Best WCW PPV!

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
You see a lot of threads mentioning greatest ppv's and you see a lot of mentions for WWF/E and ECW ppv's but I hardly see any mention of WCW ppv's..

Now I have to say, WCW were good at building the hype for their ppv's and majority didn't really deliver, but I know there are tonnes of good ppv's that WCW created..

Great American Bash 1996
This was a good card from start to finish..

Spring Stampede 1994
Another good card especially Steamboat/Flair

Halloween Havoc 1996
Roddy Pipers debut

Slamboree 1994

Beach Blast 1992
Steamboat/Rude

Spring Stampede 2000

SuperBrawl
Most of the early ones were actually good

Bash at the Beach 96/97/98

Starrcade 1996
A really good card, decent midcard fights and good main event.

These are just my opinions, don't hate please.. What others where there?

Uncensored 1998
Booker T vs. Eddie Guerrero
DDP vs. Raven vs. Benoit
The Giant vs. Kevin Nash
Bret Hart vs. Curt Hennig
Sting vs. Scott Hall
Hogan vs. Savage

WCW SuperBrawl 1999
Hogan vs. Flair
Goldberg vs. Bigelow
Scott Steiner vs. DDP
Hall & Nash vs. Mysterio & Konnan
Booker T vs. Disco Inferno

Spring Stampede 1999 (regarded by critics as best PPV of 1999)
Hogan vs. Flair vs. Sting vs. DDP (Macho Man referee)
Kevin Nash vs. Goldberg
Scott Steiner vs. Booker T
Benoit & Malenko vs. Raven & Perry Saturn
Mysterio vs. Kidman
Hak vs. Bigelow
Guerrera vs. Blitzkrieg

Can't forget Starrcade from 97. The return of Sting against Hogan and Zbyszko against Bischoff were major impact matches within the WCW/NWO angle. A great PPV top to bottom.

If you forget about the botched finish, and hulk hogans selfishness. Starrcade 97 was pretty legit.

eddie vs dean (speaks for itself)
ray t... big boss man and the steiners vs vincent, scott norton, and randy savage (decent match with savage and scott steiner carrying it for the most part.)
there was supposed to be a nash vs the giant match but big kev was "down there". You know where. Really though, he was in the hospital because he thought he had a heart attack... or something... probably tore his quad getting his gear on. Instead the giant murdered Scott Hall.
bill goldberg vs steve mcmichael (in what was an exciting, breath taking display. Goldberg squeaks out a victory over his most challenging opponent yet.)
Chris Benoit vs Saturn (supposed to be Benoit vs Raven. Raven chose not to wrestle and had Saturn replace him. Ravens rules.)
Lex Luger vs Buff Bagwell (pretty exciting... i know)
united states championship
diamond dallas page vs (c) curt hennig (the height of ddp's popularity right here. other than sting, he was the guy who stood up against the nWo.)
battle for control of nitro
larry zybisco vs eric bischoff (first off, i dont kjow how to spell larry zybysco. second, pretty well built match. the whole story of the match was which side bret hart was going to choose. obviously he chose the wrong side.)
world heavyweight championship
hulk hogan vs sting (one of the best built matches EVER the payout was... eh. Hogan shiuld have lost cleanly. no questions asked. but. we'e dealing with a special kind of ******** here. what happened happened.)

Overall, this was an exceptional ppv at the abbsolute height of the wcw/nwo angle. This should have been the beginning of the end of the angle, it wasnt. Everything was downhill from that point on. This ppv shows what wcw was capable of when they had a direction. There were no random matches. Every match had meaning, and the whole ppv (aside for a few matches) was about wcw vs nwo. This was supposed to show which entity was superior. This also shows how irresponsible they were capable of being by not figuring out a conclusion to the angle, and letting talent walk over them. Overall, this is the ppv i think of when i think of wcw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back