)
Agreed, they could of done something with him and I would of loved to seen it, he could of fit well in the Corre I think.

Beth Phoenix(This years Mickie James)

I don't see her going just yet, shes a great Diva and has some bit of talent, they just need to use her more often.

JTG(And I liked this guy)

Again, useless.

Melina(Sad but probably true)
lol her heel turn was full of fail.

Darren Young
Very likely

Possibly Santino or Koslov, they had their run, now they're done particularly Kozlov who still isn't over.

Nah, Santino gets massive pops almost every time and has a good fanbase. I don't think they'll curb him just yet, Kozlov I can see.

I can see maybe Primo going, Ryder, Hawkins and maybe Masters as well.

Well, a lot of my initial pics are already up here but let's give it a whirl anyway:

Primo: Gifted but lost without Carlito or a story.

JTG: Same but with Shad.

Alicia Fox: After a failed title run, and not much being done with her what the point really?

Mason Ryan: Brought up from the minors waaaayy too soon. Too much look and not enough anything else.

Ezekiel: Just big. What else is there to him?

Koslov: once the tag team is done, he's done. From a monster push as an uber heel to Santino's straight man has done him no favors.

David Otunga: I'm frankly surprised he's lasted as long as he has. From some mic time and ring time under Barrett, to pretty much nothing under Punk he hasn't improved in the ring or anywhere else.

Michael Tarver: Since no longer being associated with Nexus, he's become less relevant than ever. And wasn't relevant at all with Nexus. Has he been in the ring in the past 6 months?

Darren Young: Was never the most gifted from the NXT/Nexus crew but showed some early promise which sadly didn't last. He needs to go.

I reserve judgment on most of the divas until we see Awesome Kong (under whatever name the WWE will cook up for her) so now here's a list of the ones that should go they'll likely keep:

Mark Henry: A sentimental favorite but I don't think has worked a good match a day in his life. He has tenure there so maybe he can worked backstage or something but he's just big and not much else. Pretty much always has been.

Great Khali: Why does this man continue to exist? He moves around the ring like a snail, can barely if ever actually sell moves and I don't think he's learned a wrestling hold since he's been there. Sure the Undertaker can work with him, but he's the Undertaker! He hasn't been significant since he went face. And the kisscam serves no purpose but to eat up time, and frankly we have the divas division for that.

if they ever made the 2nd tier titles or the tag titles significant again, some of these people might stay, and the tag teams I didn't mention might stand a chance of keeping a job (sorry Usos, Tamina and former Hart Dynasty). But yeah, I don't see a bright future for any of these guys.

As big a Ryder mark as I am, I find it hard to believe they would get rid of hm under any circumstances. Guys a great talent, and is doing everything he can to get over outside of WWE TV time of which he gets none.

I actually can't see who would be released right now, any of them would come as a shock to me.

Isn't Melina past her expiration date? I hope she gets canned soon. Talented, but her attitude and ugly-assedness outweigh everything else she brings to the organization.

i hope masters stays (still hoping he gets a F**KING PUSH ALREADY), melina and kozlov, and marello will hopefully still be around, hopefully beth and tyler stay too. pretty simple, they will get rid of people who are just there and not doing anything, they are the disposable talents, though, hawkins has been involved in alot of dark matches so he must be a crowd favorite.

bye bye to:
alicia fox
darren young
david hart smith
the uso's
husky harris
maryse
michael tarver
primo
zach ryder
jtg

these are only names that have been like idley standing by, there are lots of other girls and guys that may get released. course, if wrestlemania does good maybe not. wwe does put alot onto the shoulders of wrestlemania so who knows what will happen.

I dont think we will see Tyler Reks get released, he is a big jacked up guy and always get put over heavily by the commentators on superstars.

Tyson Kidd will probably get canned which is a shame, he is very talented. The Uso's as well will probably be released as WWE have 0 interest in tag-teams any more.

Also, Alicia Fox and Trent Barretta will more than likely get their papers too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back